Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
No really, I didn't know that

But the holders still get an 'MA' for nothing, and not everyone knows they didn't do any work for it at all.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
everyone knows it's just an honorific and empty tradition. it doesn't actually 'qualify' someone with an MA. like i said, an MA is a separate, second degree. someone with an MA will typically have two degrees to declare on their resume/CV. please tell me you are not being this dense. you really think oxbridge has a huge taught/research master's area of research, but everyone who spends a year/30 grand to get one is stupid, because another group get the 'same thing', for free? come on dilbert.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-26 06:21:25)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I have not seen the Great Gatsby yet, nor have I read the book.

I know that I will spend the film not really paying attention but trying to develop a controversial and annoying opinion about why it sucked or was awesome.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-05-26 06:23:15)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I think if I get enough beer in me I might be able to switch of and enjoy it though.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
i'm pretty sure that's almost always the intention of bringing a literary work to film. to make it enjoyable whilst switched off.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

jord wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

The Fast & Furious series shows no signs of slowing down as it takes a commanding lead at the box office on the critical Memorial Day weekend. The sixth film looks to have the biggest opening yet.

Fast & Furious 6 got the Memorial Day weekend off to a blistering start, claiming $38.1 million Friday, according to studio estimates.

The latest installment of the lead-footed franchise is on pace to make more than $120 million over the holiday weekend, easily the largest debut for a series that has grossed $1.6 billion worldwide.

Analysts projected the Vin Diesel film would open to $80 million.

The opening will likely give the weekend to Furious over The Hangover Part III, which also did healthy business on Hollywood's most important weekend at the box office outside Thanksgiving.
Suck it, jord. Watching seeing it tomorrow.
I never said it wouldn't make money, that's the sole reason they make those films. My point was you can't really rip on 300 for bringing out a sequel to a vapid franchise when the fast and the furious is in exactly the same league, only they're on their 5th sequel...

I hope it lives up to your expectations though.
It scored a 76% fresh on rotten tomatos. Oh they already have the 7th planned due to the ending.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
The Asian guy finally made it to Tokyo and died. Who killed him? the next villain Jason Statham.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Macbeth wrote:

jord wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Suck it, jord. Watching seeing it tomorrow.
I never said it wouldn't make money, that's the sole reason they make those films. My point was you can't really rip on 300 for bringing out a sequel to a vapid franchise when the fast and the furious is in exactly the same league, only they're on their 5th sequel...

It scored a 76% fresh on rotten tomatos. Oh they already have the 7th planned due to the ending.
The Asian guy finally made it to Tokyo and died. Who killed him? the next villain Jason Statham.
I seriously hope they don't bring back the guy from Tokyo Drift.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

How the hell are they going to top a fiery plane crash and a tank chase? Go into space?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Maybe Michael Bay will take over as director
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

bugz wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

jord wrote:

I seriously hope they don't bring back the guy from Tokyo Drift.
No one does.

I am really worried about the 7th movie. The director, Justin Lin, has directed the series since Tokyo drift. He is doing a great job since this movie had the biggest opening in the entire series. Now they have a new guy coming in to direct. At least Vin is staying on as a producer.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2091325/
A charismatic womanizer receives his comeuppance after his penis mysteriously leaves his body and takes human form.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

RTHKI wrote:

A charismatic womanizer receives his comeuppance after his penis mysteriously leaves his body and takes human form.
Huh? No Rob Schneider as derpy derpy derp derp?
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Got forced to watch Fast and the Furious 6

The Rock wears the same black under armour shirt the whole movie

https://media.heavy.com/media/2013/02/GINA-ONE-sized.jpg

Movie was ok 7.5/10

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-05-27 22:19:02)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Are you excited for Fast and furious 7?!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

South Park did it. Kinda.
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

Roc18 wrote:

Got forced to watch Fast and the Furious 6

The Rock wears the same black under armour shirt the whole movie

Movie was ok 7.5/10
Dude needs to get in the gym
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Macbeth wrote:

Are you excited for Fast and furious 7?!
Is it gonna be called Fast and furious 7 or Tokyo Drift 2 or both? Based on that ending I can't tell.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Caught the second half of trainspotting. I regret not watching the whole thing when I have had the chance
best watch it between now and 2016, they plan on doing a sequel
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

That would be as retarded as a sequel to One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

it's actually a prequel. the book has already been written. there are several written within that fictional scottish set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skagboys

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-29 03:24:56)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

it's actually a prequel. the book has already been written. there are several written within that fictional scottish set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skagboys
Fixed
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
this one is coming out too, but i don't think it interferes with the trainspotting plot at all (i haven't read it; don't think much of welsh tbh)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filth_(novel)
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City
Hangover 3: 6/10
Not nearly as funny as the first two. I laughed pretty hard at a few scenes, but they were few and far between. They broke away from the formula, probably because everyone complained that 2 was just 1 all over again, but while that was true, 2 was just as funny as 1 all over again. This one is not. The after-the-credits scene was better than the whole movie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard