CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6636|Medford, WI

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

is anyone playing us west ladder that can give me some stuff lol
You're shit out of luck from me. Making a chanter on LouisChant though.
im playing uswest but Im a lvl 6 lol, and I need a rush
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

So here's what we got:
Barbarian, Witchdoctor, Templar (Paladin), Sorcer(er/ess) (+Druid?), Amazon (wtf will the male one be?); +variety of both sexes.
  • I can't say much about the Barbarian. It's pretty much the warrior from D1 (minus the spells).
  • Witchdoctor: I see its 'necromancer' roll as a mixture between elemental damage and 'meaty' undead. Nothing can take the place of a huge swarm of skeletons, though.
  • Templar: Hopefully we'll be able to use as many build varieties as in D2. I loved being able to use a bow, fanaticism and elemental auras.
  • Sorcerer: I just read earlier in the thread that it would be inheriting some druid aspects. Hopefully that's just elemental.
  • Amazon: They should just call it the 'rogue' class and give them druid pets. I can envision a male rogue (not of the sisterhood), but a male Amazon is just...yick.

I'd also like some form of buff and summons-oriented necromancer as described in my earlier post, but I doubt it'll happen. The witchdoctor is just too similar to D2's necro, so serious modification would have to be done.

In Diablo I: Hellfire, a fourth class was introduced: the monk. You could block with your staff and boost your HP's beyond another class's (was mistaken; checked).

If it was in Diablo II, I could see its skill categories as variations of the following:

Defensive Auras/Shadow Skills (Paladin/Assassin)
Combat Masteries/Combat Skills (Barbarian/Paladin)
Hand-to-Hand/Martial Arts (Monk/Assassin)

https://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/monk.jpg

More specifically, the first tree would strike a balance between party/player damage reduction and healing buffs, with some escapism. The second would increase weapon damage, attack techniques (probably things like leap and odd 'God of War' whirlwind with elemental damage) and passive defense (blocking with a two-handed weapons, such as a staff, spear, polearm or bow; 'iron skin' clone, etc.). The third would grant heavy magical damage and resistance to attacks without the benefit of weapons; maybe even a short-range knockback/stun shockwave (hadoken!), with kicks borrowed from martial arts. Some of it sounds a bit like a paladin, but most of it seems to line up with some barbarian builds. I think I might flesh out the idea in another post. With a bit more diversity, it'd be a nice expansion character.

Those are low quality and distorted. You'd be better off linking to the gameplay video download from Blizzard.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-09-20 08:20:38)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Amazon: They should just call it the 'rogue' class and give them druid pets. I can envision a male rogue (not of the sisterhood), but a male Amazon is just...yick.
Yeah I thought the term Amazon meant a female warrior.

that's what wikipedia says on the matter.

* Amazons, members of a legendary nation of female warriors in Greek mythology
    * more generally, any "woman warrior"
          o History of women in the military
          o Dahomey Amazons, an all-female regiment of the African kingdom of Dahomey
          o Amazon feminism, dedicated to the image of the female hero in fiction and in fact
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
It all sounds very complicated.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Heavy + Medic PLZ

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-09-20 07:45:57)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

Vilham wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Amazon: They should just call it the 'rogue' class and give them druid pets. I can envision a male rogue (not of the sisterhood), but a male Amazon is just...yick.
Yeah I thought the term Amazon meant a female warrior.

that's what wikipedia says on the matter.

* Amazons, members of a legendary nation of female warriors in Greek mythology
    * more generally, any "woman warrior"
          o History of women in the military
          o Dahomey Amazons, an all-female regiment of the African kingdom of Dahomey
          o Amazon feminism, dedicated to the image of the female hero in fiction and in fact
When I put the words 'Amazon' and 'male' together, I somehow get this:
https://ecoworldly.com/files/2008/05/tribe-in-amazon_large.jpg

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It all sounds very complicated.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Heavy + Medic PLZ
Yeah, Diablo can be. Simplifying the concept as I type.

Looking to strike a balance between defensive paladin, offensive/defensive assassin and active/passive-defensive barbarian. With a class-passive ability to block with these two-handed weapons (in order of most to least successful): staff, spear, polearm, bow. As a matter of balance, bow wouldn't be able to block ranged. Mastery boosts would synergize these passive defenses.

The thing I didn't like about the monk in Diablo I, despite the ability to block with a staff and hit multiple targets with a swing (which would fit better as an attack skill in 2/3), was his inability to take much damage. The concept of heavy armor defense penalties is a bit silly when a bow-toting rogue can wear heavy armor with ease. I'd like for one to be able to wade into a fight and get the attention of multiple enemies without getting instantly ganked...without the mega ultra insta-kill hitting power of a proper warrior class. Or, if the person building prefers, to take more of a party-benefits approach.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-09-20 08:30:17)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So here's what we got:
Barbarian, Witchdoctor, Templar (Paladin), Sorcer(er/ess) (+Druid?), Amazon (wtf will the male one be?); +variety of both sexes.
Where'd you find that from? The D3 website just has the Barb and Doc.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So here's what we got:
Where'd you find that from? The D3 website just has the Barb and Doc.
It's been discussed on more forums than this one, but I haven't nailed any of it to rumored or confirmed.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6486
Monk class is out. He's got the support spells of the paladin and the CQC based attacks of the Assassin. His combat skills rely on the usage of skill combos, which each of his skills having a different effect depending on it's place in a chain of attacks. This makes his style somewhat more akin to Fighting games.

Profile page: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/monk.xml

Cinamatic Trailer: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/movies/monk.xml

Gameplay trailer: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/m … meplay.xml

Pretty cool.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6423|NSW, Australia

If theres no paladin im going to cry
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6797|Great Brown North
barbarian is in? i need no other
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6173|Vancouver | Canada

RavyGravy wrote:

This.

Nothing beats clicking once and watching a whole horde of enemies drop dead at your feet.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6361

DefCon-17 wrote:

RavyGravy wrote:

This.

Nothing beats clicking once and watching a whole horde of enemies drop dead at your feet.
The monk obviously does that.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6423|NSW, Australia

Sisco10 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

RavyGravy wrote:

This.

its just not the same though
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6537|Adelaide, South Australia

RavyGravy wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

This.

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6423|NSW, Australia

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RavyGravy wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

blow me
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker
Paladin was my favorite, but I also liked the Barbarian and Assassin, so combining some Paladin and Assassin elements will be fun.  Love the martial arts.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6731|Purplicious Wisconsin
I'm guessing the 5th will be Druid?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6486

War Man wrote:

Druid's ablities and roles are now in the Witch Doctor and Wizard class.

Also Blizzard have stated that the Barbarian is the only class who will return, at least until an expansion is released.

The next (and final) class will be a ranged weapon user, I mean we have the heavy melee, light melee, attack mage, and support mage, a ranged focused class is all that's left.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6249

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

War Man wrote:

Also Blizzard have stated that the Barbarian is the only class who will return, at least until an expansion is released.

The next (and final) class will be a ranged weapon user, I mean we have the heavy melee, light melee, attack mage, and support mage, a ranged focused class is all that's left.
Makes sense.  What about summoning, though?  That was a pretty major skill branch in D2.  I know one of the announced classes might already have that ability, but I sure hope it doesn't get left out of this game.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6486

sexecuti0ner wrote:

War Man wrote:

Makes sense.  What about summoning, though?  That was a pretty major skill branch in D2.  I know one of the announced classes might already have that ability, but I sure hope it doesn't get left out of this game.
Witch Doctor has summoning, and summoning is something that falls under the "support mage" role.

I also forgot to include healer, but the Monk is both a healer and light melee.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6249

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Witch Doctor has summoning, and summoning is something that falls under the "support mage" role.

I also forgot to include healer, but the Monk is both a healer and light melee.
I actually had to go watch that video on youtube of the Witch Doctor gameplay before I believed you.  I was wondering how I could be dumb enough to forget this when I realized that those old gameplay videos came out over a year ago now.  Hopefully the Witch Doctor will be able to get a huge army.  My old necro could gather pretty big numbers. 

But back to the next class, what kind of ranged weapons do you think they will have?  I kind of want something different than bows, javelins, and single-hand throwing weapons, but I can't really think of what else they could do.  I would guess that firearms are out of the question, aren't they?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6731|Purplicious Wisconsin
Then it must be the Ranger they will add if they must have a ranged class.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6383|California
umm sir, their adding king leonidas duhh, didn't you see his epic spear throw in the movie? hes obviously, and clearly the final character for diablo 3.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard