i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

well my dad has a brain tumor along with kidney problems. he has already had 2 surgeries on his brain and a few different chemo/radiation treatments, but the cancer is still present and growing. his kidneys are only functioning at 15% as of about a week ago. as of now, the bad kidneys are going to be what does him in. he could go through dialysis, but then the cancer would kill him shortly thereafter. he could go through more chemo/radiation shit, but the doctors say that will only prolong his life by a short amount. he decided to not do anymore treatments and just to live the rest of his life on his own power. either way he is not really living imo. he lays around all day and sleeps; he has little to no energy; he doesn't eat or drink unless someone puts it in front of his face. and if he were doing any of those treatments, it would be much worse. i like to think of myself as a pretty mentally-tough person, but it's really fucking hard to watch him just sit there and sleep all day--knowing that his time is up soon. i hate to say that i wish death upon him, but he is not living in the sense that a normal person would, and i feel that it would be better for everyone if he went ahead and passed on.

thoughts?

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-06-22 13:01:34)

CC-Marley
+407|6830
Sorry man. Life can kick you in the nuts. Be strong and celebrate his life.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
There are much worse things in life than death. At that point, I don't think you should feel bad for wishing it was over.

Make the most of the time you have with him.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

At least you have time to say goodbye.
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

My grandma had a brain tumor and passed away about 6 years ago. Brain cancer can be really aggressive, but what you are describing sounds really sad. Death can come upon anyone suddenly, and if people don't die right away it can seem like they are better dead and at rest than in their current state. All I can say is make the best of these hard times and God bless.
i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

jsnipy wrote:

At least you have time to say goodbye.
and i am very thankful for that. my friend's dad got killed on a motorcycle last year. it was really hard for him.
SealXo
+309|6537
Spend as much time as possible with him, youll regret you didnt spend enough later.
also, be strong brother

Last edited by SealXo (2008-06-22 13:26:30)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Jeez, ig...sorry to hear man. Really sucks. I know this sounds kinda cliche, but just remember that if he passes, he'll be better off than when he was suffering here on earth. Spend some time with him in the hospital...as much as you can. You won't regret spending the time with him in the future and he'll pass on as a happy man.

I almost lost my dad last September and I'm more than grateful every day that I didn't.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6345|tropical regions of london
this is sad IG.

Always charlie mike
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

well my dad has a brain tumor along with kidney problems. he has already had 2 surgeries on his brain and a few different chemo/radiation treatments, but the cancer is still present and growing. his kidneys are only functioning at 15% as of about a week ago. as of now, the bad kidneys are going to be what does him in. he could go through dialysis, but then the cancer would kill him shortly thereafter. he could go through more chemo/radiation shit, but the doctors say that will only prolong his life by a short amount. he decided to not do anymore treatments and just to live the rest of his life on his own power. either way he is not really living imo. he lays around all day and sleeps; he has little to no energy; he doesn't eat or drink unless someone puts it in front of his face. and if he were doing any of those treatments, it would be much worse. i like to think of myself as a pretty mentally-tough person, but it's really fucking hard to watch him just sit there and sleep all day--knowing that his time is up soon. i hate to say that i wish death upon him, but he is not living in the sense that a normal person would, and i feel that it would be better for everyone if he went ahead and passed on.

thoughts?
damn, did he live a long life at least?
BVC
+325|6697
Sorry to hear, losing someone close is never easy.  But as jsnipy says, at least you have time to say goodbye.
i g
Banned
+876|5866|GA

he's not in the hospital poseidon. i moved back to his house and am staying with him/taking care of him.

roc - he's 56
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

he's not in the hospital poseidon. i moved back to his house and am staying with him/taking care of him.

roc - he's 56
Ah. That's probably the best idea tbh. Better to pass in the comfort of somewhere you've grown to know and love than in a hospital room.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6778
Sorry to hear that IG, just be there for him
Vax
+42|5854|Flyover country
Sucks 
I've sorta been there, my grandad had a stroke, when he was 80 or so, lived to be 86. He was never the same after the stroke, had trouble remembering close family members, was always just out of it. This was a guy who was a WW2 vet, was involved in D day, a tough self reliant guy reduced to helpless status. Hell of a thing.
Jrdeacs
+22|5901
Sorry mate. Like everyone else said be strong celebrate his life and spend time with him
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6359|CA, USA
my prayers are out to you and your dad.  sorry bro
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida
Oh god. Im really sorry, Someday im going to lose my pop, and its gunna be the worst day of my life...
15 more years! 15 more years!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
It's rough. I was there August of last year.
I was with him when he died.

Try and make sure that you are holding his hand as he goes. Promise to meet him on the other side.
Even if you are not sure there is one.
This is the best gift you can give a dying man.
jamiecracker
+17|6749|Wollongong,Australia
that sucks mate sorry to hear this
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA
like others said, at least you have time to say goodbye. that way, when it finally happens, it won't seem so real, if that makes sense. it will feel like he's just gone on vacation or something.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Shitty.  I watched one of my best friends moms die basically the same way.  It was insanely tough for me, I can't imagine how fucking hard it is for you.

Make sure you tell him everything you want to, so you don't beat yourself up afterwards.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country
I lost my little Brother a couple of years ago in a car accident and would give anything to have been able to say good bye. 

Spend the time you have with your Dad wisely, keep strong and make sure you look after yourself as well.

Good luck mate.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

sorry to hear about that bro ........ enjoy what time you've got left, drink a beer with him or drink a beer while listening to him

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

There are much worse things in life than death. At that point, I don't think you should feel bad for wishing it was over.

Make the most of the time you have with him.
yeah good advice make the most of the time while he is still here on Earth talk to him tell him that he is the best that u ever had, at least make him feel good before he passes away. Life can be a bitch, not easy, also try taking him places so he is not in the house, yeah its better that he is not on the kimo therapy since kimo therapy is awful it makes it ten times worst. At least he made a good decision. Wish him the best of luck man. Hope he gets better, sorry to hear that about ur dad IG

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard