Poll

Will the new patch put an end to the whining?

Yes16%16% - 22
No83%83% - 110
Total: 132
chitlin
Banned
+36|6762
waah i cant gl at my feet anymore i think im going to start a thread saying its changing because people whine not becuase its a gay tactic used by losers who cant aim ^^

props to dice for cleaning up thier game ..these faggots who run around gl at thier feet all day make this game retarded

Last edited by chitlin (2006-01-14 16:28:45)

CGS_Junior
+-4|6678|Cincinnati
I am glad the patch is fixing everything that it is.  i can't wait to see the new sniper rifle cuz i always have an love for long range kills.  Hopefully the P90 is as good in the game as it is in real life.
DeAThSniPer[CoD]
+8|6770|Virginia, United States
u talk bout how people wont stop whinin but look at u, ur whinin bout them whinin so shutup, and u guys who think the game is gettin messed up cuz they r takin out the bunny hoppin and dolphin diving, they r fixin bugs in the game, until it gets to when they know the patch will be out u wont know everythin thats gonna be on it, i guarantee they fix some bugs.
DeAThSniPer[CoD]
+8|6770|Virginia, United States

Speelbal wrote:

Hiya Darth. I agree. It will result in more whining. People who use the c4 trick often: "I hate the new patch wich disabled the shooting in air function". Etc. I wish they would fix my vid probs.

I made some screens of my "glitches"

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8563/screen0837qh.jpg

Black screen.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8633/screen0868na.jpg

Just wtf?

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8875/screen0870wk.jpg

No fog.

And ofcourse the random lock ups, where it's impossbile to make screens.

EA, fix my probs first. I need a new system. Help me finance it.
thats jus ur system, becuz my game has never done that, jus face it ur comp cant handle bf2
bgthigfist
+0|6805

Answeller wrote:

This Patch is total bullshit.  This new patch killin my way of playin, no more tv guide shot from two flag away, no more hopping, i just find out how effective this noob tube is and now its gone. Damn you EA.
Waaaaaah.  I can't wait for the patch.  I'm sick of fighting the progeny of the energizer bunny who fucked a dolphin.  I cry for your loss of the 'noob tube around the corner' style of play.  Go play counter strike or something else.
A.Frade
Banned
+4|6689
I hate the fact that u wont beable to shoot while jumping they probably should of just made the recoil like really high except for noob tubes those mayb should be stopped.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6684

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

i dont mind bunny hoppers/dolphin divers since instead of bitching, i just learned how to actually aim. i suggest everyone else does this too. also i dont think that they should have reduced hitpoints since they are making the AA much better. now anything that is flying will instantly die the second AA locks onto them. now there is not ever going to be anyone flying. also since the hitpoints are down, a chopper will go down in seconds from a HMMWV or vodnic. also not being able to jump while throwing grenades is fucking stupid. anyone that knows how to throw an object (grenade, ball, rock or anything) if you want to be able to throw it farther, you jump and throw it. its something that happens in real life.

so for everyone that complained about this game, good job, you fucked it up. way to go pussies.
The problem with bunny hopping is that the hitboxes are messed up when you jump.  So even without lag, you put your 100% accurate weapon over them and shoot, the bullets might not hit.  What you don't understand is that bunny hopping doesn't make you harder to hit because you are in the air, it makes you harder to hit because the hitboxes are off.  In this case, you can't just get better and hit them... because the hitboxes are messed its not your fault that your shot didn't register.

First of all, you should actually specify that you are talking about Air Vehicles you moron, so someone who hasn't read what will be changed in the patch will know what the hell you are talking about.  AA is getting better, but there are so few AA stations, so it really doesn't make that much of a difference.  They aren't reducing health by that much you moron, it will still take 2 stingers to take out a chopper/jet, but they might be down to red health instead of being at half.

You must look pretty stupid jumping before you throw things in real life.
if you dont realise that im talking about air vehicles then you are the moron. i was talking about the AA so did it make you start thinking i was talking about a tank? and whenever someone is bunny hopping, i will rarely ever miss them. it is still easy to hit them no matter how the hitboxes are, so why cant anyone else do this? already, 2 AA shots makes it go down to red, so if they reduce hitpoints then 2 AA shots will destroy it. good job being the moron here.
ANYONE can hit a bunny jumper, but the thing is that only about 25% of the shots will register.  So yes, I guess what you are saying is true - it IS easy to hit a bunny jumper.  I am not saying it is IMPOSSIBLE to hit a bunny jumper.  It is just a lot harder than it should be for gameplay's sake.

2 AA shots to kill a jet?  Sounds like more than enough to me.
specops10-4
+108|6743|In the hills

jonnykill wrote:

I guess this good as any other place to whine . First off the Jets are way unbalanced and correct me if I'm wrong they have full radar scan so no one can hide from crap . My second rant - the airdefenses are crap and troops need stigers . The tking system and asking 12 yr olds to forgive you even though it's their fault clearly - FAIL ! The M95 - worthless ! Smoke grenades dont last long enough . Special forces should have a half guhuille suit . That's what needs to be fix .

JK
jetsdon't have radar, have you ever gone out of the ity maps yet?  But the rest i agree with you
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6719
Wow. A fellow honourable player. A rare but distinguished breed

cellness wrote:

Regarding whining, etc. Speaking for myself and others I know that play this game, I think the problem that the "whiners" have is that the "noob" tactics take away from the suppossed style of gameplay that this game promises. This isn't Doom, Quake, or UT, where superhuman freaks with futuristic uber-weapons fly around the screen constantly shooting in every direction. This game is set in current times with real weapons with "normal" human beings.

To many players, the expectation is that this game, while obviously never being able to come close to what real life would be like, is going to offer the player gameplay that resembles real-life combat situations and tactics. To that end, you aren't going to see in real-life:

- Soldiers running around with their GL's armed, and then shooting them at the feet of an enemy that's 2 feet in front of them. Obviously, they would probably kill themselves. GL's are used with much more care in live combat, and shot at emplacements where hand grenades are not effective.
You're exagerating slightly with your "2 feet in front of them" remark, but the reason why the GL thing isn't really a problem is that the rules are the same for everyone in this sense.  The n00b t00b issue is an annoyance but not a real promlem IMO.

cellness wrote:

- Soldiers with C4 throwing the explosive nilly-willy, and then detonating it a half-second after throwing it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but placing and arming C4 is done with care, and it is certainly never used as a pseudo-grenade. I also bet that using C4 to blow up occupied enemy vehicles in live combat is something that probably *never* happens, but that's something that can be forgiven in this game, if the "noobness" is removed.
I don't see that many problems with C4, apart from the suicide C4ers. I don't think that their kills should register if they blow themselves up in the attack.

cellness wrote:

-Soldiers running around the battlefield "evading" enemy fire by constantly jumping up and down. Not only would this not be effective (one bullet would drop the soldier, where in BF2 it takes several bullets), human beings can't jump that high (especially when loaded down with weapons and equipment), and jumping like that several times in a row would be extrememly fatiguing. Of course, actually shooting with accuracy or reloading a weapon would be near impossible while trying to jump up and down. Dolphin diving is even less realistic.
This is my pet hate. It turns the game into something like Bubble Bobble. I'd like to see them disable the jump altogether, since in battle you would almost never jump unless you were scaling an object, so perhaps they could allow you to slide or scramble over walls if you were next to them. The skillful players should rule, not those lacking in gentlemanlyness and ethics.

cellness wrote:

Certainly, there's always going to be whining, but I think that once the extremely unrealistic tactics are removed, more players will be happy. Those who whine about having their noob tactics removed will be recognized for what they are and ignored. Don't confuse "whining" with legitimate complaints. I think for most mature players, the more realistic the game is, the better they will like the game.
Thumbs up.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6819

whining never stops. and there will always be plenty of things to whine about in bf2.

this is the whiner mentality: only i can kill people. when other people kill me, they are cheating/exploiting/not playing fair, and so i will bitch and moan. if i make a big stink, the developers might change the game to suit my particular tastes, regardless of what other players feel, because i'm superior to everyone on the planet.

anyway i hope they GLs haven't been nerfed to such an extent that they're no longer useful. assault class will be pointless if that's the case.

as for this game supposedly promising realistic war simulation, that's just plain wrong. it never did that. you're talking about a game in which every soldier is james bond and can fly in on a jet, airdrop into a tank, blowup a helo, then continue on foot dropping enemy soldiers with his rifle. that's war simulation? please. that's just an excuse for the people who want to slow this game down to hide behind.

it all comes down to people who want a fast, moving type of gunfight [bunnyhopping and explosives] versus people who like to prone and zoom anytime they see an enemy. obviously the latter people won, and there's nothing we can do about it now, but it's just two opposing opinions. the game is no more realistic now than it was before, which is not at all. 

Last edited by Krappyappy (2006-01-15 01:30:36)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

What this whole experience teaches us is that, if things don't go your way, just keep complaining until they do.

Whining will never stop, no matter how many things are added or subtracted from the game.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6682|England and damn proud
i agree with the 2 hit AA on jets but lowering the heli armour, oh shit im fucked!!, the AA has neva hit me when i been flying so about 65% seems good ,but  the bunny hopping thing bothers me a bit when im snipering some 1 in all other cases i dont give a flying fudge!!! BUT all in all i think the patch will be a good thing but we will see when it comes out, NOW STOP BITCHING FFS!!!!!!!!
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6806|Orlando, FL - Age 43

stryyker wrote:

it is in human nature to bitch
No stryyker, it is in feminine nature to bitch. Too many people here are too much in touch with their feminine sides. Goes along with the feminization of the modern male.

RDMC wrote:

they better stop whinin.. goddamn folks allready fucked the game.. so they better stop whining..
I couldn't agree more, RDMC!

Kkookie wrote:

I'm disappointed that EA is basing most of its "improvements" on whiners. how about fixing annoying crashes to desktops, color bugs, that annoying squad bug? noooooooo lets hose people's vehicles, eliminate legitimate game features in the name of "fairness."

but I suppose we'll have to wait a few more months before they fix the real issues.
This sadly all to true. There is only one mention of any performance fix in the upcoming patch. No mention of the red/blue tag glitch at all. All the time spent on fixing whiner's complaints could have been better spent adding far more new features, i.e. weapons and maps, etc.

cellness wrote:

Regarding whining, etc. Speaking for myself and others I know that play this game, I think the problem that the "whiners" have is that the "noob" tactics take away from the suppossed style of gameplay that this game promises. This isn't Doom, Quake, or UT, where superhuman freaks with futuristic uber-weapons fly around the screen constantly shooting in every direction. This game is set in current times with real weapons with "normal" human beings.

To many players, the expectation is that this game, while obviously never being able to come close to what real life would be like, is going to offer the player gameplay that resembles real-life combat situations and tactics. To that end, you aren't going to see in real-life:

- Soldiers running around with their GL's armed, and then shooting them at the feet of an enemy that's 2 feet in front of them. Obviously, they would probably kill themselves. GL's are used with much more care in live combat, and shot at emplacements where hand grenades are not effective.

- Soldiers with C4 throwing the explosive nilly-willy, and then detonating it a half-second after throwing it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but placing and arming C4 is done with care, and it is certainly never used as a pseudo-grenade. I also bet that using C4 to blow up occupied enemy vehicles in live combat is something that probably *never* happens, but that's something that can be forgiven in this game, if the "noobness" is removed.

-Soldiers running around the battlefield "evading" enemy fire by constantly jumping up and down. Not only would this not be effective (one bullet would drop the soldier, where in BF2 it takes several bullets), human beings can't jump that high (especially when loaded down with weapons and equipment), and jumping like that several times in a row would be extrememly fatiguing. Of course, actually shooting with accuracy or reloading a weapon would be near impossible while trying to jump up and down. Dolphin diving is even less realistic.

Certainly, there's always going to be whining, but I think that once the extremely unrealistic tactics are removed, more players will be happy. Those who whine about having their noob tactics removed will be recognized for what they are and ignored. Don't confuse "whining" with legitimate complaints. I think for most mature players, the more realistic the game is, the better they will like the game.
If its realism that you are after, what about....
1. Being able to operate normally with two bars of health?
2. Medics being able to cure just about everything with shock paddles?
3. Being able to restore full health with some gauze and what little else is in the medic bag?
4. Being able to repair, heal, resupply things outside your vehicle while inside a vehicle?
5. Stabbing someone in the foot and they instantly die?
6. Spawning on your squad leader?
7. Resapwning after 15 seconds.....or whatever the server decides?
8. .50 caliber sniper rifles that are not one-shot kills.
9. Mounted guns that have infinite ammo?
10. Being able to repair bridges, blown up satellite trailers or anything else with nothing more than a crescent wrench?
11. Vehicles that do not run out of gas?
12. Mines/claymores/C4/medic/supply bags that disappear because you die?

I could go on and on. We are not confusing whining with legitimate complaints here. The irrational hatred of GL is not a mature complaint. Legitimate complaints are the technical issues the game suffers from such as connection issues, crash to desktop-or people who tk for vehicles (I had some idiot teamkill me on Warlord for a freaking ATV....what is up with that?), idiots who punish after running into or over clearly marked mines/claymores and other such behaviour.

While decently written, your analysis of what is a noob tactic is colored by your own personal opinion and it is far from a universal one, in fact, most of the people who share your opinion are some of the most infantile posters I have ever seen. It is a shame that someone like yourself who seems able to think coherently should take up the argument of so many childish, self absorbed kooks.

chitlin wrote:

waah i cant gl at my feet anymore i think im going to start a thread saying its changing because people whine not becuase its a gay tactic used by losers who cant aim ^^

props to dice for cleaning up thier game ..these faggots who run around gl at thier feet all day make this game retarded
Ahh, chitlin, my dim-witted friend, what you fail to realize that your wining and bitching are feminine traits. Men or boys who exhibit these traits are generally thought to be gay. Think about it for a change. Brain=lump three feet above your ass, remember?

DeAThSniPer[CoD] wrote:

u talk bout how people wont stop whinin but look at u, ur whinin bout them whinin so shutup, and u guys who think the game is gettin messed up cuz they r takin out the bunny hoppin and dolphin diving, they r fixin bugs in the game, until it gets to when they know the patch will be out u wont know everythin thats gonna be on it, i guarantee they fix some bugs.
Nice attempt at justifying your whining ways.

Krappyappy wrote:

whining never stops. and there will always be plenty of things to whine about in bf2.

this is the whiner mentality: only i can kill people. when other people kill me, they are cheating/exploiting/not playing fair, and so i will bitch and moan. if i make a big stink, the developers might change the game to suit my particular tastes, regardless of what other players feel, because i'm superior to everyone on the planet.

anyway i hope they GLs haven't been nerfed to such an extent that they're no longer useful. assault class will be pointless if that's the case.

CHITLIN_BISCUIT........read the above post.....twice so it sinks in! Thank you Krappyappy, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Tyferra wrote:

What this whole experience teaches us is that, if things don't go your way, just keep complaining until they do.

Whining will never stop, no matter how many things are added or subtracted from the game.
That may the the lesson to learn, unfortunately.
Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6712|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!
LOL!!11!!  I just found this thread while doing a search and had to laugh considering the current state of the forum.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6806|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Roger that! Read through the posts and look at all the optimism.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard