FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6424|'Murka

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/art … p;GT=31036

MONDAY, June 2 (HealthDay News) -- People who use marijuana for a long time can develop abnormalities in their brains, Australian researchers report.

Although growing literature suggests that long-term marijuana use is associated with a wide range of adverse health consequences, many people believe it is relatively harmless and should be legalized, the researchers noted.

"However, this study shows long-term, heavy cannabis use causes significant brain injury, memory loss, difficulties learning new information, and psychotic symptoms, such as delusions of persecution [paranoia], delusions of mind-reading, and bizarre social behaviors in even non-vulnerable users," said lead researcher Murat Yucel, from the ORYGEN Research Centre and the Neuropsychiatry Centre at the University of Melbourne.

This new evidence plays an important role in further understanding the effects of marijuana and its impact on brain functioning, Yucel said. "The study is the first to show that long-term cannabis use can adversely affect all users, not just those in the high-risk categories such as the young, or those susceptible to mental illness, as previously thought," he said.
Of course, long-term heavy alcohol use has serious side effects, as well.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6781
it also turns u into a boring c*nt
BVC
+325|6709
Theres been one or two harm-based comparisions involving pot...what I'd like to see is a benefit-based comparison.  eg. "Booze does these good things, tobacco does these good things, pot does these good things" etc
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5841
Long term drug abuse has consequences?

You're kidding, right?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6642|IRELAND

It makes me laugh. All the hysteria about weed. The many different studies, the re-classification. All while our Solders are walking through field after field of Poppies in Afghanistan. the same poppies that will kill many collation citizens as well as thousands across the globe and ruin countless lives. Yet weed is the big baddie ac cross the globe.........'it leads on to hard drugs like Heroin'.......while we are paying billions so our soldiers can walk through fields of the shit while doing nothing...............yeah, I hear the "but they need the crop to survive or they will run to the Taliban', but I can bet you more people die from Heroin overdoses in the UK each year as solders do in Afghanistan...........I smell a cat piss smelling smokescreen.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6119|eXtreme to the maX
From what I've seen short term, long term, light or heavy use changes people.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6824|Nårvei

Everything can be abused and misused, weed and alcohol are no exceptions ... weed can actually have therapeutic benefit for some ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6589|London
Drugs are bad m'kay- noone argues about this, most people doing pot at a recreational level know it but they're willing to take the risk for a bit of fun.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6009
It's funny, a natural herb is illegal but a processed substance with over 9000 chemicals is fine?
It's funny, one the government gets tax on, the other doesn't.

What does it matter what someone puts in their body as long as they don't harm another human being, none.

Another question, you go to a party and someone is loud, aggressive and wants a fight. Is he:

A) Drunk
B) Stoned
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5841

Varegg wrote:

Everything can be abused and misused, weed and alcohol are no exceptions ... weed can actually have therapeutic benefit for some ...
As can all drugs.  They get banned when they start being used for non-medicinal purposes.
Varegg
+2,206|6824|Nårvei

Hakei wrote:

It's funny, a natural herb is illegal but a processed substance with over 9000 chemicals is fine?
It's funny, one the government gets tax on, the other doesn't.

What does it matter what someone puts in their body as long as they don't harm another human being, none.

Another question, you go to a party and someone is loud, aggressive and wants a fight. Is he:

A) Drunk
B) Stoned
You can't boil it down to this, that's to simple ... it can be both or a mix between the two ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5841
A complex solution involving more than a single drug or an underlying problem in the person?

You're kidding, right?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6408|The Gem Saloon

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Varegg wrote:

As can all drugs.  They get banned when they start being used for non-medicinal purposes.
i for one would LOVE to know how crack cocaine has therapeutic benefits....
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5841
A possibility.

Whilst I don't know how accurate that info is, it was certainly used as a medicine for a time (although I'd like to amend my earlier statement to most, as AFAIK LSD and ICE are both purely "recreational" drugs).
Varegg
+2,206|6824|Nårvei

ZombieVampire! wrote:

A complex solution involving more than a single drug or an underlying problem in the person?

You're kidding, right?
Hm ... not sure if you are mocking me or the concept of a troublemaker using more than one drug at the same time ... or mental issues within the person using the drug/drugs ...
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5841
Actually, I was mocking the fact that people tend to blame actions on a single thing rather than acknowledging multiple causes.

In conclusion: sarcasm is hard on the internets, but I most certainly was not mocking you.
Varegg
+2,206|6824|Nårvei

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Actually, I was mocking the fact that people tend to blame actions on a single thing rather than acknowledging multiple causes.

In conclusion: sarcasm is hard on the internets, but I most certainly was not mocking you.
Goody ... because you're kidding right could have fooled me
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5841
Obviously it's now engineered for "recreation".  LSD may have been trialled as a useful drug, but AFAIK was never actually used as one.

Know where ICE comes from?  It's a methamphetamine, right?

Varegg:  That would be the sarcastic part.

If it makes you feel any better, my sarcasm gets taken seriously IRL all the time.  Me and my friend both deliver sarcasm in a deadpan manner, expecting the ridiculousness of what we're saying to demonstate it.  In reality, it usually just ends with me getting chased by a horde of angry people who I've just offended.

Last edited by ZombieVampire! (2008-06-03 07:09:28)

Varegg
+2,206|6824|Nårvei

Sarcasm online is often misunderstood seeing as the tone of voice often underline it IRL ...

I've walked into the same trap myself numerous times
Parker
isteal

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Obviously it's now engineered for "recreation".  LSD may have been trialled as a useful drug, but AFAIK was never actually used as one.

Know where ICE comes from?  It's a methamphetamine, right?
im going to try and find the info regarding its actual use in therapy, etc....
there was a doctor who actually performed psychedelic therapy.
ill try and find it, but i dont want to use wiki.

like i said, i think there are therapeutic values, but it is much too dangerous to try....too many things that can go wrong.
i dont really know how to explain it, but if you eat acid and you arent in the right place, you can really fuck up your head.
not familiar with ice....i would imagine its meth, but it could be pcp or any of those other really cool ones.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5841
I know a guy who's convinced of a higher plane of existence due to his LSD trips.

He's a nice guy, just so long as you don't let him ramble on when he's drug (which can be..........uncomfortable).
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6685|UK
I'll take weed over booze

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rati … nce%29.svg

It's from the Lancet before you cry over wiki
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Parker wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Varegg wrote:

I thought you already knew.
Parker
isteal

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

did your family like europe?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA

Parker wrote:

lowing wrote:

Parker wrote:

did your family like europe?
We had a great time Parker, Konigsee and Hinteree were amazing. Basically all around Baveria. Hated to leave. Now, I am set to go back to the sandbox tomorrow, what a contrast.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard