More pics of the interior!
Wallpaper
+303|6149|The pool
get a license plate for the Vantage that has BF2S in it and post pics

gogogogo
SealXo
+309|6691
if you have to ask you cant afford

spotted a turbo todya, a ferrari california black, a few testerosas and a handful of bents
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6136|Toronto
ferrari 328 gts, pic didn't turn out well.
Bentley Arnage T
2 Audi R8 V10s
five or six Masers
Gallardo Superleggera ()
a number of other little porsche turbos and assorted AMGs

I think I'll go to Rosedale more often...
I like pie.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

SealXo wrote:

spotted a turbo todya, a ferrari california black, a few testerosas and a handful of bents
err that or you're just curious and looking for some reference

bit of a twattish thing to say
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6285|Carnoustie MASSIF

Uzique wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Seal thinks that because his Dad owns a Merc, he's on the same level as Justice who almost owns an AM, therefore feels the need to give us a reason why Justice doesn't want to tell us how much it cost, or how much the insurance is, whilst making us all feel little and inadequate.
SamBo
Blackburn Rovers Fan
+102|5478|Stoke, England
shit man, where do you work? lol

^justice

Last edited by SamBo (2009-11-29 18:18:01)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Seal thinks that because his Dad owns a Merc, he's on the same level as Justice who almost owns an AM, therefore feels the need to give us a reason why Justice doesn't want to tell us how much it cost, or how much the insurance is, whilst making us all feel little and inadequate.
i dont really feel inadequate because someone my-age tells me i cant personally afford an aston martin

i doubt he has any more personal wealth to speak of than i, let alone in a self-accrued way

you're basically right, it is just being a pompous prick, nothing else

the AM is a nice car but im not jealous when he doesnt have a house or long-term property held down yet... his priorities are different to mine, if i had £50-100k capital i'd invest it in property before boy-toys.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6897|London

True, but I do hate it when people ask me how much I paid for things.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
SamBo
Blackburn Rovers Fan
+102|5478|Stoke, England
You're a rich prick though Dauntless
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
why do people hate it when they're asked? if you have any humility then you shouldn't really have a problem. it's not as if you should ever feel ashamed for how much you paid for something... there's no logic behind that, not at all- if you committed to the purchase then you're obviously happy with the transaction. the only cases in which you should feel annoyed by people asking you how much you paid for something is if you're trying to feign modesty in a pretentious, shitty way, or if you got something dirt-cheap and you've got too much of an ego to admit it. i always find the logic behind 'money=private' to be pretty ridiculous... especially when it comes to things like luxury goods and flashy brands. you can hardly be a humble person if you're willing to shell out high-prices for inflated prestige-products anyway, it's just a bit hypocritical.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6727

and most of all the price is on a website which doesn't take a doctor to find lol
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6521|California

Toilet Sex wrote:

and most of all the price is on a website which doesn't take a doctor to find lol
i want you to take pix of your cars, if i recall i REMEMBER YOU SITTING IN A LAMBO!! /jizz
SealXo
+309|6691
its just a rude thing to ask. you shouldnt ask what something like a car ever costs. if you really want to know- looks it up on kelley blue book or something. and btw that amg lease is up in about a week so ha!

trust me, it just pisses car guys off. my grandpa has a few classics and he an his car club guys never bring up costs for the car itsself- only individual parts and shit like that. frankly, when i got my car, and my friends that weren't my close friends asked me what I paid for it- It really just made me feel uncomfortable. I mean, a lot of guys have no problem saying it that have high end flashy ferraris and shit- but most car guys just feel awkward when saying "oh yeah it was only about "110,000" because then it makes me feel like I'm above them or something since i can afford what they think is a life savings on a car. I don't want to feel above them I prefer to stay on the same level as friends.

Last edited by SealXo (2009-11-29 18:33:55)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6787

SealXo wrote:

its just a rude thing to ask. you shouldnt ask what something like a car ever costs. if you really want to know- looks it up on kelley blue book or something. and btw that amg lease is up in about a week so ha!

trust me, it just pisses car guys off. my grandpa has a few classics and he an his car club guys never bring up costs for the car itsself- only individual parts and shit like that. frankly, when i got my car, and my friends that weren't my close friends asked me what I paid for it- It really just made me feel uncomfortable.
shut up

this is the internet
CammRobb
Banned

SealXo wrote:

trust me, it just pisses car guys off. my grandpa has a few classics and he an his car club guys never bring up costs for the car itsself- only individual parts and shit like that. frankly, when i got my car, and my friends that weren't my close friends asked me what I paid for it- It really just made me feel uncomfortable. I mean, a lot of guys have no problem saying it that have high end flashy ferraris and shit- but most car guys just feel awkward when saying "oh yeah it was only about "110,000"
Ffs, just shut up. Jesus. One-upmanship or what? You feel uncomfortable about what you paid for the car? Like it's gonna make your friends feel poor and worthless and they should kiss the ground before you? You really are a stuck up cunt.

Fuck.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

SealXo wrote:

trust me, it just pisses car guys off. my grandpa has a few classics and he an his car club guys never bring up costs for the car itsself- only individual parts and shit like that. frankly, when i got my car, and my friends that weren't my close friends asked me what I paid for it- It really just made me feel uncomfortable. I mean, a lot of guys have no problem saying it that have high end flashy ferraris and shit- but most car guys just feel awkward when saying "oh yeah it was only about "110,000"
oh fuck off

werent you one of the guys asking how much the lambo cost when my dad got one? did i hesitate for a second or make a big deal out of it?

no shit people dont discuss the contractual details or the financial hooplah about cars in a car enthusiasts club. they're there to enjoy cars for the thrill of the drive, for the appreciation of the machines, not to sit around a table in pinstriped suits and compare receipts. ridiculous example and your feigned attitude is a fucking annoyance... you're not the one buying your parents cars, maybe not even the one buying your OWN car, so quit it with this "it just bothers me when people ask me how much it cost 'me' [questionable]" crap.

anyway lets just get back to the cars because clearly there's an irreconcilable gap between people that post here to appreciate beautiful cars and people that just post here as a penis-boosting method of showing off their (parent/families) wealth in some thinly-veiled bragging contest.
SealXo
+309|6691

CammRobb wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Ffs, just shut up. Jesus. One-upmanship or what? You feel uncomfortable about what you paid for the car? Like it's gonna make your friends feel poor and worthless and they should kiss the ground before you? You really are a stuck up cunt.

Fuck.
not necessarily, but something like that.

Who said I drive an expensive car anyways? Its just an example of something you don't do.
"Nice rolex, how much did you pay?" its just a childish question.
SealXo
+309|6691
no i dont believe i asked you what a lambo costs. maybe I asked about tax since its in europe and i dont know tax rates there. but i sure as hell know what a lambo costs without asking.
CammRobb
Banned

SealXo wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Fuck.
not necessarily, but something like that.

Who said I drive an expensive car anyways? Its just an example of something you don't do.
"Nice rolex, how much did you pay?" its just a childish question.
Oh for God's sake.

"when i got my car, and my friends that weren't my close friends asked me what I paid for it- It really just made me feel uncomfortable"

Why? What's wrong with that if it's not an expensive car? Why did you feel you couldn't tell them how much you paid for it when they asked? You wanted to spare them the embarrassment of you waving your bigger bank balance in their faces? They asked for a reason, not because they care that you have more money than them, but because they want to know.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6727

if people ask how much a Lambo/Ferrari/etc is out of curiosity then they probably rarely if ever see them. you can't be embarrassed about answering how much a car like that costs, it's quite obvious it isn't a 12k car you got down to 10k through the scrappage scheme. you'll look worse refusing to answer.

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

i want you to take pix of your cars, if i recall i REMEMBER YOU SITTING IN A LAMBO!! /jizz
i'll PM you instead since this thread is derailed enough.
SealXo
+309|6691

CammRobb wrote:

Why?
oh hey nice house, how much did you pay for it? how much do you make at your job? whats your credit score? how much was your car? nice watch, how much did you pay for that?
What's wrong with that if it's not an expensive car?
nicer than their civics with 100k miles, i have some friends with NO money at all who ride the bus and some who drive M6's. I dont ask how much debt their parents are in or what their mortgage payment it. I mean, i just want to know right?
Why did you feel you couldn't tell them how much you paid for it when they asked?
none of their business what I personally paid
You wanted to spare them the embarrassment of you waving your bigger bank balance in their faces?
no its just rude

Last edited by SealXo (2009-11-29 18:48:00)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

Uzique wrote:

you can hardly be a humble person if you're willing to shell out high-prices for inflated prestige-products anyway, it's just a bit hypocritical.
it doesnt make you feel uncomfortable when you have friends in your expensive car, just like it's hypocritical to feel embarassed when someone asks you how much the rolex costs that you're flaunting around on your wrist whenever you leave the house... half of the motivations and incentives for buying that product, in a consumerist sense, are because of the connotations of luxury and the suggestions of wealth. beyond the basic level of utility and use, every single brand-product basically in existence is a STATEMENT of wealth and power just as much as a device with a purpose. that twinging feeling of uncomfortability you get when your friends sit in your flashy car isn't annoyance, it's your conscience reminding you what a prick you are because of your subliminal better-than-thou complex. freudian fact. dont argue!
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6897|London

Uzique wrote:

anyway lets just get back to the cars because clearly there's an irreconcilable gap between people that post here to appreciate beautiful cars and people that just post here as a penis-boosting method of showing off their (parent/families) wealth in some thinly-veiled bragging contest.
is that directed at me?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6652

2003 Sport package, 99,380 miles, paid off two years ago.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/burnzz/IMG_1585.JPG

this thread is ½ retarded.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard