GameSkillPhil
+0|6672
Bit-Tech.com has a preview of the Euro Force Booster pack.  All I have to say is I can't wait.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/01/12/bf2_euro_force/1.html
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6708|USA
What do you wanna bet that all the fixes for the ribbons and medal ect..... will require you to buy this new pack! Well, now we know how you'll be able to get the Special Forces Aerial Service Ribbon. EA planned this bullshit all along. I don't think the ever intended to release a FREE patch, they were just planning on getting another $20 bucks out of all of us to get the fixes to problems that should have been fixed prior to release. What a bunch of bullshit!!!!!!!!!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Aw, poor baby, dosn't want to give up his $20 bucks.

Listen, if you wern't caught up in all the politics bullshit of forcing to buy booster packs, would you buy it anyway, just for the fun of having new stuff.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6677|Hell's prison
Look I am sure EA is aware that alot of teenagers and young people out there do not have credit cards.  or a whole lot of money for that matter.  I am more than sure EA will offer a money order thing, or even a way to purchase the new add-on in some other manner than just cc.  They know they have a massive fanbase and I am more than sure it will be in a FAQ to see alternate ways of ordering.  So without further sugar-coating it, STFU WTF LOL LMMFAO, BLARG!!! OORGLE!!! BLEEAT!!! 

P.S. I am sure that people will still stick with the original for a while until they can afford it or find ways to get a hold of it.  (but dont, whatever you do, wait 6 weeks and download it off one of those illegal downloading programs!!!)
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6780|Hanging onto the UAV
I'd imagine they'll release the 1.2 patch to address bugs, as well as include it in the xpack. They're not forcing you to buy anything, dumbass.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
so will there be a french army? i hope not coz they lost just about every war, but foriegn legion is OK, UK is a must...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
$kelet0r
+16|6674

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

so will there be a french army? i hope not coz they lost just about every war, but foriegn legion is OK, UK is a must...
There will be an EU army - so technically the French will be there
and don't be so arrogantly stupid - France was and still is one of the great military powers in the world
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6675|Stillwater, Ok
Lol i'm sorry did you say the French were a military power.  You must have been misinformed cause the vietnamese raped them, germans beat them twice, british beat them, spaniards beat them,they lost almost any colony they tried to fight for.  The French just don't have an impressive record. They may have technology now but that doesn't mean shit when your men can't use it.  I can't take the french serisously at all, they give up too easily.

Last edited by 2ndLt.Tucker (2006-01-13 03:46:02)

Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6837|United Kingdom
and they want to Veto everything...
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6681
They had a good 15 year burst in about 1800...
MrBrain
+24|6683|Finland

GameSkillPhil wrote:

Bit-Tech.com has a preview of the Euro Force Booster pack.  All I have to say is I can't wait.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/01/ … rce/1.html
I can. It looks the same as before, new skins on the vehicles mostly. And palms in europe, doh! And those fixes was mostly for problem players, not solving the problems/bugs in the game
lav2517
+0|6693|Leeds
The british army is in there with the Challenger and Typhoon in there, as well as the varients of L85.  At the end of the day this expansion pack is costing about the same as a copy of PC gamer  - I dont see the problem.
The_Radge
+1|6698|Cornwall UK

lav2517 wrote:

At the end of the day this expansion pack is costing about the same as a copy of PC gamer  - I dont see the problem.
Hear Hear, I agree for £6 it's a bargin. I guess EA have to keep the cash flow until a killer MOD does for BF2 what DC did for 1942. I personally think it's not a bad feature to pick and choose the Add-ons/Booster Packs you like and when your pocket money can afford it (I have my credit card at Alert 5 for Euro Force!!)
$kelet0r
+16|6674

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Lol i'm sorry did you say the French were a military power.  You must have been misinformed cause the vietnamese raped them, germans beat them twice, british beat them, spaniards beat them,they lost almost any colony they tried to fight for.  The French just don't have an impressive record. They may have technology now but that doesn't mean shit when your men can't use it.  I can't take the french serisously at all, they give up too easily.
the words 'typical ya....' come to mind but i won't utter them
So the Americans are a great ,military power are they? Beaten by the British in 1812, Beaten by the Vietnamese, Beaten by the Chinese in the Korea, Beaten in somalia, Beaten in Lebanon, Currently being beaten in Iraq - the same stupid argument applies if you want to argue that point

they lost almost any colony they tried to fight for
how is this any different from any other nation- how mindnumbingly blind - considering that today they are a major nuclear power with a military that does not rely on the US that makes them a major power by anyones measure
Cpl_5811
+0|6708

$kelet0r wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

There will be an EU army - so technically the French will be there
and don't be so arrogantly stupid - France was and still is one of the great military powers in the world
where did you hear that? They have been beat by everyone since they threw Napolean out of the country.  if they are what you consider world power...you might want to seek help.  They look good, but looks has nothing to do with the win column or histrory.

To be a world power you have to actually be able to back up any threats that you make.  I don't think the French could do that.  The main reason being they don't want to, let alone being able to if they did.  If the world does not look at them as a world power....then they are not one.

Last edited by Cpl_5811 (2006-01-13 08:09:04)

BanG89
as good as me you never will be
+9|6744|Nederland
after napoleon they've beaten germany in 1871
Erkut.hv
+124|6727|California
I can't wait for Euro Force. I don't even like Europeans all that much.... But new stuff sounds great.

As for you kids, explain to your parents that buying these booster packs are better than letting you run the streets. Tell them you are less likely to become a drug addict, if you play BF2.
Cpl_5811
+0|6708

$kelet0r wrote:

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

the words 'typical ya....' come to mind but i won't utter them
So the Americans are a great ,military power are they? Beaten by the British in 1812, Beaten by the Vietnamese, Beaten by the Chinese in the Korea, Beaten in somalia, Beaten in Lebanon, Currently being beaten in Iraq - the same stupid argument applies if you want to argue that point

they lost almost any colony they tried to fight for
how is this any different from any other nation- how mindnumbingly blind - considering that today they are a major nuclear power with a military that does not rely on the US that makes them a major power by anyones measure
the British beat us?  the last time I checked we Americans do not fall under the queens rule. 

you are looking at the win loss column again and that only works in games...not always in the RW.  Just because battles are lost and won does not mean we lost.  In most cases we were to assist the local regime, government, and people to provide for themselves with a democratic government.  We have succeeded doing that in majority of the cases.  And the rest of the world considers us a World Power...even the places that do not like us are willing to admit that we are.
Cpl_5811
+0|6708

BanG89 wrote:

True, but their streak was broken....and they have gone down every since.  They much rather just complain about Americans and all of the crazy things we do.
frankie4fingers08-2
+0|6746
The french army in the new pack... Cool,  each character will come with pistol, knive, rifle and  a white flag....PS. there is a White Flag waving badge and ribbon....
sven_ventjes
+0|6692|belgium
the new booster pack can you buy it into a shop after a couple of weaks ?
armin
+0|6748| Bosnia & Herzegovina
If ur against the boosterpacks, pls sign the petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea110/petition.html

there are already 500+ signatures
^KonAir2|Ph0sph0ruz
+0|6687
It could be worse... EA could charge us monthly to play the game. (I guess they are in a sense, if you have your own ranked server 8) )

I'm just happy to see support for BF2. It is a great game! I'll buy the booster packs. I just wish there were more maps.
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6681

BanG89 wrote:

Are you referring to the Franco-Prussian War? If so, I think you'll find Prussia won that rather easily.
specops10-4
+108|6735|In the hills
Skeletor said

So the Americans are a great ,military power are they? Beaten by the British in 1812, Beaten by the Vietnamese, Beaten by the Chinese in the Korea, Beaten in somalia, Beaten in Lebanon, Currently being beaten in Iraq...

Ok maybe they were beaten in Vietnam, but that has been the only military loss in U.S. history.  In some wars they might of lost more men than the opposing team but they still completed their goal, and Americans are not losing in Iraq yes we do lose lots of men but not near the amount that the Insurgents are

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard