ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6367|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
For my summer reading this year we get to chose a book to read, as long as it is some kind of biography and the person did something major in their life to help others.
I was thinking that Bob Marley would be an interesting choice, but am looking for other suggestions.

BTW, the whole thing about the person helping someone can be taken pretty loosely, because I'm sure I can find a way to spin it to make it look like they helped.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5968|Washington DC
Martin Luther King?
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6185|Wisconsin
Well, there are plenty.. it would help if you narrowed down the topic a bit though.. interests? If you like sports.. you could do Jackie Robinson or something.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6367|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Although I like sports, they usually don't make for interesting books, so I'm gonna stay away from them.

It could be anything really, just someone that's interesting and would be fun to read about.  Maybe some cool war figures?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6318

The man who invented the condom...

But seriously, maybe Alexander Fleming, the guy who invented penicillin or a US president you found has made a difference.

If you want to push it a little, read Tim Allen's Autobiography. It's hilarious! (Everyone needs a laugh....that's something major)
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6185|Wisconsin
Abe Lincoln?
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6198|14072

ceslayer23 wrote:

Maybe some cool war figures?
Douglas MacArthur
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6395|New York
This guy didn't do shit to help anyone, but it was an interesting read: A Heartbreaking work of Staggering Genius by Eggers.

I'd recommend it if you want something good to read that's a bit different.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6749|Reality
My Left Foot by Christy Brown

Very inspirational book.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
I have this book. The creator of Conan The Barbarian was a very interesting fellow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_C … vin_Howard
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6462|The edge of sanity
Ben Franklin, or something on Patton I would say.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6558|Scotland
Anthony Keidas, singer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Amazing story and filled with lots of cool sex and drug stories if you can get away with it.
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6499|Land of Cotton
I liked "A Simple Mind". Mathematicians are brilliant nuts.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6728|Indianapolis, IN
Read Rothbard's biography on the on of the greatest economists of our time: Ludwig vonMises.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
Ranulph Fiennes is a very interesting man - he has an incredible life story. (ie kicked out of army for stealing explosives, first person to get to both poles unsupported or something like that...first person to do complete journey around the world and going to both poles etc)

On his expedition around the world, he helped raise over £10 million for charity....check his autobiography out, Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know - it's a great book and a great read.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard