wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
Well does anyone have one? Why do people bum them so much? Someone told me once you get a smartphone you'll find it hard to cope with an ordinary mobile.
gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|5996
its because you can update its software and such and they will never get updated
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

cablecopulate wrote:

I know they are smart.
OMG, SOMEONE GIVE THIS GUY A DAYTIME EMMY AWARD, HE'S FUCKING HILARIOUS! LOL!

Ahem.

Gentlemen.

Anyways, I don't see anyone here bumming smartphones. I love smartphones, especially the N95 and the iPhone.

Anyone you're looking at in particular?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

when you have a smartphone you basically carry a laptop with you. edit docs, surf the internet, email, ssh into your server, ... If you are away from your PC a lot and want to stay in touch they are really nice. If you carry around a laptop with you wherever you go (like me) they don't really make much sense.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK

Poseidon wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

I know they are smart.

Ahem.

Gentlemen.

Anyways, I don't see anyone here bumming smartphones. I love smartphones, especially the N95 and the iPhone.

Well a few of my friends bum smart phones, I'm getting a n95 8gb tomorrow.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
It's pretty much a PDA + phone. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are a portable laptop, but most of the features that usually make a phone "smart" are PDA type stuff.

Tell me what you think of that N95 8gb, I'm starting to seriously consider one. PM me or something if you don't do a review please.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

wah1188 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

I know they are smart.

Ahem.

Gentlemen.

You can't go wrong then. The N95 is a great phone. Don't mind what your friends say, they're tech nubs.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK

Poseidon wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ahem.

Gentlemen.

You can't go wrong then. The N95 is a great phone. Don't mind what your friends say, they're tech nubs.
Bum means they love them.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It's pretty much a PDA + phone. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are a portable laptop, but most of the features that usually make a phone "smart" are PDA type stuff.

Tell me what you think of that N95 8gb, I'm starting to seriously consider one. PM me or something if you don't do a review please.
Will do, I got the phone on a really good deal. I called up my operator whom my contract was coming to an end with and requested my PAC code. Two days later they called me up and offered me this phone for 18 months only paying £13 a month with 500 minutes and 100 texts.
i g
Banned
+876|5864|GA

i know all about that
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6361|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

i know all about that
ba-dum ching!
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Very interesting just got it now trying out the features I feel slightly overwhelmed, I dunno how to use the gps though. I must say I'm becoming a Nokia fanboy by the minute their pc suite software is easy to use. Will give more details later.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners
I'm not much at my office, so I use my smartphone a lot to check my emails, previously I had a HTC Dual touch which was good because it had Microsoft exchange, but I hate the screen and the stupid pen. that's why I love my current iphone, touch screen is amazing, but it doesn't have microsoft exchange
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
It's kinda difficult to find software for it some of it's incompatible, not really found any decent websites with reliable free software. The phone is good though has crashed twice though but I've been messing about with it quite alot. There is some really cool freeware program called rotate me where the phone display switches between landscape and portrait according to how you hold it. Overall the phone is great, very good features including the basic needs of everyone.

Patience is required though and the ability to google to get programs and that, to maximize the things you can do with it. Keys are small but are nice and tactile so you know when you've punched in a number. Doesn't take ridiculously long to boot up either which is great. The multimedia keys are sort of handy the loudspeaker is well, loud. Well that's about all I can say unless I missed something out this is a phone I can't get away without reading the manual on though.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
How is the camera?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
See for yourself ones taken with the k800i and another with the n95.

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/wah118_2006/DSC01571.jpg
https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/wah118_2006/01072008005.jpg

Yuck I should really clean up!
Being honest in terms of picture quality I am slightly disappointed it was expecting it to blow my k800i completely out of the water with the extra 2mp. It can't compete with the xenon flash it does have some very nice shoot modes like take a pic every ten seconds and various other time settings. Video recording is excellent though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard