Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6734|Madrid, Spain
Hi!

Well I would like to know if the new booster pack will be for BF2 or for SF...
or for both? I mean launching SF will bring me the new stuff?

If so (hope it), SF will finally have a map with jets (that sucks) so the ribbon
will be obtainable I guess.

I hope the booster pack will be for SF users too and not only for BF2 core game.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6744
from what i read on the official site the booster packs will be for neither. they will be like a seperate mod. they will have diffrent weapons and diffrent vehicles. well that what i gathered from the official announcement on the bf2 main site.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

yea its just like a mod, only those open maps with planes will seperate the noobs from the not noobs, which will be rather nice
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6734|Madrid, Spain
You mean I will have ANOTHER shortcut on my desktop??? Another app??? Another dilemma???

Now it already sucks I have to decide which maps I am going to play (mmm today I feel Karkand or I am in a Iron Gator mood) by choosing which game I launch.

I can't believe they will run euro forces servers with only 3 maps!!! this can't be true....

I want to believe all the fixes and new stuff from the booster pack will be featured when I launch my special forces shortcut on my bloody desktop. And they should be available for original bf2 game users, too.

Any ideas what's going to happen about this?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

i need more icons, i have BF2, SF, and DoD:S, no more
jhoo8116
+0|6732|Seattle
New unlocks for Sniper and AT kits... nice.

Would love a new sniper rifle.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6734|Madrid, Spain
I know about that but can you answer my question?
jhoo8116
+0|6732|Seattle
Hmmm...

I doubt they can fix SF such that we need not restart the game to get between SF and BF2-Vanilla. If that is really the case, putting in the grappling hook, zipline and some SF features required some irreconcilable changes to the game engine.

If the Booster Pack has no zipline, hook, and all, I think it'd be integratable with BF2-Vanilla... and therefore, you'd not be required to restart your game when you switch from a BF2-Vanilla to EuroForce, or the other way around.

And unlocked weapons 'd be available in all 3 versions.

~~~

As I typed the above, I wondered: What if a server has a map cycle that has EuroForce and Vanilla maps? What if someone on the server did not buy the booster pack, and the next map is a EuroForce map? Probably then, the person 'd just be kicked, and a notification pops up to tell you that you don't have the required map.

Is there any server out there that cycles between Vanilla and SF maps? I guess when the transition comes... everyone will suddenly thrown out of the game... and the whole restart happens sans trailer n all. Is it possible at all?

My assumptions 'd be off if EA can actually integrate SF into vanilla, but did not, just to ease the process of seperating ppl with SF and ppl without (so as to avoid the map change issue). However, seeing the huge difference is lagging and loading time between vanilla and SF, I am betting on the former: that SF requires messing with the engine so much that we cannot just have one icon.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6734|Madrid, Spain
Oh my
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6772|Cambridge (UK)

stryyker wrote:

i need more icons, i have BF2, SF, and DoD:S, no more
I run multiboot and my current 'games boot' is a tad crowded - so I'll soon be reformating another partition so that I can build a 'BF2 boot' - all it's going to have installed on it is XPpro, BF2, BF2:SF and FireFox - nothing else - not a sausage. (apart from essential drivers and the like, obviously)
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6784
what i think abouth the booster pack is tha would be for the vanilla version, i mean the maps would be placed in the vanilla folder and the new vehicules would be just for these new maps, the new weapons(EF army) would be the tier 3 and the sniper and AT unlocks are not part from the booster, but the 1.2 patch (wich are tha last 2 unlocks of the tier 2)
AdamEcks
+1|6709|Canada, Eh.
Here's my question:

Do all you have to quite SF to play original maps? Because for me, it doesn't matter what game I open, both original and SF maps show up. The only difference I can notice is in BFHQ. When I launch the original I can only see those badges, when I launch SF I can see both.
Azygos666
+0|6715
Im more wondering about how they are going to work the unlocks...For example I am sure that many of the forum readers here where veteran BF2 players when SF came out.  Did you have to wait until a promotion to get any of the new unlocks?  Is that how the new unlocks are going to work with v 1.2/Euro Forces?  Unfortunately I started playing BF2 and SF at the same time, so now that I am getting halfway to my First Sergeant promotion Im debating if I should wait until the new patch comes out before getting promoted..especially if I will have to wait until Sergeant Major promotion to unlock a new sniper rifle if thats the case. 

-Wolf
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6772|Cambridge (UK)

AdamEcks wrote:

Here's my question:

Do all you have to quite SF to play original maps? Because for me, it doesn't matter what game I open, both original and SF maps show up. The only difference I can notice is in BFHQ. When I launch the original I can only see those badges, when I launch SF I can see both.
And you waited all of 18minutes before copying this post into a whole new thread!

Anyway, see my reply in the new thread...
dalfiuss
+1|6837
The booster is for the vanilla version of the game, it is not a mod, it is a simple addition to the game.
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6689|UK
Im guessin they're gonna be the same style as SF, u get the new features in the actual program and then the new unlocks can be transfered to standard BF2. Thats just going on past experience tho! they may suprise us all!
Nicodemus.....J3
+3|6688

Azygos666 wrote:

Im more wondering about how they are going to work the unlocks...For example I am sure that many of the forum readers here where veteran BF2 players when SF came out.  Did you have to wait until a promotion to get any of the new unlocks?  Is that how the new unlocks are going to work with v 1.2/Euro Forces?  Unfortunately I started playing BF2 and SF at the same time, so now that I am getting halfway to my First Sergeant promotion Im debating if I should wait until the new patch comes out before getting promoted..especially if I will have to wait until Sergeant Major promotion to unlock a new sniper rifle if thats the case. 

-Wolf
If it works like SF did, the unlocks will work with your rank that you already have.  When I purchased SF I had 4 unlocks...when I launched SF and got my first point in the game, I logged out, logged back in, and four unlocks popped up.  I'm pretty sure when I reach 20,000 (this weekend?) that I'll check two more unlocks, one for BF2 and one for SF.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard