.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6600|The Twilight Zone

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Amplified crap is still crap, you know. If he's listening from the computer, I'm quite certain he can obtain whatever colouration X amp would produce through software.
So you're saying Essence is crap? And I'm pretty sure those cans require more than 35 ohms to get the most out of them (check specs to be sure)
I'm not saying the Essence STX is crap, I'm saying it's made for heavier phones. His new phones are 32Ω, and thus quite light to drive.

And I'm saying that if you won't get much better output than you get input. If you have a rollercoaster of a frequency curve in and 10% distortion, an amp won't magically fix that. If you've got (like with the Xonar) a completely flat curve with 0.006% THD, an amp will only add noise and colouration to it.

And what the hell do you mean by "I'm pretty sure those cans require more than 35 ohms to get the most out of them"? That doesn't even make any sense.
Didn't understand a word of what you just said. Stick with audio.
You said DX outputs 32ohms so I said those cans might require more. So you won't get the most out of your cans if they need more gain then the output on his card gives.
And no soundcard without an amp is made for "heavier cans", even my EMU which has a headamp can't power my HD600s properly.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6344|Winland

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

So you're saying Essence is crap? And I'm pretty sure those cans require more than 35 ohms to get the most out of them (check specs to be sure)
I'm not saying the Essence STX is crap, I'm saying it's made for heavier phones. His new phones are 32Ω, and thus quite light to drive.

And I'm saying that if you won't get much better output than you get input. If you have a rollercoaster of a frequency curve in and 10% distortion, an amp won't magically fix that. If you've got (like with the Xonar) a completely flat curve with 0.006% THD, an amp will only add noise and colouration to it.

And what the hell do you mean by "I'm pretty sure those cans require more than 35 ohms to get the most out of them"? That doesn't even make any sense.
You said DX outputs 32ohms so I said those cans might require more. So you won't get the most out of your cans if they need more gain then the output on his card gives.
And no soundcard without an amp is made for "heavier cans", even my EMU which has a headamp can't power my HD600s properly.

You just lost the last credibility you had with me.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Well your reply just proves your knowledge about headphones and headamps in on zero. Thats all you have to say? My answer is valid, you can be sure of that.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6344|Winland

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Well your reply just proves your knowledge about headphones and headamps in on zero. Thats all you have to say? My answer is valid, you can be sure of that.
You don't even know the difference between Ohm and Watt. Two basics when dealing with ANY audio gear.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

You don't even know the difference between Ohm and Watt. Two basics when dealing with ANY audio gear.
You don't seem to know the point in gain. I'm not going to try to explain it to you as it will be pointless. High ohm cans need to be feed with power. You should have known that by now
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6344|Winland

No shit, Einstein. In this thread, you've proven that you don't know what the word amplify means, that you believe in magic, and that you don't even know the simplest of basics in audio tech.

I'm gonna leave it here and let you go live in your little world of magic headphone amps that output resistance
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6561|Finland

come on guys. Pleeeeeaaaseeeee keep the constant audiotalk in the other thread. Every day when I open this thread there is arguing going on about something audio related.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
.Sup
be nice
Sure an amp can amplify the sound but do we buy headamps to amplify the sound? To certain degree yes as full sized cans need more power but you can amplify it in your media playeras well so why get a standalone amp? Cans need power only amps can provide and an amp will reveal the true quality of any headphone if its at least decent. You have obviously never heard a standalone amplifier but you talk like you have a dozen of them at home. Folks who I know and built amps by themselves would have a nice laugh if they read what you dispute
Brasso
+1,549|6777

Freezer7Pro wrote:

If you start an audio thread in Tech, there will be a shitstorm.
Please start an audio thread in Tech!
Only because it keeps reappearing in the "What tech did you buy today?" thread.  Just make an audio thread and argue there ffs.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Defiance
+438|6818

haffeysucks wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

If you start an audio thread in Tech, there will be a shitstorm.
Please start an audio thread in Tech!
Only because it keeps reappearing in the "What tech did you buy today?" thread.  Just make an audio thread and argue there ffs.
They did, it lasted for all of a week before they forgot to bookmark the thread.
Stimey
­
+786|6267|Ontario | Canada
Freezer you made a fucking thread yourself for derails of this thread.
Fucking use it, god damn.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6853|67.222.138.85
-----------------------------------------------------

Next user to have three continuous posts referencing another in any manner except "amagad I want that" gets a temp.

-----------------------------------------------------

I am leaving the off topic posts for now so that you may transfer them if you want, because I am too lazy at the moment. Otherwise I'll delete in a few days.

Also, stuck.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6344|Winland

A Luxman L-120A!

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/IMG_0372-1.jpg

I got it for practically nothing, 150€ is less than a third of what they usually go for. I just gotta get some new caps for it, the originals from 1983 are a bit, er, done for, considering that capacitors don't usually perform good for more than about 8 years at max. It's not so bad, though, caps are cheap.

Specs:

2x100W into 8Ω
>106dB SNR
0.01% THD at rated Wattage
2-band EQ, 150/300/600Hz low-pass and 1500/3000/6000Hz high-pass. +/-10dB. Bypassable.

It's sex.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-04-25 09:24:00)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5935|Catherine Black
Sexy.

Nice choice on sticky btw Flaming.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6647|so randum
freezer, ever thought of reboxing your stuff? cause although it's grade A and all, it looks messy as hell.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6344|Winland

FatherTed wrote:

freezer, ever thought of reboxing your stuff? cause although it's grade A and all, it looks messy as hell.
What exactly do you mean?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6714|NYC / Hamburg

ohh, look at all those buttons and dials
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6647|so randum

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

recasing them. so it all matches. i know thats only an aesthetic thought
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6344|Winland

FatherTed wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Recase what?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6647|so randum

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Recase what?
all the sound stuff you have grouped together. a group i was in in design tech did something similar, looked good.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6561|Finland

Hmph cancelled the Enermax order and ordered Corsair TX850W for 135€.
It is available immediately.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Brasso
+1,549|6777

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
csmag
+92|6593|Canada

haffeysucks wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
corsair is sexy
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6561|Finland

csmag wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
corsair is sexy
besides the saved money will be put in DX11 hardware
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6344|Winland

FatherTed wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Recase what?
all the sound stuff you have grouped together. a group i was in in design tech did something similar, looked good.
https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/IMG_00752.jpg

I don't see any need for that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard