Scorpian65
+14|6760

FromTheAshes wrote:

If you see a friendly mine blocking the road on your own base, run over it and punish so he wont do it again
Try that bullshit on my server and you'll be gone so fast you wont remember where you were.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6766|St. Paul, MN
! nooooooooo my at mine tactics will go down the hole! what about dropping a mine and setting off w/a frag
Aleso
Slightly Insane
+2|6726
Could be another reason. I've done it myself(Completely on accident). Here is the situation.
Enemy engineer places mines within 10m of each other to block off the road. Engineer dies by my rifle. I see another enemy at the end of the line. I use the GL to blow up the mines and it kills two guys at the end. I don't get the kills, the engineer gets two TKs.  I think that might be the reason for it.
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6720|İstanbul,Türkiye
So we cant leave the base with armors anymore eh? Since noobz put mines all the exits.
Rick_Biessman
+4|6799|Germany

Answeller wrote:

So we cant leave the base with armors anymore eh? Since noobz put mines all the exits.
Its so easy: As said at first: Be engineer when you drive an armored vehicle (or have an engineer as passenger), so you can disarm the mines blocking the route.
Run in and TK (possibly a whole squad) is the worst thing which will surely be the first step on the way for losing the round (or the second if your commander only uses his supply drops to repair arti while his "eyes" are blown up ).

I know, to jump out and disarm is dangerous or will make you lose your precious whoring machine, since there are always stupid team mates who drive alone in enemy territory to cap a flag without inf support (the enemy ambush works in 80% or more, and the tank is lost for nothing)

Sorry for complain, but it was also ontopic

Last edited by Rick_Biessman (2006-01-14 00:59:44)

staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6757|Houston, TX

Landepaukku wrote:

Like how are you supposed to pick up claymores? Do they just make it so that you cant blow it up yourself? Imagine the claymore spamming people can do...
This side towards enemy. Claymores can only be detonated from one direction. The convex side. The concaved side doesn't. Just be thankful there not more realistic. Real claymores have a range near the length of a football field.
72Wolf-
+1|6736

QuackinChicken wrote:

BeforeGod wrote:

This is good news, it makes engineers a bit more important. I've always thought you should get a teamwork point for every enemy mine defused.
This is true however you have to keep a few things in mind. What about the friendly guys who mine my road so i can no longer leave the base with anytype of vehicle? Must I have to beg them over ingame chat to clear their mines from the road? Mines have been and always will be a bad idea. They are unpractical......

lets say you get close enough to a tank to lay mines, you throw em down behind the track. Even then the tank must run directly over the mine with his tread. In the few instances I have come close to doing this the tank has
1) missed the mine or...
2) backs up over my mine killing us both and giving me a -2 for teamwork

Also when I am driving I can't see the x's till I am right ontop of them giving me little time to brake. I feel that mines should be taken out of the game, and they should give the engineer something more effectivve against vehicles.
Historically, mines have not been an offensive weapon, but defensive in nature.  The use of anti-personel mines are used to protect resources or to deny opposing forces the use of real estate.  Anti-vehicle mines also are used to prevent access to intrastate transportation routes, thus limiting the flow of offensive vehicles (tanks, apcs, trucks) and the relocation of supplies.

In BF2 we try to use mines as a offensive weapons, and in this case, we are failing miserably.  Take Karkand for example, how does the US utilize mines effectively?  They dont in the initial play of the round.  The MEC can use them to prevent the inflow of offensive armor.  After the US has taken the cement plant and points in the rear areas, they can then mine the choke points to prevent the MEC from retaking those rearward areas.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6731|th3 unkn0wn

deject wrote:

FromTheAshes wrote:

If you see a friendly mine blocking the road on your own base, run over it and punish so he wont do it again
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.  It's because of people that do this that I typically don't use mines.  True, the Engineer shouldn't have completely blocked off the vehicle, but that doesn't mean you get to be an idiot ant purposely run over it.
No, the REAL retard is the team mate who blocks off ALL exit routes from a base with mines when he should know that team mates want to get out. If he gets a tk punishment then it's bloody justified.
72Wolf-
+1|6736

Rick_Biessman wrote:

I know, to jump out and disarm is dangerous or will make you lose your precious whoring machine, since there are always stupid team mates who drive alone in enemy territory to cap a flag without inf support (the enemy ambush works in 80% or more, and the tank is lost for nothing)
To add one, you make a very good point.  Armor  is not designed to work alone.  While there are exceptions, they are most often part of a mechanized division with support infantry.   A few nights ago, I had an opportunity to lead a great squad (joeindahouse, tiadragemini, metti1982, brutus7284, and misc others I don't remember) in Karkand. 

We didn't start out as an armor group, but after the hotel was lost, we spawned back there and took an APC and a Vodnik out the first time.  By the end of the round, we had the tank and both APCs rolling.  We didn't sit at spawn points and camp for kills, simply rolled where the commander told us to go, preventing access to the city.  Our squad ended the round with over 300 points, the USMC ended with 375 total.  How?  Teamwork points.  Capture assists, repairs, resupplies, driver assists.  When we would roll in toward the square, the APCs would empty and watch the rear, keeping ATs from sneaking in from behind.  It was an honor to play with some guys that understood teamplay.

The next round, we let another squad run the armor, and we held the hotel for the entire round.  Heals, resupplies, kill assists.  Was a really good evening.  But if nothing else, it proved to me, that the armor is not designed to be a lone wolf piece of equipment.  It can only be effective with infantry support.

Last edited by 72Wolf- (2006-01-14 10:27:45)

bs6749
+3|6766
I for one am not happy to see this picking up mines and claymores for the most part. The reason being: now there will be ALMOST NO FORGIVES for an accidental TK. The teammate that was TKed will press page down simply because they feel that you should have picked up your claymore/mines and will be less likely to forgive.Wait and see. This will probably be one of the biggest fuckups by EA/DICE that has been seen in awhile.

Secondly, I am wanting to know if enemy snipers will be able to "pickup" the claymores that I have laid down. I'm assuming that they will because engineers are able to pickup enemy mines. Does the same go for C4? If so EA/DICE really need to rethink some shit. Sure they did good in creating a timing device for the GL on this patch but why in the hell did they decrease the blast radius? It's like 4 meters currenty and I don't think that is out of the question for being a reasonable radius. Another problem (fuckup) that they created was the non detonating mines that everyone is talking about. How are friendlies going to get to the top of a building by not being able to use a grenade or GL to detonate the claymore...simple. They will either climb up the ladder to detonate it, punish, and respawn at the neaest place with full health and ammo and climb up to the spot. Or they may simply type in "So and so could you please remove claymore..." but how many snipers are going to see this when there are many enemies around to pick off? They will simply think that you are ignoring them and climb up the ladder, punish, and respawn.

They should have included something in the new patch that gets rid of claymore and mine TK's because not every class will be able to pick them up and they are no longer able to be detonated with a grenade. Be sure that you will see an increase in the number of TK's and punishes after the next patch is released. It is the stupid shit like this that makes me not want to play this game, or any made by EA/DICE. Sure they are doing good in "standing behind their product" as they have claimed by creating fixes, but they very often the WRONG fixes IMHO.
BeforeGod
+0|6837|British Columbia

bs6749 wrote:

I for one am not happy to see this picking up mines and claymores for the most part. The reason being: now there will be ALMOST NO FORGIVES for an accidental TK. The teammate that was TKed will press page down simply because they feel that you should have picked up your claymore/mines and will be less likely to forgive.Wait and see. This will probably be one of the biggest fuckups by EA/DICE that has been seen in awhile.
And you think they forgive now? I spend most of my time as an engineer and I can tell you for a fact it couldn't get much worse.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6768|Somewhere in NYC
Is it true that Mines will have FF off?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6827|Portland, OR, USA

Using mines as C4 rocked.

(Lay mines all over a flag, then chuck gernade at them.)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard