_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD
Before you say anything, I don't wanna hear your shit about "Don't buy it, EA is just trying to get money!".  I don't give a fuck, we all want money, some of us more than others, so fuck off.  Anyway.

Will they sell them on CDs?  The reason I ask this is because it's such a hassle to buy and download things over the internet.  What if it doesn't download properly, you're screwed.

What will the next sniper unlock be and should I take my time trying to get promoted to GySgt so I can check out the new unlock or just blow it off and get the two weapons I was planning to get?
BF2dude
+1|6789
1.) I'm pretty sure that the two booster packs are only avalible for download.

2.) Go here to see the new sniper unlock. Although i'm not sure this may be it.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10263

Last edited by BF2dude (2006-01-12 16:56:10)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

They should be avaliable on CD. If not, they should be free patch like expansions. I don't trust downloady things either so I'm hoping they'll show a bit of common sence and release it on CD.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6742|Australia
No, they are saying that it will not be on cd, download only, i think its just gay
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD
I don't want to blow 10 bucks on a download that's not gonna work.  Oh well, if it gives you more stuff.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

-_{MoW}_-Assasin wrote:

No, they are saying that it will not be on cd, download only, i think its just gay
Yeah, I heard that too, and am as pissed off as you are... probably more so.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD

Tyferra wrote:

They should be avaliable on CD. If not, they should be free patch like expansions. I don't trust downloady things either so I'm hoping they'll show a bit of common sence and release it on CD.
Yes, supposedly v1.2 will be on the CDs and obviously you can download the patch online too like you normally do.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-01-12 19:32:01)

I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6733|Melbourne, Australia
omfg they need to put it on cds everyones bitching about not getting it because its download only.. so der gonna loose alot of buisness
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6769|The Netherlands
The unlocks are the P90 for Anti-Tank and the L96a1 for Sniper
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD
Any news on exactly when this will be out so I can actually start trying to get points toward the next unlocks.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-01-20 08:22:11)

BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6743|Rochester, NY
Here is a suggestion to make EA listen to us about making boosters on CD. Don't buy their boosters and starve their profit. Once they know our motive, they would beg for us to buy their products in anyway, then it would be on CD. There? Simple... And no, this is not about making the boosters free, just to "force" them to put it on CD. IMO they should free from the beginning, but I am not going there.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD
That wouldn't work, too many people are too anxious to get it and don't care how it is downloaded.
EstebanRey
+1|6702
The Booster Packs will not be available on CD.  You will have to download them from EA.  As fdcp said, the sniper unlock is the L96a1 which is the standard issue British sniper rifle in real life.  You can watch a pre-relase of both that and the P90 on this video http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/fil … e_id=98612.

Last edited by EstebanRey (2006-01-20 08:35:26)

EstebanRey
+1|6702

BlackLegion42 wrote:

Here is a suggestion to make EA listen to us about making boosters on CD. Don't buy their boosters and starve their profit. Once they know our motive, they would beg for us to buy their products in anyway, then it would be on CD. There? Simple... And no, this is not about making the boosters free, just to "force" them to put it on CD. IMO they should free from the beginning, but I am not going there.
Mate, did you not read the first part of the original post.  He clearly doesn't want those types of communist views in this thread.  Don't like EA?  Well done, but don't feel you have to tell the World about it.
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6742|USA
ok to all the little assholes who think by not down loading the booster pack will force ea to put it on cd. ARE YOU THT STUPID?!?!?!?! ea is worth millions and a hand full of people arent gonna change tht. they dnt put it on cd to make it better for us. down load off ea wb site= $10 ea puts it on cd and you go to store and buy it= $30. so if you have to pay $30 bucks again youll just bitch about tht. shut up. dl it or dnt just stop bitchin
Fahrenheit
+0|6792
Also u gotta factor in the costs of putting it in a cd and in a box, that means extra cost to us so instead of $10 or £5 it will cost twice that, once u pay for it online its always available to you whether u format ur HD, just like DOD source...(i hope lol)...i would prefer a hard copy cos i dont have any credit cards...but will wait and see what its like before i beg me mum to lend me her CC..
Fahrenheit
+0|6792
lol u read me mind and beat me post lol
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD

Fahrenheit wrote:

Also u gotta factor in the costs of putting it in a cd and in a box, that means extra cost to us so instead of $10 or £5 it will cost twice that, once u pay for it online its always available to you whether u format ur HD, just like DOD source...(i hope lol)...i would prefer a hard copy cos i dont have any credit cards...but will wait and see what its like before i beg me mum to lend me her CC..
I guess i'll have to get someone to use their credit card and pay them then.
Jock3h^
+0|6730|Greenock (SCO)
Bah..
i'm sure i seen on the top corner of the Euroforce image PC CDROM
but on the website
http://eagames.co.uk/products.view.asp?id=8048
It's Platform = PC (Download Exclusive)
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD

Jock3h^ wrote:

Bah..
i'm sure i seen on the top corner of the Euroforce image PC CDROM
but on the website
http://eagames.co.uk/products.view.asp?id=8048
It's Platform = PC (Download Exclusive)
That's probably just the insignia.
mpsmith
+5|6685
You people are retarded. If the download screws up you can downoad it again. You just log in and can download it as much as you like, obviously.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6730|Riva, MD

EstebanRey wrote:

The Booster Packs will not be available on CD.  You will have to download them from EA.  As fdcp said, the sniper unlock is the L96a1 which is the standard issue British sniper rifle in real life.  You can watch a pre-relase of both that and the P90 on this video http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/fil … e_id=98612.
I wish I could get it to work.
Speelbal
+146|6765|Netherlands
Question: You pay with creditcard/ Paypal, or they send you a bill? Think it's mostly creditcard. Did they even thought of the people (DAMN KEYBOARD DOSENS WORK PRPEELY, KEEP PRESSING BACKSACE AND DELELTE TO GET A DECENT PIST!)
who dont have a cc?
birdman69
+11|6770|Toronto, Canada
Are the patches on CDs to buy?  NO!  It's more of a hassle to go to the damn store.  Welcome to 2006
LW_Cobra
+0|6710

_j5689_ wrote:

What will the next sniper unlock be and should I take my time trying to get promoted to GySgt so I can check out the new unlock or just blow it off and get the two weapons I was planning to get?
I was wondering the same thing, but went ahead and used my gunny unlocks thinking I'll get another unlock with Euro Forces anyway. I'm guessing those with scores of over 20,000 will get both unlocks right away, hope I'm correct. Either way I'm sure the damage will not exceed the M95, which I see you already have so there is no need to hold back. And the other thing is that you don't have to use your unlocks right away, the game will bug you to unlock something, but just choose the unlock later option and get that gunny stripe now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard