Poll

ACOG vs RDS

Acog25%25% - 22
Rds74%74% - 64
Total: 86
wongydude
+7|5986
Well I'm trying to get my headshot challenges done, and I personally find it a bitch to do, advice please?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Depends on the map really.

ACOG = Big Maps/Medium
RDS = Small Maps

I'd say use the ACOG more, once you get used to it, it's easier to get the headshots. Headshots are more or less luck anyway.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK
ACOG tbh.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5998|Belgium
I'm a bit of the spray and pray type of player and I with acog I experience more headshots
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Use the red dot scope with dead silence and uav jammer. Get behind enemy lines, sneak up to some snipers and you won't miss.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
Depends what its one, ACOG if its a bolt action SR, RDS on anything else
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
When i was going for every golden gun, i found headshots pretty hard to land with SMG's for example.

Acog solves this, for the X360 version at least, the bullets go where the marker is, so you can do it more effectively at range.

On the other hand, just train to aim at the head instantly no matter what range, and the HS's come fast.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6647|Malibu
I think this is just a matter of personal preference. Also, I have had mixed experience with using either RDS or ACOG on different types of guns.

I personally tend to not use ACOG on guns that does not have rifle drift (sway) since adding ACOG adds the drift (e.g. M16, G3, M14...).
Cyberwolf2006
+1|6571
I say RDS. It's personal preference really. I've gotten excellent at it whether it be short or long range. I find the ACOG too annoying for CQB type style combat.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6302

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6263
Ironsights all the way.
wongydude
+7|5986
Whilst we're at it, can someone recommend a good combination of perks for the MP44? Don't say bandolier, because I always die before my ammo runs out
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

RDS+Good Eyes for distance = win. 

ACOG fks up your accuracy which is just plain dumb on a scope.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS
Yeah I would say the ACOG if you could hold your breath, but I don't want a swaying scope I cant fix, so I vote RDS. You also must tell us the weapon your using.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England
I find the RDS even better at long range than the ACOG.

M14 plus RDS ... headshot city.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Shakez
+39|6172

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

I agree with Griffen
Brasso
+1,549|6632

RDS, when I use the ACOG nothing ever seems to hit what I'm actually aiming at.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya
For me it depends on the gun.... some guns are useless with ACOG therefore they need RDS (or just iron sights) ....

imo G3 with ACOG is headshot goldmine
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

For me it depends on the gun.... some guns are useless with ACOG therefore they need RDS (or just iron sights) ....

imo G3 with ACOG is headshot goldmine
G3 with silencer, UAV jammer, Dead silence, Bomb squad, and DE as secondary is ideal kit for hardcore hardcore
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
RDS, even end to end on crossfire, it's more accurate

G36C may be better with the ACOG though
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

I've been using the ACOG on my M16 lately and found it to be a really good accessory when it comes to long distance headshots.
I have to pull out my M4 with the RDS though when I'm running in buildings because the ACOG is terrible for seeing things close up and around you.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-06-30 08:42:39)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
Times have changed since I last played ... everyone was bitching about ACOG saying only n00bs use it
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
just go to a 40 man free for all server, headshots are easy there.
n0sX
+71|6456
Wow, neither both are shit. Defualt ftw.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6238|Uk
ironsights on everything except the m14, then acog, dunno why but it works with that

elsewhere they are crap

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard