13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

someone got told
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

ghettoperson wrote:

I *hate* jumpy scary movies. It seems like such a cheap way to scare people. There's far too few movies these days that are genuinely scary.
I'm with you there. I think that's just the model they wanted to use for that movie. But seriously, a piece of cloth blowing against a windshield does not provide a viable excuse (at least to me) to pump 100dB orchestral hits into your audience's ear. Save it for events that would be genuinely startling without the 'music.'

I turned it off half-way through one night because I was sick of reaching over for the AV receiver's volume knob. Went from '50' to '15' in thirty minutes. You know when everything's coming (if you have any experience with similar flicks), but the thing's so fucking loud that your heart stops anyway. And when I finally decided to finish it, the film jumped genres and became half-comedy.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

BTW that Youtube video of clips you posted was hilarious, if mildly disgusting. I don't think I could take the movie seriously at all.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Oh god yes I really hated Drag Me to Hell. It annoyed me a lot and I wanted to leave waaaaaaaaay before it was finished. What a crappy film.

And of course i'm told I didn't 'get it'.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FFLink wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

South Park (the Nascar one): didn't laugh once/10
The fuck is wrong with you?
I'm not a Nascar fan. I just didn't find it funny.
Me neither, but I still laughed many-a-time. Do you usually not enjoy South Park? If not, why would you watch it? It wasn't different from many of the other episodes - ways for the creators to show how they think some things are stupid.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
ice age: the dawn of the dinosaurs 8.9/10
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6415|EE Chat
The Town: 10/10
An amazing heis/crime film with a subplot that will repeatedly blow your mind, and some humor mixed in. All around great film.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

Piranha - 6/10

All 6 points are for Kelly Brook.  Actually, maybe 5, the main teenager girl in the movie was pretty hot, I'll give her one of the points.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

The Godfather 10/10

The Godfather pt II  8/10

I'm not going to watch the third.

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Let Me In - 8/10

The drama's a bit drawn out, but it's a fresh-feeling approach to the vampire genre. Give it a chance and you'll be amply rewarded with tasteful bloodbaths.

FFLink wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FFLink wrote:

The fuck is wrong with you?
I'm not a Nascar fan. I just didn't find it funny.
Me neither, but I still laughed many-a-time. Do you usually not enjoy South Park? If not, why would you watch it? It wasn't different from many of the other episodes - ways for the creators to show how they think some things are stupid.
South Park's great. I've laughed at a ton of episodes. I just didn't like this one, along with the very few others that didn't catch my fancy. I could see where I was supposed to laugh, but I just didn't.

Not holding it against the writers, and I'll watch the next one when it comes out.

If I wanted to talk about why any further, it would probably be taken here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=135630&p=7
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Piranha - 6/10

All 6 points are for Kelly Brook.  Actually, maybe 5, the main teenager girl in the movie was pretty hot, I'll give her one of the points.
I bet you'd give her one of your points.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Piranha - 6/10

I bet you'd give her one of your points.
I'd give her much more than just one point
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314
Resident Evil : Extinction -/10
Got bored after the first 25 minutes and turned it off. Is it worth a second try, bf2s?

Rolemodels - 9/10
Sublime Entertainment. Always laughing at it like watching it the first time.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
No. It's awful. Alice turns into a Jedi and all sorts of retarded things happen.
Commie Killer
+192|6357
Cashback: 9.5/10

Brought up netflix last night and saw it on the main screen, looked like a stupid movie with a lotta nudity, wasn't bad at all though. It managed to stray away from the drunken frat boy style movie and was actually pretty damn good.
Sisco
+493|6314

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

No. It's awful. Alice turns into a Jedi and all sorts of retarded things happen.
Yeah, figured. Was suspicious after the second, with her getting all the head asploding capabilities. meh.

On another note, i forgot to rate two movies I watched over the last couple days:

Bill & Teds Bogus Journey - 7/10
Not as good as the first, but still a timeless classic!

Wayne´s World - 9/10
Fucken ace! Makes me laugh every time. Features one of the greatest scenes in movie history:

lmao

On a sidenote, the crewmember at the back behind Garth is the "Reporter" from Generation Kill

When posting more than one huge image, be kind and thumbnail them.
But Gal tags are still bugged and don´t show correctly

Last edited by Sisco (2010-10-11 03:36:25)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Yeah Death is great in that film.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: 8/10

Funny, fast and witty. Good casting, good comic timing and great soundtrack. During the almost two hour film, maybe one single minute of one single scene could be considered lame, as in "George-fat-Lucas Jar-Jar Binks" lame. The rest of the movie was pretty much great.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I.e. Matthew Patel's Bollywood-part
I need around tree fiddy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Pirate Radio - 10/10

Just...10.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
"Oxford Murders"

3/10

Oh wow, this must've been one of the worst pieces of shit I have ever had the misfortune to view in my entire life. If you ever need confirmation of the fact that Elijah Woods is a terrible actor, by all means, go ahead and watch this. You even get a free of charge extra, there's someone in there who is actually even worse than him. Some sort of russian side character who is supposed to be a mathematician. Not only does the acting of this character belong somewhere in fucking kindergarten, his deformed facial expressions and weird ass accent make you wonder if the actor is actually taking his role seriously or, in the worst case, was born with some sort of mental deficiency. Every time this guy turns up on the screen you are stuck in a continouos cycle of facedesking and cringing.

The 'maths' and 'philosophy' bits of the film (which really are just attempts to impress retarded people and make them feel like they're watching something intelligent) and the idiotic plot twists could make anyone with more than a single working brain cell seem like a genius compared to the characters portrayed in the film, who, ironically, are supposed to be geniuses.

I'm going to spare you any further review. Unless you like the idea of rolling your eyes and feeling the need to vomit all throughout a film, don't watch this poor excuse of a movie.
inane little opines
Sisco
+493|6314
Wayne´s World 2 - 8/10

Man, Tia Carrere was such a babe in those movies. nomnom
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

The Town 8/10
It's not really new, fresh, or original. It bares a lot of resemblance to Heat though that's not a bad thing. It's a really solid movie.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
Red 7/10
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY
Dirty Harry - 10/10

It's dated...but still a damn good movie.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
King of New York.

I liked this, but now I want Horatio to say "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard