Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire
'US strike deaths' anger Pakistan

"Pakistan's military has condemned what it says was an air strike by US-led forces that killed 11 Pakistani troops as a "cowardly attack". Details of the incident on the border with Afghanistan are still unclear. Reports suggest it took place as US-led forces operating in Afghanistan were tackling pro-Taleban militants. The US military confirmed it had carried out the operation, which comes amid rising tensions between the US and Pakistan militaries. The soldiers' deaths occurred overnight at a border post in the Mohmand region, one of Pakistan's tribal areas, across the border from Afghanistan's Kunar province."

I'd like to see what kind of reaction would result if 11 US troops were accidentally killed by 'friendly' Pakistani fire.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
Why does the US always seem to have a disproportionately large blue on blue incidents?

...........Cowboy mentality?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

It's because they're jealous of our freedom.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

m3thod wrote:

Why does the US always seem to have a disproportionately large blue on blue incidents?

They must be colour-blind!

If it were '11 killed in suicide blast in cafe' there would be tons of posts condemning it by now...but it's okay if you're a few thousand feet up when you push the button, especially when it's a 'mistake'.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
What's the problem? "US-led forces operating in Afghanistan were tackling pro-Taleban militants"
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

m3thod wrote:

Most involved in the fighting. The more involved you are the greater the risk, especially working in regions like the Afghan/Pakistan mountains where communication and co-ordination is difficult. In that kind of environment it can be easy to mistake something for somethign else, depends whether they were informed that it was Pakistani owned camp. Bit like the British Chally 2 that fired on another because it mistook it for an enemy infantry flanking manuevre, resulted from a lack of communication.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

kylef wrote:

What's the problem? "US-led forces operating in Afghanistan were tackling pro-Taleban militants"
I presume you're being sarcastic?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Braddock wrote:

m3thod wrote:

They must be colour-blind!

If it were '11 killed in suicide blast in cafe' there would be tons of posts condemning it by now...but it's okay if you're a few thousand feet up when you push the button, especially when it's a 'mistake'.
There's a difference though, said suicide bomber had the intention of killing civilians and whatnot, and the group will not apologise but rather justify it. If the bomb from an aircraft strikes an area and kills or injures civilians, the US and other coalition countries would both apologise and put up an investigation into the matter. But I never understood why whenever this happens people are quick to play it as if they did it on purpose.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

Braddock wrote:

kylef wrote:

I presume you're being sarcastic?
Sorry, I totally misread the article ... I thought that pro-Taliban were being killed in midst of Afghani lives. (11) Afghani deaths is worse than (8) Taliban deaths.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827
How is it a terrorist attack?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina
Making friends?
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827
Is that directed at me?

If so, it totally flew straight over my head.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina
US making friends again?
13rin
+977|6479
I missed the part where this is a "terror attack".  Oh wait... There isn't any.  Your really haven't a clue.  It must be nice.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland
Oh noes, how could the US air force have blown up Pakistan troops thinking they were terrorists?  We all know what a great ally Pakistan has been in stopping terrorism in their region. /sarcasm
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK
If its not american deaths who gives a shit right?....
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Oh noes, how could the US air force have blown up Pakistan troops thinking they were terrorists?  We all know what a great ally Pakistan has been in stopping terrorism in their region. /sarcasm
Because Pakistan should be attacked for not helping the US.  /sarcasm.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

m3thod wrote:

Exactly.
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

David.P wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Exactly.
So why complain when they celebrate in the streets? Let em rejoice in peace.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

m3thod wrote:

Maybe it's because the majority of the world is not fighting? At least not proportionately.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

m3thod wrote:

David.P wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Exactly.
You mean Cut off the americans heads and burn their corpses? That's what muslims call celebration? Crazy shit of a religion you got there m3th, Crazy! What's next believing that god's right hand is a stone? Or that the center of the world is located in the middle of the shitty desert?
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

David.P wrote:

m3thod wrote:

David.P wrote:

Exactly.
You mean Cut off the americans heads and burn their corpses? That's what muslims call celebration? Crazy shit of a religion you got there m3th, Crazy! What's next believing that god's right hand is a stone? Or that the center of the world is located in the middle of the shitty desert?
Whoa there horsey! I'm just using your perfectly flawed reasoning.  If it's not a muslim death who gives a shit.  So rejoice away because they'll do exactly the same (according to David Podedworny).
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

David.P wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Exactly.
You guys need to stop being simpletons.

Pakistani troops where either killed by accident or because they were chilling with terrorist.
Shit happens, its war.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5827
How generous of you to write of someone else's death so quickly.

David.P wrote:

m3thod wrote:

David.P wrote:

Exactly.
Would you prefer they celebrated by slaughtering civilians en masse, like Christian crusaders?  Or believed that the world was only as old as humanity, and evolution never happened?

Last edited by ZombieVampire! (2008-06-11 07:35:28)

David.P
Banned
+649|6274

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Would you prefer they celebrated by slaughtering civilians en masse, like Christian crusaders?
It's not just the christians that killed civilians in those ways. Mongols, Persians, and Muslims aswell. Hell every Ancient-Mid evil society did so.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard