Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6549|Washington
Every time lately when I use the hose for spraying off the drive way or whatever, I always get this thought in my head of those people in Africa and shit that don't have water. As I use the hose I'm thinking, I just used enough water to supply a whole village for a day..
I bet they would even kill for the amount of water I just used to hose off my driveway.

Anyone else get thoughts like this in their head while using water? lol

https://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/africa_getting_water_in_africa/img/3.jpg

Last edited by Spider1980 (2008-06-09 07:44:33)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
No.  That doesnt mean I don't have a conscence (however you spell it)

But I hate wasting food and that some aid money gets intercepted.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

Yeah I think the same way. Sad to think but those days could come our way.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6487|Sheffield-England

1927 wrote:

No.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
Nope.

Africa is a rich continent, the people just don't know how to use it. They never did. If it wasn't for European/Arab colonisation they wouldn't even have anything (Sub-Saharan Africa). That's the harsh truth.

It's time the Africans did something themselves
motherdear
+25|6659|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
it's not like a water cleaner is hard to operate or even make but they still choose not to do and i have no idea why, and i'm not going to worry about food because there's more than enough but their leaders and clans keep intercepting it so i can't do anything.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

No. It's not like I could send that water to them.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
I don't feel that way, but I understand why people do.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Nope.

Africa is a rich continent, the people just don't know how to use it. They never did. If it wasn't for European/Arab colonisation they wouldn't even have anything (Sub-Saharan Africa). That's the harsh truth.

Tbh this is 100% true. In all honesty though, if we never help them, they will be carrying pots on there heads while we're flying hovercrafts in year 3000. Theres no.... evolution.... in africa.
15 more years! 15 more years!
wensleydale8
+81|6777|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
Not to sound racist but I think the way africa is heading at the moment Theres not going to be many people left apart from those in the south.

Last edited by wensleydale8 (2008-06-09 09:47:46)

Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

Mitch wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Nope.

Tbh this is 100% true. In all honesty though, if we never help them, they will be carrying pots on there heads while we're flying hovercrafts in year 3000. Theres no.... evolution.... in africa.
Yeah, it's all the people's faults...more like corrupt barbaric dictators and out-of-control unethical multinationals raping the land and giving little if anything back to the populace...

Last time I checked, people in Africa were just fine before we (Euros and others) decided that they were put on earth to serve white people.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

Mitch wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Nope.

Yeah, no evolution...or perhaps the birthplace of human beings?

I would say murdering the native populations while pillaging the land is a sign of evolution, right?  Or is that not what we Euros have done for the last 2000 years?
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6582|London
Africa needs a societal structure. History shows that society can only be born through bloodshed and conflict. So while it's heartbreaking when you watch the civil wars going on over there, you have to understand that we are watching from the point of view of 1st world countries, and at some point our countries had to go through a similar period to get to where we are now.

That being said, when I'm literally pissing water away I do think about how lucky I am simply because I was born in the right part of the planet.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Nope.

I would say murdering the native populations while pillaging the land is a sign of evolution, right?  Or is that not what we Euros have done for the last 2000 years?
I think he was referring to political and economical evolution.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Aries_37 wrote:

I do think about how lucky I am simply because I was born in the right part of the planet.
Agreed, life is just luck
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6582|London

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Nope.

Yeah, it's all the people's faults...more like corrupt barbaric dictators and out-of-control unethical multinationals raping the land and giving little if anything back to the populace...

Last time I checked, people in Africa were just fine before we (Euros and others) decided that they were put on earth to serve white people.
QFT- Africa is decades behind us only because that is where we put them, when we took their populace as slaves and forcibly took their only tradeable currencies.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Nope.

Ok you wanna be harsh about it.
I say on the same timeline that the africans have, the white man invented the wheel, drives cars, fly's planes, has an economy, and a future that will only make more technological advancements.

However, during this same timeline, African tribes are still carrying buckets of water on their heads to there village huts, still performs whichcraft to 'cure' disease, still believing in their sun gods, still ruthlessly killing each other like a bunch of fucking tribal gorrilas.
The smart ones realized they could take control. Thus the situation you seem to be in.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6549|Washington
It's because of their Government is why there country is so fucked up.
When something bad happens over there we have to fly our asses over there just to give them some bottled water and medicine..
Who flys over here to bring us anything? No one, because our own Government helps us.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
This is the "Everything Else" section.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Sub-Saharan Africa has always been centuries behind the rest, well since written records. Wait, they didn't even develop a writing system.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida

Mitch wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

I say on the same timeline that the africans have, the white man invented the wheel, drives cars, fly's planes, has an economy, and a future that will only make more technological advancements.

However, during this same timeline, African tribes are still carrying buckets of water on their heads to there village huts, still performs whichcraft to 'cure' disease, still believing in their sun gods, still ruthlessly killing each other like a bunch of fucking tribal gorrilas.
The smart ones realized they could take control. Thus the situation you seem to be in.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Nope.

And to be honest, the current 'black' population should be fucking happy we took them from Africa. It advanced their race by thousands of years in a matter of decades. If we never took blacks with us, the white race would be the ONLY race with advancement.

Blacks think their all cool and shit, they say stuff like 'You stole me and my ancestors from africa"

OH REALLY?? well now your living in a house not a hut, you go to the fucking doctor who gives you medicine instead of performing a rain dance on you, and you drive a vehicle instead of walking around shithole africa speaking some native tounge.

I THINK ITS A PRETTY GOOD TRADE, DONT YOU??

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Sub-Saharan Africa has always been centuries behind the rest, well since written records. Wait, they didn't even develop a writing system.
qft
----------------

*Back to you in the studio*

Last edited by Mitch (2008-06-09 08:46:45)

Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6549|Washington
I say we drop a few of these over there and ask them if they still want our bottled water

https://img.metblogs.com/dc/files/2008/04/nuclearbomb.jpg

Last edited by Spider1980 (2008-06-09 08:49:13)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
If we never took blacks with us, the white race would be the ONLY race with advancement.
Wrong there Mitch, unless you classify Asians (all of them, from the Middle East to South Asia to Japan) as white
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6582|London

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I lol'd

Mitch wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Yes but it's more due to geography than anything. Ever play the civilization games? The guy who gets the desert for his starting city falls behind right at the start and then everyone rapes him and so he has to use everything he has just to hang on. Africa is the same, they started behind, we raped them while we were ahead, and they'll probs never catch up to us. The best way to help is to leave them alone and let them sort stuff out like we had the chance to.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6793|Perth, Western Australia

Mitch wrote:

And to be honest, the current 'black' population should be fucking happy we took them from Africa.
I don't believe dis shit...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard