Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Okay as Valve makes minor updates for TF2 all the time I have elected to contain all the minor update info and discussion of them in this one thread. We will begin with today's update.

July 8 Changelog wrote:

* Fixed rcon crash caused by too many incorrect password attempts
    * Fixed clients experiencing connection problems during round restarts
    * Fixed flares not always being removed on impact
    * Fixed 32 player servers not working correctly with SourceTV enabled
    * Fixed dropped flags sometimes falling through the world
    * Fixed number key menu input sending 2 key events
    * Fixed PING field being clipped in the scoreboard at 800x600 resolution
    * Fixed broken Medigun taunt
    * Changed mat_showmiplevels to only be allowed when cheats are on

July 3 Changelog wrote:

* Fixed a memory leak affecting both clients and servers
    * Fixed a malicious packet exploit

July 1 Changelog wrote:

* Fixed backburner's flame critical hits not being recalculated after collision. This meant that it would check if the target was looking away once and after that the flame could score a critical hit again even if the orientation changed
    * Added back some damage falloff to the Pyro's flamethrower. Not nearly as extreme as it was before the Pyro class pack
    * Fixed bug that caused Demomen to take a small amount of extra damage from their own grenades and fly farther using them
    * Fixed spy getting stuck in players after removing his disguise
    * Fixed spy stabbing and being able to go invisible instantly
    * Fixed spy disguised as enemy medic being able to spam voice commands
    * Fixed buffed health not decaying properly after being healed by a dispenser
    * Selectable menus can now be operated with number keys even if they are not bound to slot1, slot2, etc.
    * Removed the remaining speed adjustments for carrying intelligence (a couple of game modes still reduced your maxspeed)
    * Fixed a buildable item placement bug where the object would not rotate after the user tried to place in an invalid location

June 23 Changelog wrote:

* Reduced Medic's unlockable requirements to match that of the Pyro's. Medic players now meeting the requirements will receive their unlockables shortly after joining a server
    * Fixed Spy sapper viewmodel animation popping
    * Fixed another issue with the Hot on your Heels achievement
    * Incorporated the new Russian fonts into the base Team Fortress 2 fonts. Fixes the missing fonts problem when running in Russian with English VO

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-07-08 17:14:08)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
Nice idea, thanks for doing this.

Looking forward to the next big update though, all these minor fixes agitate me when I get excited over the 'Updating Game' box :p
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460

Uzique wrote:

Nice idea, thanks for doing this.

Looking forward to the next big update though, all these minor fixes agitate me when I get excited over the 'Updating Game' box :p
Meh, I've made five threads about these minor updates, and since some are in such close succession (we've just had two in two days) containing all discussion of them in one thread is the most logical thing to do.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
I wonder when they're going to fix the automatic crit thing. In the update where they said:

Steam wrote:

Fixed rapid-fire weaponry critical hit checks getting out of synch between the server and client
What they actually did was break it completely. I'd had no out of sync crits with the heavy before, and now every single time I play as him I get streams of blue/red bullets all the time that aren't actually crits. The same goes for the Pyro. It's very misleading. You think you can move out and attack large groups of enemies when in fact you're not getting crits at all.

That was a few updates ago.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-06-12 05:28:19)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6394|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I wonder when they're going to fix the automatic crit thing. In the update where they said:

Steam wrote:

Fixed rapid-fire weaponry critical hit checks getting out of synch between the server and client
What they actually did was break it completely. I'd had no out of sync crits with the heavy before, and now every single time I play as him I get streams of blue/red bullets all the time that aren't actually crits. The same goes for the Pyro. It's very misleading. You think you can move out and attack large groups of enemies when in fact you're not getting crits at all.

That was a few updates ago.
Is that why. I thought I must just be missing with the flamethrower.
b.branscombe
+5|6193
The pyro thing has been happening to me for as long as I've had this game.  Constant flames shoot out of the gun and make the crit sound, but your ammo doesn't deplete because no fire is actually coming out.  I have to switch to the shotty or axe and then switch back to get rid of it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262

b.branscombe wrote:

The pyro thing has been happening to me for as long as I've had this game.  Constant flames shoot out of the gun and make the crit sound, but your ammo doesn't deplete because no fire is actually coming out.  I have to switch to the shotty or axe and then switch back to get rid of it.
That's different. It's happened to me since it came out too. I'm meaning when you're actually firing and it says you're getting crits but you're just shooting normal flames.

Edit: Wow, ANOTHER TF2 update.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-06-12 16:08:36)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
Another update. 3 in four days Valve is on a role!

Changelog hasn't been posted yet. When it's up I'll update the thread.
Eldu
+62|6099|Belgium

b.branscombe wrote:

Or you could also just press lmb to make it stop...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
There has been yet another update. 4 in 5 days.

No changelog again though. This one only took a second.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-06-13 05:24:11)

Eldu
+62|6099|Belgium

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

There has been yet another update. 4 in 5 days.

No changelog again though. This one only took a second.
Asshole . It took me bloody long to download the damn patch, I hate my internetz .
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6124|Carnoustie, Scotland
Ugh, I hate people with Russian lettering. Fucks sake, it's English for a reason, don't try to use other languages letters that look like our own, and try to pass them off as looking "cool".

/rant.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
They still haven't posted a changelog of last night's update.

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
Added info for today's update to the OP.

Glad they fixed the bugged achievements
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
Updated OP with Today's changelog.

Uber-Saw here I come!
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada
Love the medic achievements update.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
Ubersaw here I come too . I've been at 31 for ages. I'm so glad they've changed it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Cool, I should be able to get the second unlock now
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6394|dm_maidenhead
Come to papa ubersaw.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
So wait, we only need 22 achievements now for the ubersaw and such? Cool. I really like that.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
New Update.

Sticky jumping fixed (There you go David, it was a mistake, nothing more), damage drop-off reintroduced to the Pyro (thank christ), fixed backburner hit detection, fixed the spy getting stuck in people.

Overall, an awesome update of needed bug fixes and balances .

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed backburner's flame critical hits not being recalculated after collision. This meant that it would check if the target was looking away once and after that the flame could score a critical hit again even if the orientation changed

Added back some damage falloff to the Pyro's flamethrower. Not nearly as extreme as it was before the Pyro class pack

Fixed bug that caused Demomen to take a small amount of extra damage from their own grenades and fly farther using them

Fixed spy getting stuck in players after removing his disguise

Fixed spy stabbing and being able to go invisible instantly

Fixed spy disguised as enemy medic being able to spam voice commands

Fixed buffed health not decaying properly after being healed by a dispenser

Selectable menus can now be operated with number keys even if they are not bound to slot1, slot2, etc.

Removed the remaining speed adjustments for carrying intelligence (a couple of game modes still reduced your maxspeed)

Fixed a buildable item placement bug where the object would not rotate after the user tried to place in an invalid location

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-07-01 15:22:46)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
Best update ever. This fixes so many bugs that have annoyed me.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
The BackBurner is still way overpowered compared to the regular FT though. And the Flare is still a complete PoS compared to the shotgun.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The BackBurner is still way overpowered compared to the regular FT though. And the Flare is still a complete PoS compared to the shotgun.
Funny you should say that because I was just in a game, using the standard flamethrower, and I killed heaps of backburners.

I think the old 'backpeddle+flame' tactic once again works

Edit: Some people did tests on the Steam forums, and they've decided that the new damage falloff is 20%, as opposed to the old 75%.

ie it does 80% damage at the end now instead of 25%

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-07-01 16:50:36)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I don't even bother using the backburner itself. To me it's just a +50HP boost and I get to use my shotgun all the time which I more or less did as pyro since day 1.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard