GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6383

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I just wanted to say btw, i'm going to be a bit scepticle about this.

The 1.5 patch for 2142 was nothing more than 2 maps and a pod movement change. No bug fixes and no balance fixes.

I won't be suprised if the Bf2 one is the same.
yeah, something like that poped in my mind while reading your post, al we can do now is hope!
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6422|Somersetshire

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I just wanted to say btw, i'm going to be a bit scepticle about this.

The 1.5 patch for 2142 was nothing more than 2 maps and a pod movement change. No bug fixes and no balance fixes.

I won't be suprised if the Bf2 one is the same.
yeah, something like that poped in my mind while reading your post, al we can do now is hope!
apart from level in-balance on some maps which I believe can't be helped without changing th map or making the other team more favourable by adding and extra walker or something, the game is already very balanced
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6782|Tenn
all they need to do is fix whatever causes the servers to be emptied.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6605|Reisterstown, MD

I don't understand the rational behind making a patch for a three year old game.  I know I will download and play it but this goes against what big corporations stand for....which is all about making money.  This confuses me. 
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6422|Somersetshire

killer21 wrote:

I don't understand the rational behind making a patch for a three year old game.  I know I will download and play it but this goes against what big corporations stand for....which is all about making money.  This confuses me. 
maybe, just maybe, EA and Dice......wait for it.......maybe they care..
aimless
+166|6139|Texas

Tehremos wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Like a publicity stunt.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6395|the land of bourbon

aimless wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Like a publicity stunt.
they still get their money from the monthly ranked server fees.  and as long as its a cash cow, they should keep milking it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
l41e
+677|6662

Mod:  Inappropriate flame removed.

I was going to make a sarcastic whining post about how the new patch sucks balls and I'm going to boycott DICE/EA/the Russian government/string theory, but it seems I've been beaten to it several times in this thread alone. Except for the sarcastic part.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2008-06-23 16:56:47)

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6760|Mexico City

Tehremos wrote:

killer21 wrote:

LMAO, that made me laugh, they care !!!!, 1.5 years later, they remembered us and decided to give us a candy, great !!! (wait, they havent yet !!!)

right now theyre into Bad Company and maybe this decade BF Heroes. If we are lucky, we will be able to see BF3 before we die of old age (or chemical warfare)

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2008-06-23 18:04:43)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6146|Scotland!

killer21 wrote:

Maybe there's no bf3 and this is how they're gonna break the news.

"there's no bf3 guys BUT HEY LOOK A PLA URBAN MAP"
velocitychaos
+26|6510|Brisbane Australia
Well, here's the news...just as i suspected http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6169|Vancouver, BC, Canada

velocitychaos wrote:

Well, here's the news...just as i suspected http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/
What news?

All that has is links to what we already know.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6422|Somersetshire

I'm Jamesey wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Maybe there's no bf3 and this is how they're gonna break the news.

"there's no bf3 guys BUT HEY LOOK A PLA URBAN MAP"
lol i would be happy with that news, no way could my computer play bf3
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6383
Bf3+Same Builded as bf2(loads of bugs,instable things)+Frostbite engine+Military Supercomputer to play on it= would still be CRASH!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6572|Hungary

TheTrueQuaid wrote:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278 … lulz-2.png

Kudos to venom6 for the awsm pic.

Whatever it is I hope it contains at least 2 of the above things mentioned....

PS BRING BACK THE BLACKHAWK PLZ
Ohhh thank you

aj0404 wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

Free EF and AF?  Why?  Then what about the people who already bought them in the past?
it was only $10,not like we went broke because of it.i could care less if everyone else gets it free as long as there are actually some servers to play on.
For me the expansion was 25 $ and so i payed 50 $ for both. Nice!
Nintendogamer
+72|6601|Chelmsford, UK
give the blackhawk rocketpods like it was going to have, the blackhawk is useless if it meets an attack chopper..
Sambuccashake
+126|6624|Sweden
^
It should be useless but I know what you mean.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6422|Somersetshire
the blackhawk isn't completely useless in real life, the mini guns would rip an attack chopper to shreds as long as the blackhawk somehow managed to surprise the chopper from behind

make the guns do more damage but have quite a small splash radius
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6667|pimelteror.de
I wonder, if players would return to bf2, when all the points on the wishlist would come true...
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6383
cod4 would run empty
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6336|Orrstrayleea
I want 3 things fixed.

-G36e
-Random Hitreg, especially with the SVD at close range
-Random CTD's

A new map would be nice
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6422|Somersetshire

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

I want 3 things fixed.

-G36e
-Random Hitreg, especially with the SVD at close range
-Random CTD's

A new map would be nice
do you mean fixed as people "fix" their dogs
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6258|TEXAS
Yeah the blackhawk gun could be like the apache gun. That would be perfect.

Last edited by eaglecorps (2008-06-24 05:30:59)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6338|Graz, Austria
I want that they:

--add mousewheel scrolling in the server browser
--fix the ribbon bug in BFHQ
--fix the infinite looping weapon sound bug
--fix the private bug
--fix the various bugs on the commander screen

--disable redlining (all passengers should get punished and eventually die)
--disable seat switching to and from driver/pilot seat (except if standing still on the ground in ANY vehicles)
--add the ability to disarm claymores and C4 with the engineer class
--disallow throwing of claymore mines (perhaps you'd have to crouch and look downwards to plant them)
--allow slightly further throwing of C4 (with the disadvantage that they don't stick anymore)
--enable friendly triggering for AT and claymore mines by default
--allow detonation of AT mines, claymores and C4 by ALL explosives (including handgrenades, GL grenades, tank shells, artillery,...) if hit within a certain radius
--increase the Blackhawk minigun damage

--add one (or more) new maps
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6395|the land of bourbon

globefish23 wrote:

--add the ability to disarm claymores with the engineer class
ok i modified the bf2 source code, updated all the servers, and added that ability for you.  wrench a claymore and it will disappear.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard