Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Just got it, limited edition, and I feel like an idiot for not getting in on mgs sooner.

This game is absolutely amazing, however some guns say weapon ID locked or something like that which makes me unable to use them, WTF?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Scratch[USA]
+105|6539
ID lock on a weapon = can only be used by the person assigned to it.  Check out the video here.

http://www.amazon.com/Konami-Kojima-Pro … amp;sr=8-1
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5966|England

So what does the ring around snake mean/do ?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6440

Miggle wrote:

Just got it, limited edition, and I feel like an idiot for not getting in on mgs sooner.

This game is absolutely amazing, however some guns say weapon ID locked or something like that which makes me unable to use them, WTF?
Spoiler (highlight to read):
You will meet a guy later, and he will unlock it for you.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
Crap, IT'S OUT!?! I must of given up on the release date since it got pushed back. >.<

I must get this as soon as I can... Do you think it will be sold out?...
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6649|perv
I played all of the other MGS games, (im a huge fan of Mgs) and i have to say this is absolutely amazing, the octocamo thing is sweet
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

SamTheMan:D wrote:

So what does the ring around snake mean/do ?
Tells you where bad guys are.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

I was going to get the LE but couldn't find anywhere stocking it with a price so decided to get the reg one. Post a pic of the wee snake you get if he came with it
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Just met him

Drebin is pure baddass[/spoiler

M.O.A.B wrote:

I was going to get the LE but couldn't find anywhere stocking it with a price so decided to get the reg one. Post a pic of the wee snake you get if he came with it
Didn't get him, got a Blu-Ray on making of and history and stuff, and the soundtrack.

Last edited by Miggle (2008-06-12 13:43:37)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Miggle wrote:

Just met him

Drebin is pure baddass[/spoiler

M.O.A.B wrote:

Didn't get him, got a Blu-Ray on making of and history and stuff, and the soundtrack.
He escaped!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I've got the limited edition pre-ordered... and I don't even own a PS3

But since it's summer I'll have to see if I can rent one from the local video store or something (they used to do that with older systems). I'm extremely excited for this game, though. I've been in love with the whole Metal Gear Solid series, and the games are nothing short of amazing. In fact, I'm about to play through 1 2 and 3 over the next few weeks/months. Hopefully MGO2 will last longer than the original MGO did. I played it for about a couple days and didn't like it at all. I come back not even a year later to try it out again and the servers are shut down. Really lame.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5966|England

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

SamTheMan:D wrote:

So I was looking for LE

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/ … oduct.html

£200?

WTF?
Whoa!

Last place I read it was only £80, which was steep enough
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

lol, it was $80 for me.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

I've changed my opinion.  ITS FUCKING AWSOME!   Well, slight exaggeration, but unlike most games that build up to be so much but dont deliver, this one really does.  It seems to get progressivly better aswell, so, if anyone playing it and is about 2-3 hours in and thinks this is shit.  Keep on going, it does get much better.  Least I think so.

Martyn
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Bell wrote:

I've changed my opinion.  ITS FUCKING AWSOME!   Well, slight exaggeration, but unlike most games that build up to be so much but dont deliver, this one really does.  It seems to get progressivly better aswell, so, if anyone playing it and is about 2-3 hours in and thinks this is shit.  Keep on going, it does get much better.  Least I think so.

Martyn
I don't even know if this classes as a spoiler but I shall remain considerate

Apparently there's a cutscene somewhere that almost acts like a mini movie in length lol 90 mins
[/spoiler
icecold2510
+31|6286
FUCK YES, I will be going get it shortly.  Hopefully it is in stock everyone pray

Got it, installing now. I cannot wait !

Last edited by icecold2510 (2008-06-12 16:35:30)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5953|Washington DC
It's pretty cool. Graphics are great. LOTS of cutscenes (not a bad thing though).

@MOAB, apparently the longest scene is 65 minutes (the ending) and there's some other scene that's 40 minutes.

edit: I hear they're worth sitting through though. This almost seems like a movie that you interact with, rather than a game with short movies.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-06-12 18:28:40)

icecold2510
+31|6286
It is epic. Spoiler (highlight to read):
I'm only at where you meet Rat Patrol 1. I've been spotted plenty of times too... Spoiler (highlight to read):
Especially in that damn Militia Safe House
motherdear
+25|6643|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
i don't belive that they were quite that long hurrican i heard that it was close to 2 hours of cutscenes with the full game but idk. i don't have my trusted ps3 here at the moment though but i'll get the game tomorrow can't wait. the storyline always seemed like the best thing in the mgs games, just love this series (played them all including the smaller console versions and the old ones)
jason85
Banned
+58|5989|Mesa, AZ
So, I've been playing 4 since about 10:30am, when I went to Best Buy and got the bundle pack. Didn't stop until about midnight, I just couldn't stop playing. So fucking awesome. So far, I think my favorite part is the first cut scene with Big Mama. I kept saying "holy $hit". So much stuff I never expected.

motherdear wrote:

i don't belive that they were quite that long hurrican i heard that it was close to 2 hours of cutscenes with the full game but idk. i don't have my trusted ps3 here at the moment though but i'll get the game tomorrow can't wait. the storyline always seemed like the best thing in the mgs games, just love this series (played them all including the smaller console versions and the old ones)
oh no....i think hurricane is right. there are cut scenes for the mission briefings that last about 20-35 minutes each, then all the ones in between those.
jason85
Banned
+58|5989|Mesa, AZ

Bell wrote:

Martyn
Truth. And I love MGS. It just keeps getting better. The story is epic, many twists to keep it exciting.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Mmm. Worth buying a PS3 for? I'm thinking of getting one for a certain few games that have hit my radar recently... Namely killzone2 (honestly, it looks fucking amazing), little big planet and I might finally find out why everybody raves about MGS games. I enjoyed Metal Gear 2 though. You know, the 2d ones. On the NES.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5827|Australia

Miggle wrote:

Find Drebin (spelling?) the guy with the monkey, he can unlock the PMC's ID guns.

I don't have the game and i know that lol...

my life will be complete if they bring MGS and GT to PC.

One thing i have noticed about media feedback is gametrailers giving the gam's story 8.7 will giving GTAIV's story a FUCKING 9.0! is it it me or is that not just rediculous? the reviewer took the effort to point out all flaws, obviously he hasn't played the last games and didn't know what the fuck was going on...he didn't even mention that liquid and snake were clones.

Terrible review, not all for the score, but just the general feedback he gave the story. Go to IGN's review if your considering getting the game.

Last edited by Acreta (2008-06-13 02:47:56)

https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6440

Acreta wrote:

One thing i have noticed about media feedback is gametrailers giving the gam's story 8.7 will giving GTAIV's story a FUCKING 9.0! is it it me or is that not just rediculous? the reviewer took the effort to point out all flaws, obviously he hasn't played the last games and didn't know what the fuck was going on...he didn't even mention that liquid and snake were clones.

Terrible review, not all for the score, but just the general feedback he gave the story. Go to IGN's review if your considering getting the game.
Yea, I know what you mean. I always liked their reviews really. But, I think he described the game as over-done or something like that, was rather weak.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard