usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio
It is no secret I did not like him at all while he was in office.  Nor do i like the people who think he was "an awesome" president.

Oh, and a simple quote ignored by clinton fanbois...

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons." - During an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live" July 22, 2003

-------------------------

An excerpt from “Dereliction of Duty: The Eyewitness Account of How Bill Clinton Compromised America's National Security.”

"Berger ambled down the stairwell and entered the Sit Room. He picked up the phone at one of the busy controller consoles and called the president. Amazingly, President Clinton was not available. Berger tried again and again. Bin Laden was within striking distance. The window of opportunity was closing fast. The plan of attack was set and the Tomahawk crews were ready. For about an hour Berger couldn’t get the commander in chief on the line. Though the president was always accompanied by military aides and the Secret Service, he was somehow unavailable. Berger stalked the Sit Room, anxious and impatient."

"This lost bin Laden hit typified the Clinton administration’s ambivalent, indecisive way of dealing with terrorism. Ideologically, the Clinton administration was committed to the idea that most terrorists were misunderstood, had legitimate grievances, and could be appeased, which is why such military action as the administration authorized was so halfhearted, and ineffective, and designed more for “show” than for honestly eliminating a threat."

"in November 1996, bin Laden confessed in an interview with the London-based Al-Quds Al-Arabi newspaper to his role in the heavy losses suffered by U.S.  troops in Somalia. “The only non-Somali group which fought the Americans are the Arab Mujahedeen who were in Afghanistan,” he said. “There were successful battles in which we inflicted heavy losses against the Americans. We used to hunt them in Mogadishu.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dy … Found=true
"Between 1998 and 2000, the CIA and President Bill Clinton's national security team were caught up in paralyzing policy disputes as they secretly debated the legal permissions for covert operations against Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan."

"Berger later recalled his frustration about this hidden debate. Referring to the military option in the two-track policy, he said at a 2002 congressional hearing: "It was no question, the cruise missiles were not trying to capture him. They were not law enforcement techniques."

"In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more the very kind of threat Iraq poses now -- a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction ready to use them or provide them to terrorists, drug traffickers or organized criminals who travel the world among us unnoticed.

"If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow by the knowledge that they can act with impunity, even in the face of a clear message from the United Nations Security Council and clear evidence of a weapons of mass destruction program." - Address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff February 17, 1998

"We must exercise responsibility not just at home, but around the world.  On the eve of a new century, we have the power and the duty to build a new era of peace and security.

We must combat an unholy axis of new threats from terrorists, international criminals, and drug traffickers.  These 21st century predators feed on technology and the free flow of information... And they will be all the more lethal if weapons of mass destruction fall into their hands.

Together, we must confront the new hazards of chemical and biological weapons and the outlaw states, terrorists, and organized criminals seeking to acquire them.  Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
- State of the Union address January 27, 1998

"The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world.

The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government -- a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people."
- Oval Office Address to the American People December 16, 1998

"His administration has acted as if the end of the Cold War gave them carte blanche license to open the commercial and technology floodgates to countries like China...simply because it was good for business, or good for getting campaign contributions, or good for other domestic political reasons."
http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/ … ewsID=1229

"We know that Chinese officials chose to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in the 1996 re-election of the Clinton administration."
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/05/ … ton.china/

"In 1996, the Administration transferred the licensing authority for exporting satellite technology from the State Department, which had opposed giving new technology to China, to the Commerce Department, which immediately approved the transfer. Given the green light by the Commerce Department, Loral Corporation provided China with missile technology to improve its satellite launch and guidance systems. This same technology can be used to improve the performance of missiles aimed at the United States. Loral is headed by Bernard Schwartz, one of the largest Democratic donors in the '96 election cycle."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/co … ncjf23.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/libra … 8-prc3.htm
Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
then don't vote for him.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio

Reciprocity wrote:

then don't vote for him.
shut it
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
i dont care what baloney he spouted or how time some young girl sucked his dick, no one will beat the loser currently sat in the oval office right this minute.

Fockus your energy on that tard and not some has been.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
I thought you didn't vote.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio

Masques wrote:

I thought you didn't vote.
I have not yet voted for a president.  Local and state yes.

But I will always be amazed why people give bubba a free pass.  It annoys me.  Hence the thread.
Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
All president's get a free pass for their stupid shit.  or they get a bullet in their fucking brain.

If Clinton had acted on Hussein and put us into the same meat grinder as Bush did, you don't think the Republican congress would have gone apeshit?
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio

Reciprocity wrote:

All president's get a free pass for their stupid shit.  or they get a bullet in their fucking brain.

If Clinton had acted on Hussein and put us into the same meat grinder as Bush did, you don't think the Republican congress would have gone apeshit?
I am sure the repubs would have gone apeshit, just like WWII.  But he had a chance to deal with Iraq or bin laden, and did neither.  But he did help China.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England
Monica Lewinsky also sucked.

Badum Ching!
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

Oh no, Clinton helped China. A country that had never threatened us. A country that we've been treating as an ally for decades. A country that had already been given almost all of our manufacturing. A country who's been lending us money hand over foot. That's so much worse than supplying weapons, training and money to Saddam Hussein, the Saudis (meaning the people who carried out 9/11), and the people who would become the Taliban.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5975|Perth, indian ocean

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Monica Lewinsky also sucked.

Badum Ching!
Oh Ohhhhhhhhh
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio

chittydog wrote:

Oh no, Clinton helped China. A country that had never threatened us. A country that we've been treating as an ally for decades. A country that had already been given almost all of our manufacturing. A country who's been lending us money hand over foot. That's so much worse than supplying weapons, training and money to Saddam Hussein, the Saudis (meaning the people who carried out 9/11), and the people who would become the Taliban.
If you think bill's lack of action and response to all those attacks are trivial, then I feel sorry for you.
chittydog
less busy

Did I mention Iraq or Bin Laden at all? We'd be better off if he had taken him out when he had the chance. I was only commenting on the parts about China.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio

chittydog wrote:

Did I mention Iraq or Bin Laden at all? We'd be better off if he had taken him out when he had the chance. I was only commenting on the parts about China.
well I think you can trade with someone without helping them produce nukes.  After all, he was such an awesome president.
chittydog
less busy

usmarine2 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

well I think you can trade with someone without helping them produce nukes.  After all, he was such an awesome president.
Yes and yes.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6348|CA, USA
i took a look at http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1260793/posts and how Bill streamlined our military (decimated is better word).  True, the 800 pound gorilla (USSR) was no longer, so perhaps that was what partially motivated him.  But, we are paying the price now for this since we had to again ramp up the military.

secondly, the comments about Kerry in the above link are interesting.  If Dems want to pursue the law and order style of dealing with our enemies rather than militarily as the Bush doctrine subscribes, then why did Kerry support all the funding cuts to those law and intelligence gathering forces (FBI, CIA)? 

to me, it's like we have two main weapons to fight terrorist - our brave military and our intelligence gathering folks.  Seems like these people chose to de-fund both and hang us out to dry.  If we come up with another effective way of dealing with terrorism, it wouldn't surprise me if Kerry would vote against it.  it's like he wants us to lose.

If not for military solution, then at least support our abilities to gather intelligence to prosecute our enemies.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina
We're paying the price alright.  We're paying it through privatizing an unnecessary occupation.  I can't see how that's Clinton's fault though.

There's a lot of bitching on this forum about Clinton's trimming of the military, and most of it is from conservatives.  It's funny how conservatives talk about standing for smaller government but stop short of the military.

The point is...  the Cold War is over.  We still spend 10 times more on the military than China does, and they're the distant second place military spender of the world.

Clinton had plenty of problems, like his latent lust for invading Iraq (quickly following his lust for interns).  But to criticize Clinton for decreasing the size of the military is like criticizing Bush for cutting taxes and actually raising tax revenue as a result.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command

m3thod wrote:

i dont care what baloney he spouted or how time some young girl sucked his dick, no one will beat the loser currently sat in the oval office right this minute.

No, it's important for people to hear the rational arguments of why he sucked in the face of a media onslaught of Clinton nostalgia.

I agree with all the things pertaining to Chine.
On the face of it, especially the quotes regarding Iraq, sound just like Bush rhetoric.

The thing about Democrats is that there all for international law and order via the U.N., but when it comes time to put metal to flesh it's only alright if their guys are calling the shots.

Their behavior and tactics have been despicable throughout the entire length of the war.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6457|Melbourne - Home of Football
Yeah, hindsight is a beautiful thing.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6518|Milkystania, yurop
Bill Clinton did not suck, he got sucked there is a big difference.

The moar you know!
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone

Magpie wrote:

Bill Clinton did not suck, he got sucked there is a big difference.

The moar you know!
Tru dat. He should be making movies.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

usmarine2 wrote:

Why Bill Clinton Sucked
I think it was the other way around...at least for the interns.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Why Bill Clinton Sucked
Awesome joke, never heard it before.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

The Sheriff wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Why Bill Clinton Sucked
Awesome joke, never heard it before.
Believe me, it's never going to get old when the subject of Clinton bores its way to the surface.

And I mean bore.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio

ATG wrote:

m3thod wrote:

No, it's important for people to hear the rational arguments of why he sucked in the face of a media onslaught of Clinton nostalgia.

I agree with all the things pertaining to Chine.
On the face of it, especially the quotes regarding Iraq, sound just like Bush rhetoric.

The thing about Democrats is that there all for international law and order via the U.N., but when it comes time to put metal to flesh it's only alright if their guys are calling the shots.

Their behavior and tactics have been despicable throughout the entire length of the war.
Well said.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard