FloppY_
­
+1,010|6432|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

justice wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

He can also afford 3 GTX 285s, so why not? It sure as hell can eat every game coming out for breakfast for a long time.
Don't need to add anything to that really....I don't want to upgrade for a LONG time, and gaming requirements seem to change at a crazy rate, so thinking for the future was part of my thought when purchasing.

I don't have any time spare right now, so paying extra for building and extensive testing is fine by me, besides I don't know how to set up a water-cooled system, who knows what damage I would do to my new components lol.

Floppy I like the way you say it's a waste of money when I haven't even said how much I paid for it yet.
You obviously have no idea about how companies assemble your PCs... they just throw the shit together and see if windows boots... if anything, they run UT2004 to see if it overheats... other than that... your extensive testing is but a pricetag
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6560|Finland

FloppY_ wrote:

Getting something that is only marginally better than the model 1 step lower at half the price = idiocy

And maybe if you would stop buying those WD Raptors you wouldn't be able to hear your HDD's... My samsung F1 1TB & 500GB WD ??? drive makes nearly no sound... why the **** would i pay 10x more for flash drives?

@ GFX cards, that is just one dumb comment, go find a game that wont run perfect with only 2 285GTXs...

Now stop beeing such a douche
For now... when that 2 card setup can't run a game at playable settings, the 3 card setup does. He is going all out watercooling and its pain in the ass to switch cards then.

You obviously seem to know nothing about SSDs, so don't even start....

You seem to have Corsair Dominators, are you now idiot because you didn't get the cheapest?

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-08-13 17:30:35)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Getting something that is only marginally better than the model 1 step lower at half the price = idiocy

And maybe if you would stop buying those WD Raptors you wouldn't be able to hear your HDD's... My samsung F1 1TB & 500GB WD ??? drive makes nearly no sound... why the **** would i pay 10x more for flash drives?

@ GFX cards, that is just one dumb comment, go find a game that wont run perfect with only 2 285GTXs...

Now stop beeing such a douche
For now... when that 2 card setup can't run a game at playable settings, the 3 card setup does. He is going all out watercooling and its pain in the ass to switch cards then.

You obviously seem to know nothing about SSDs, so don't even start....

You seem to have Corsair Dominators, are you now idiot because you didn't get the cheapest?
Congratulations, your argument is again, dumb, douché and arrogant....

HDD's do the job fine and dandy, why pay 10x more?

My Corsairs happen to come with a lifetime warranty, unlike the cheap brands, and if you werent so ignorant, you would notice that they are only 1066Mhz, which means they are dirt cheap...
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6560|Finland

You come here offending ppl because they just got some hw you don't have. And I am douche?

Oh and the cheapest possible DDR2 I could find had lifetime warranty...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
ghettoperson
+1,943|6795

If he's got the money to pay someone to assemble a kick ass PC, good for him. If you don't know what you're doing with WC loops, it's certainly the right way to go about it, rather than get Alienware to build you something shit for the same money.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6884|Toronto | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

You obviously have no idea about how companies assemble your PCs... they just throw the shit together and see if windows boots... if anything, they run UT2004 to see if it overheats... other than that... your extensive testing is but a pricetag
Clearly you dont have any idea either.  I work for a company like that and your ignorance is pretty obvious.  Why would we make the computer as shitty as possible so we have to waste more of our hours repairing it (for free since it'll be under warranty)?  It just doesn't make sense.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6887|OctoLand

FloppY_ wrote:

lol wrong, I've seen what these people do and the time they invest in doing it, it's a small family run company where 99/100 customers are happy, and the owners communicate with you personally over the phone.
I know fucking karate
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6591|EE Chat
xcuz me but go post your arguments in that other thread for arguments. kthxbai
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6765|Auteuil, Laval
Just back home with an Ibanez bass GSR200 & amp SWX100.

Woot!  Time to slap and pinch those cords.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6535

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Just back home with an Ibanez bass GSR200 & amp SWX100.

Woot!  Time to slap and pinch those cords.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5934|Catherine Black
Just ignore Floppy I think he's on his period or something.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5896|شمال

Gooners wrote:

Holy FUCK @ your pc m8.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

Just ignore Floppy I think he's on his period or something.
apparently I am
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6867|Ireland | Monaghan

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/IrishGrimReaper/102_1248.jpg
https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/IrishGrimReaper/102_1243.jpg
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6353
I paid someone £35 to assemble my pc from components I bought.

I made triple sure they used AS5 which i had bought etc.

They even did proper cable management for me which was nice.

I only got it done as i was ill but i will be paying them every time now
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6343|Winland

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/Dacmagic2.jpg

A Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 2. A guy had it lying around, and he figured that I might as well take it.

It's quite a nice performer for its age (14 years), but it's not even close to my Xonar, so I think I'm gonna let a mate have it. He's using my old Soundblaster Live, with about 70dB SNR
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6276|Carnoustie MASSIF

Freezer7Pro wrote:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/ … magic2.jpg

A Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 2. A guy had it lying around, and he figured that I might as well take it.

It's quite a nice performer for its age (14 years), but it's not even close to my Xonar, so I think I'm gonna let a mate have it. He's using my old Soundblaster Live, with about 70dB SNR
That's pretty tidy looking actually.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5896|شمال
My lil sis gave me this phone. Nice small one that can send and receive msgs/calls
https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Middleeaster/IMG_4498.jpg
And I found this lovely big mousepad in the garbage
https://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Middleeaster/IMG_4494.jpg
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6343|Winland

SirSchloppy wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/ … magic2.jpg

That's pretty tidy looking actually.
...?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5934|Catherine Black
That is quite aesthetically pleasing, despite my previous thoughts on the matter.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6343|Winland

Finray wrote:

That is quite aesthetically pleasing, despite my previous thoughts on the matter.
I'm just not sure about what he was referring to; being sarcastic about my messy desk or saying that the DAC has a nice finish.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6560|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

I'm just not sure about what he was referring to; being sarcastic about my messy desk or saying that the DAC has a nice finish.
desk isn't even all that messy tbh... big difference to what it used  to be one day
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6343|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

desk isn't even all that messy tbh... big difference to what it used  to be one day :P
:o
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6989|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Bought an external casing for 2 hard drives.
https://tolvutaekni.is/images/vantec/NexstarMX-big.jpg

Bought a 1TB Samsung drive

Bought a 160GB 2.5" IDE drive (upgrade from 60GB on my lappy)
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6643

Sydney, will you post a review after you've had it awhile?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard