^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

Varegg wrote:

If Italy beats France and Holland doesn't loose against Romania my team will still go through to the quarter finals ...

Go Italy
Holland - Romania to get through

and bye bye to France and Italy

hopefully
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london
If France and Italy draw, Romania are through on goal difference, regardless of their result against the Netherlands
Benzin
+576|6000
Glad to see the Italians and French got their shit tossed by the Dutch. Italians were crying like little bitches whenever the Romanians brushed past them, just like the Croatians.

But what a game that was for Holland. Loved it!
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Going to Austria in an hour to see some matches on the big screen.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Benzin
+576|6000
Remember that you can't bring any liquid containers in, empty or otherwise. Security is hardcore - be prepared.
.Sup
be nice

CapnNismo wrote:

Remember that you can't bring any liquid containers in, empty or otherwise. Security is hardcore - be prepared.
Ye i always need to have a lot of money with myself when visiting Austria, especially cigarettes are so expensive. Will buy drinks there.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

CapnNismo wrote:

No drinks allowed at all? Fuck that shit

edit: Oh wait I think I misunderstood you

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-06-14 05:54:19)

Benzin
+576|6000
There is Carlsberg beer that you can buy inside the Fan Zones.
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london

.Sup wrote:

What?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If Italy beats France and Holland doesn't loose against Romania my team will still go through to the quarter finals ...

Go Italy
Holland - Romania to get through

and bye bye to France and Italy

hopefully
I love seeing Italy go out early in competitions, they're such bad losers it always makes for hilarious viewing!
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ
I hope Italy gets thrown out too. Fucken Inzaghi nicking it at the last minute and celebrating like a retard always ruined my day.

btw did you hear that Domenec uses star-signs to decide which players to use? Is that true? Because if it is France needs to gtfo as well. And a change coach asap
ƒ³
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

WHAT THE HELL?!!

First, Vink ( referee for Spain v Sweden ) ignores a clear fucking penalty. If that wasn't a penalty, I don't know what is...

THEN, he whistles full time when Spain are ON THE ATTACK. That's illegal. Fucking retard.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah bad decisions. But Spain haven't really been playing well since Sweden have scored. They need to forget about those decisions now and get their act together and play like they did against Russia.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah bad decisions. But Spain haven't really been playing well since Sweden have scored. They need to forget about those decisions now and get their act together and play like they did against Russia.
Ignore the fact that Svensson should have been sent off in the 12th minute, the fact they should have gotten a penalty, and the fact he whistled when Spain had the advantage and were looking strong to score.... Yeah, that will be hard.

I feel this is going to end bad. Who the fuck would pick a dutch referee to do the Spain v Sweden match. Fucking biased wanker.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Fotball is all about emotions

Congrats Spain on another victory allthough this was a much harder challenge for Spain, Mellberg was really really good Torres and Villa, no wonder he is off to Juventus ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Villa to Juve? I fucking hope not. But yeah, he'll probably be the one everyone will go for after the competition. Christiano..... Who?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Um... he means Mellberg, you nub. Villa wants to go, but noone knows where. Barcelona want him.

Anyway, it wasn't a harder challenge for Spain; they just didn't play like they did against Russia. They were unstoppable against them.

It was an awful decision to put on Cazorla for Xavi. Xavi was the heart of the team in the first half. As a comparison, Svensson had 47 passes completed by the FULL game, Xavi had 51 by half time.

Anyway, FUCK YES!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Villa to Juve? I fucking hope not. But yeah, he'll probably be the one everyone will go for after the competition. Christiano..... Who?
Mellberg is going to Juventus, not sure if Villa is going anywhere soon ... he would be kickass with Torres in Liverpool and who knows what Scolari will be up to when he takes over as manager for Chelsea

@Zimmer - Sweden was more compact in their defence while Russia was wide open with large areas for Torres and Villa to play ... Sweden plays more man to man while Russias def played a zone defence ...

All in all a good match even though it looked like it could have been ruined by yet another bad ref, the Norwegian ref cost Italy valuable points
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
maef
+67|6684|Tulln, Austria
Unfortunately, I seem to be quite a pessimist. While most other Austrians were fairly happy about the draw against Poland, I'm rather disappointed. Not just about this game, about our performance in the Euro in general.

I know, most of the people who read/post in this thread are well informed about the tournament anyway, but let me sum it up for you.
Disclaimer: Yes, I am going to refer to the Austrian national team as "us". Not just out of patriotism, also out of convenience.

Austria vs. Croatia:
Yes, the much-disputed penalty right at the start of the game. While I do think it was a tough decision to make that call, you can't really argue with it. He didn't necessarily have to blow the whistle, but it was definitely a justifiable call and well within the rules. He could have let it slide for the sake of the game, but well... sucks to be us.
After being completely dumbfounded for the next half hour, Austria started to get their act back together and dominated the game. Especially in the second half we had one chance after another, but failed to score. I'm not going to try and blame this on anyone but our own inability.
In overtime though, Kienast was massively held back by a Croatian player on an Austrian free-kick, essentially preventing him from getting in position for a decent header. The ball was coming towards him and the ref stood less than 5 meters away. This should definitely have been a penalty, especially when you consider the FIFA advised the refs to be strict on this kind of thing just before the Euro.

Austria vs. Poland:
We started off incredibly strong with one great chance after another. Again, there's no one to blame but ourselves for not going ahead at least 2:0 right then and there.
About half an hour into the game Poland scores on us. From an offside position. The side-ref has to do nothing at that point but check for offsides, so again there's no excuse for overseeing it. At least this time we handled the score a bit better, not being completely stumped for the rest of the half.
At some point, Ivanschitz storms into Poland's box all by himself and the defender grabs him by his shirt to rip him to the ground. Again, a penalty in my opinion, but no call.
In overtime, we get the previously discussed penalty. A justified call if you ask me, even though Prödl was held back less than Kienast was in the game against Croatia.

Sidenote: What I really don't get is: How in the world can people and even newspapers from Poland complain about that penalty? They said the referee "stole" the victory from them.
Not only were the refs advised to be strict on those things, what's worse is that their goal was an offside. Penalties are a matter of interpretation, offside is a goddamn fact. While some might call the penalty a harsh decision, their goal was definitely irregular.
He basically gave them a goal that wasn't supposed to count and they still bitch around. I just don't get it.

tl;dr: We should have gotten 3 penalties in those 2 games, one of which was called, and wasted loads of chances to score. A little more luck and ref decisions going more in favor and we could already have 6 points and be qualified for the quarter-finals.
Considering that, I just can't be happy about the outcome of Thursday's game.
.Sup
be nice

kptk92 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

What?
Which part don't you understand?
Anyways, just got back, awesome match but it was raining the whole time. Result: perfectly deserved, tho i feel sorry for the Swedes.
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london

.Sup wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

What?
You live in Slovenia, right?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

kptk92 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

What?
Wow.... it shows how ignorant people are.
http://www.geographic-guide.com/maps/eu … al-map.gif

See? Now, do I need to teach you basic geography, or can you tell that it's AUSTRIA'S NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY?!
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK

Zimmer wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

See? Now, do I need to teach you basic geography, or can you tell that it's AUSTRIA'S NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY?!
So?

Ireland neighbours my country, but I wouldn't go there to watch football on a TV. I can see where kptk is coming from.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

liquidat0r wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

So?

Ireland neighbours my country, but I wouldn't go there to watch football on a TV. I can see where kptk is coming from.
Wow, again.... I wont even repeat the word...
We aren't in Britain, where moving over a border is like taking 20 million steps away from your house.

This is mainland Europe, people move from country to country daily.

I would have expected you to at least know that. Same applies with German and French borders and Swiss and French borders ( French work in Switzerland but live in France because it's cheaper ).

If you had just used your brain, you would have realised that mainland Europe isn't like Britain.

Also, Ireland is not your neighbouring country, you are separated by water, therefore it's not your neighbour. Like Frances' naighbour isn't the UK.
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london

Zimmer wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

So?

Wow, again.... I wont even repeat the word...
We aren't in Britain, where moving over a border is like taking 20 million steps away from your house.

This is mainland Europe, people move from country to country daily.

I would have expected you to at least know that. Same applies with German and French borders and Swiss and French borders ( French work in Switzerland but live in France because it's cheaper ).

If you had just used your brain, you would have realised that mainland Europe isn't like Britain.

Also, Ireland is not your neighbouring country, you are separated by water, therefore it's not your neighbour. Like Frances' naighbour isn't the UK.
FINE LETS TALK ABOUT SCOTLAND THEN WE'RE NOT SEPARATED BY ANYTHING OR MAYBE WALES I DON'T KNOW ZIMMER THE POINT IS THAT IF I WAS SLOVENIAN I WOULD NOT TRAVEL ACROSS THE BORDER TO ANOTHER COUNTRY JUST TO WATCH 90 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL.

You see where I'm going?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard