Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland
I don't have audio right now, but they put a thick blanket under his arm so I doubt it did much of anything.  2500lb car on four tires = about 625lbs per tire.  625lb spread out across a tire with of 10 square inches of surface area transferred onto an arm with the pressure then transferred to the blanket.

I wouldn't want to do it, but if everything was flat an the car rolled steadily across I doubt he got a bruise.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6660

belldawg wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

belldawg wrote:

That was fucking horrible.
Cutting off a hand for stealing is bad enough.
But that was monstrous.

^ Pretty much sums up what i feel at the moment.
Because clearly a broken arm which will be fixed in 6 weeks is so much worse than not having an arm at all. Seriously, where the hell do you people get these ideas from?
Your not horrified?
Did you actually read anything I wrote? And your own post for that matter.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5994|Perth, indian ocean

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I don't have audio right now, but they put a thick blanket under his arm so I doubt it did much of anything.  2500lb car on four tires = about 625lbs per tire.  625lb spread out across a tire with of 10 square inches of surface area transferred onto an arm with the pressure then transferred to the blanket.

I wouldn't want to do it, but if everything was flat an the car rolled steadily across I doubt he got a bruise.
Dude he was 8. That shit could scar you for life.
And i don't know for sure, but when people are young their bones are more flexible and so that car could've bent his bone to some degree.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

belldawg wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

And i don't know for sure, but when people are young their bones are more flexible and so that car could've bent his bone to some degree.
In the US the police just come into the classroom and tell you your friends died for no reason at all.  That kid stole bread, he was a bread theif and most likely an infidel.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker

Lotta_Drool wrote:

belldawg wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

In the US the police just come into the classroom and tell you your friends died for no reason at all.  That kid stole bread, he was a bread theif and most likely an infidel.
An 8 year old is hungry, see's some bread, takes it, and gets his arm ran over.
Probably won't steal again. But isn't that punishment just a bit extreme?

Btw i don't agree with the US issue either.

Last edited by belldawg (2008-06-14 07:16:07)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

belldawg wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

belldawg wrote:

Personally I am surprised they didn't strap a bomb to him and send him to Iraq.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker

Lotta_Drool wrote:

belldawg wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Personally I am surprised they didn't strap a bomb to him and send him to Iraq.
As a punishment?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6579|Mountains of NC

wait a tick ........... I've seen that vid before but it was a long time ago and all the way ..... if my memory serves me correctly, he is fine .... something like a miracle kid or something, run a car over him and he is fine
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker

SEREMAKER wrote:

wait a tick ........... I've seen that vid before but it was a long time ago and all the way ..... if my memory serves me correctly, he is fine .... something like a miracle kid or something, run a car over him and he is fine
Well thats good.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

Yeah it would have been better for that kid if you had gone "ahead and turn the Middle East into glass." Then he would just be dead.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

JahManRed wrote:

Yeah it would have been better for that kid if you had gone "ahead and turn the Middle East into glass." Then he would just be dead.
Can we settle for not allowing these madmen nuclear bombs?
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6733|Eastern PA
It's just as horrific as throwing a teenager in prison for drugs where the same or worse will happen to them.

Barbaric in both cases.
The#1Spot
+105|6550|byah
Well its better than getting your hand cut off for stealing.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

ATG wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Yeah sure, id be happy if no one had them in the middle east.
The "turn middle east into a glass bowl" comment reminds me of that Australian interviewer who asked Americans loaded questions like "were is the middle east?" and they point at Australia. The same small minority of Idiots he interviewed also repeated the glass bowl Fraze. And your not in that Minority, so don't make yourself sound like you are.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6416|North Carolina

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

A quick look at a history book says no.
the middle east was a center of academia and progressive thinking during the dark ages, even after the advent of Islam, the unrest in the region is (relatively) more recent.
...which is why the problem is social and not religious. The religion has been around a lot longer than the problem.
Actually, in many ways, you could say the problems have been around longer than the religion.  Most of the extreme barbaric practices in the Middle East were around long before Mohammed.  Things like honor killings have been around since ancient times, and they pervaded Middle Eastern culture even during their age of scholarship.

What makes the current situation different is that Islam had been moving in a mostly moderate direction up until around the late 1800s, when the British occupation of Palestine started creating tensions through Jewish settlement.  After the West supported a few fanatical groups against the Soviets, we eventually ended up with our currrent mess.

So, to an extent, you could actually blame interventionism for these atrocities by helping to empower fanatics and creating environments perfect for terror to flourish.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

the middle east was a center of academia and progressive thinking during the dark ages, even after the advent of Islam, the unrest in the region is (relatively) more recent.
...which is why the problem is social and not religious. The religion has been around a lot longer than the problem.
Actually, in many ways, you could say the problems have been around longer than the religion.  Most of the extreme barbaric practices in the Middle East were around long before Mohammed.  Things like honor killings have been around since ancient times, and they pervaded Middle Eastern culture even during their age of scholarship.

What makes the current situation different is that Islam had been moving in a mostly moderate direction up until around the late 1800s, when the British occupation of Palestine started creating tensions through Jewish settlement.  After the West supported a few fanatical groups against the Soviets, we eventually ended up with our currrent mess.

So, to an extent, you could actually blame interventionism for these atrocities by helping to empower fanatics and creating environments perfect for terror to flourish.
At its birth, Islam served to stop wars and unite the people in the Middle East. We have no reason to believe Islam has ever been, or is a bad thing, perhaps the current position would be even worse if not for a unified religion.
Turquoise
O Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

At its birth, Islam served to stop wars and unite the people in the Middle East. We have no reason to believe Islam has ever been, or is a bad thing, perhaps the current position would be even worse if not for a unified religion.
It's not unified though.  Sunnis and Shiites often hate each other.  Look at Iraq.

Islam did unite people in the beginning, but it was mostly through conquest.  Islam did to the Middle East and parts of Africa and Asia what Catholicism did to Europe and South America -- it killed many local religions.  Mohammed himself was a warlord, so it's only natural that Islamic cultures often have a harsh sense of justice.

Granted, I'm not saying that Islam is all to blame -- it's just that Islam is essentially an accessory to abusive justice.
Flaming_Maniac

Turquoise wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It's not unified though.  Sunnis and Shiites often hate each other.  Look at Iraq.

Islam did unite people in the beginning, but it was mostly through conquest.  Islam did to the Middle East and parts of Africa and Asia what Catholicism did to Europe and South America -- it killed many local religions.  Mohammed himself was a warlord, so it's only natural that Islamic cultures often have a harsh sense of justice.

Granted, I'm not saying that Islam is all to blame -- it's just that Islam is essentially an accessory to abusive justice.
Relatively unified, compared to most other things in the region.

It united through conquest only after it united through faith. Mohammed had to have a strong following of people before he could start beating the shit out of everyone else.

In the west, where many judicial tendencies tend to rise from Christianity, we don't use any sort of biblical punishments. That isn't the way the social system works here, but the religion isn't very different from Islam.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6464|Ontario, Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How can you defend this shit? What is wrong with your mentality to try and justify these horrible actions. Wow drool, go up to that poor kid and tell him that the car isn't heavy on his arm, you fucking amaze me.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Flaming_Maniac

d4rkst4r wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How can you defend this shit? What is wrong with your mentality to try and justify these horrible actions. Wow drool, go up to that poor kid and tell him that the car isn't heavy on his arm, you fucking amaze me.
He did not defend it anywhere. He is just pointing out that as brutal as it looks to us, there was probably no permanent damage, and it was probably as physically harmful to the child as a spanking.

You need to read a little more and swear at people a little less.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

I weep for him and the oppressed.

Oil is priceless.

There is no price to high to pay for the oil.

Even if you dont like it.

Paying the price, that is.
I've amended your original quote to take into account the sad reality of foreign policy.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

JahManRed wrote:

ATG wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Yeah sure, id be happy if no one had them in the middle east.
The "turn middle east into a glass bowl" comment reminds me of that Australian interviewer who asked Americans loaded questions like "were is the middle east?" and they point at Australia. The same small minority of Idiots he interviewed also repeated the glass bowl Fraze. And your not in that Minority, so don't make yourself sound like you are.
Am I not allowed periodic burst of rage?https://i27.tinypic.com/5zm6oj.gif
JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

We all are. That's whats makes us human.
Turquoise
O Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Relatively unified, compared to most other things in the region.

It united through conquest only after it united through faith. Mohammed had to have a strong following of people before he could start beating the shit out of everyone else.

In the west, where many judicial tendencies tend to rise from Christianity, we don't use any sort of biblical punishments. That isn't the way the social system works here, but the religion isn't very different from Islam.
Again, this is a difference in enforcement (and interpretation).  Christianity had a reformation and separation of church and state is a major theme in most of the West.  The unification of religion and state is much of the reason for why the Islamic sense of justice is so brutal.

You are correct that Christianity and Islam are similar though -- at least... God and Allah are very similar.
Flaming_Maniac

Turquoise wrote:

Again, this is a difference in enforcement (and interpretation).  Christianity had a reformation and separation of church and state is a major theme in most of the West.  The unification of religion and state is much of the reason for why the Islamic sense of justice is so brutal.
But the different in enforcement is only because of the social differences. Both religions are basically made for a government to be set up around them, but the social system in the West doesn't allow for that.

Essentially, it could just as easily be Christianity being the "problem" in the ME, and Islam doing just fine in the U.S. People don't seem to have a problem with Christianity.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard