Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35815.html

Looks pretty tbh...never played the first ones though as I didn't have my PS2 connected to the internets.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6402|Southern California
I played a bit of two... the online was pretty fun, but the single player sucked hard.

I really have single player with a team of NPC's honestly... I always did better with out them hanging around fucking my shit up. As much as I could I would just go tell them to hold position in some bush while I handled things.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6752|FUCK UBISOFT

graphics are cool, gameplay doesn't look very next gen.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking it reminded me of Ins mod for HL2...
icecold2510
+31|6304
Socom's online is always made of win.

It's pretty much the online of the PS2, hopefully it can be of the PS3

Have been following it a lot since I got my PS3, lot of things changed since S2/S3. Hopefully it will be good, because S2's online was the best of the Socom series. Preorder it or buy the June issue of Qore to get in the beta!

I miss staying up every night during the summer playing Socom 2
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6606|Michigan, USA

Miggle wrote:

Honestly, graphics didnt impress me much at all, looks more along the lines of COD4 even a slightly better looking BF2 to me, very underwhleming for the system.  Looks more like a late gen PS2 title then PS3.  but thats just me.
icecold2510
+31|6304

r2zoo wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Honestly, graphics didnt impress me much at all, looks more along the lines of COD4 even a slightly better looking BF2 to me, very underwhleming for the system.  Looks more like a late gen PS2 title then PS3.  but thats just me.
Honestly, for SOCOM, i can care less about graphics, it's more about the gameplay.  Could be why it's online only?
GR34
+215|6555|ALBERTA> CANADA
wow game play looks utter crap
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6450|Brisbane, Australia

Wow. That has to be the most unconvincing trailer I have ever seen.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6490|Sheffield-England
SOCOM was immense for the PS2

Online was brilliant as well

But it looks like America's Army... It won't get a very good rating i can tell you now.

Last edited by stkhoplite (2008-07-06 04:07:13)

MECtallica
+73|6514|jalalabad

it looks like really bad machinama lol

also the animations are horrible

same with the sounds, graphics are also barely a step up too
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

MECtallica wrote:

it looks like really bad machinama lol

also the animations are horrible

same with the sounds, graphics are also barely a step up too
IIRC, it's not a full game. It's more along the lines of a $20 game?

I thought the trailer looked ok.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5996|Aus, Qld
Looks like a slightly updated bf2, the graphics look about the same, and the characters seem to jump around a bit, almost like America's Army.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6606|Michigan, USA

bakinacake wrote:

Looks like a slightly updated bf2, the graphics look about the same, and the characters seem to jump around a bit, almost like America's Army.
To AAs credit, it is free, so there no real excuse, maybe a $20 game, but then why release on PS3 if your barely upgrading it, might as well release on PS2 , larget market since PS2 games work fine on PS3.
icecold2510
+31|6304
I'm pretty excited for this game.  I can care less about not so great graphics for a PSN title.  As long as the gameplay is Socom style, I'll love it.

Confrontation will be for a PSN title.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

icecold2510 wrote:

I'm pretty excited for this game.  I can care less about not so great graphics for a PSN title.  As long as the gameplay is Socom style, I'll love it.

Confrontation will be for a PSN title.
Exactly. I mean I wouldn't expect great graphics out of an XBL downloadable FPS or a Nintendo Wii-market (whatever it's called) FPS either. So that's why I'm excited.
motherdear
+25|6662|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
trailer looks horrible. but i assume that the reason why it looks bad is because it is not finished yet (haven't even gotten to the first beta test yet) and the other reason is because it supports 60 player online games.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6458

motherdear wrote:

trailer looks horrible. but i assume that the reason why it looks bad is because it is not finished yet (haven't even gotten to the first beta test yet) and the other reason is because it supports 60 player online games.
icecold2510
+31|6304

r'Eeee wrote:

motherdear wrote:

lol 60 players

never in socom

i think 32 is bad for socom, they should have just kept it 16 max
motherdear
+25|6662|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
sorry for that mixed up some stuff from different previews (cough resistance 2 cough) my bad, anyway the game still looks sweet.
icecold2510
+31|6304
gameplay http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35613.html

looks amazing, looks like socom 2 style

time to go play socom...

and they brought back victory dances!

now i can dance all over dead bodies again

Last edited by icecold2510 (2008-07-07 16:44:21)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5984|England

oh noes

they didn't ruin socom did they?
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6704|Ireland
Looks liek they made the trailer by just frapsing a multiplayer game filled with noobs.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

It looks truly awful. Unsmooth movements, shit graphics and poor gameplay. I actually liked the first Socom game, but this doesn't look that big an improvement from number 1.
icecold2510
+31|6304

Zimmer wrote:

It looks truly awful. Unsmooth movements, shit graphics and poor gameplay. I actually liked the first Socom game, but this doesn't look that big an improvement from number 1.
Who really cares about graphics? It's a PSN game anyway, I doubt that Slant Six is putting in as much money KojiPro did for MGS4.

And it's 3 months from release with a private then open beta coming.  People have spoken on the Playstation forums about smoothing the movements already.

And at least play the game first before you say gameplay is poor

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard