Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5825
Hi thar, just wondering if maybe someone can shed some light on a couple of questions I have

1: Do Xbox 360's have regions (like dvd players and such) Would one bought off newegg work in Australia, with Australian games?

2: Is there any way to plug a 360 into my computer screen (it's a samsung 2243BW with VGA and DVI inputs)

Thanks for help in advance guys
02fxnmaurer
+75|6482|Birmingham UK
1) yes they are region coded....but they can be chipped to play otherwise

2) yes xbox 360 vga cable, which can be converted to dvi through an adaptor
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5825
Bother.. With the chip thing, how much are they and where would I get one? Also do they void warranties and such

And with the VGA cable, what resolution does it use? Normal component res or closer to HDMI?

Thanks for the help so far
02fxnmaurer
+75|6482|Birmingham UK
chippin is illegal yes and it does void the warranty but means u can pick up games for like a fiver or w.e
the vga cable will play hd res on a 24 inch monitor yes
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5825
Damn. Looks like I might have to pay more and buy from Australia. Only reason I wanted to buy from America was for the cheaper prices

Thanks for the help anyway mate
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah
Dont buy a 360 considering the low reliability rate console that microsoft makes. Its not worth missing weeks of game play time and money even though it is Microsofts fault in the first place. Buy a ps3.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

The#1Spot wrote:

Dont buy a 360 considering the low reliability rate console that microsoft makes. Its not worth missing weeks of game play time and money even though it is Microsofts fault in the first place. Buy a ps3.
PS3 Fanboy? 

360 and PS3 have the same games except for a few exceptions such as Gears of War 2(360) or Metal Gear Solid 4(PS3).  After June 12, I'll have all next gen consoles but I'll probably stick with the PS3 since I can play my old PS2 games on it.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6550|CH/BR - in UK

PC gaming ftw >.>
But yeah, first post explained it all, I think.
And, if you're going to buy a console, buy the insanely heavy PS3 - graphics look amazing, and it has lots of potential.

-konfusion
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone

konfusion wrote:

PC gaming ftw >.>
But yeah, first post explained it all, I think.
And, if you're going to buy a console, buy the insanely heavy PS3 - graphics look amazing, and it has lots of potential.

-konfusion
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

The#1Spot wrote:

Oh lord. Will you shut up? Seriously. He's getting a 360, don't use your fanboy tactics to try to swing him another way.
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine

The#1Spot wrote:

Don't be stupid and it won't fail.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6695|The Ville
If your thinking about buying one, you might want to wait till the xbox ultimate comes out in September.
Volatile
+252|6705|Sextupling in Empire

CrazeD wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

Don't be stupid and it won't fail.

Superslim wrote:

Bastards...

I bought my son an xbox 360,

It broke down, waited 3 weeks for a repair. They sent back a refurbished unit.

Worked for a week and then crashed. Been waiting for over 3 weeks for a shipping box that was promised to arrive with in a week.

Got on the phone to some supervisor ( from India?)

Told him that waiting 3 weeks for a new unit was bullshit. He said I cursed, and ended the call. Prick hung up on me.

I called backl after 11:00 PM, they were closed. Fucken assholes... I'm gonna kick some hard core ass tomorrow.

WTF we work hard for our money to be treated like this????

I'm gonna phone those picks every hour until I get  satisfaction, which is what I paid for, a working fucken Xbox360!!!
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
Ive had a 360 for over 2 years, April 05 to be exact. Only issue Ive ever had is Oblivion freezing up... after over 150 hours played in game, so after I beat every main mission. No fail here, just long playtime...
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5825
The main thing that made me want a 360 was so I could add all my friends on Xbox Live, and the achievements.

But if PS3 is that much better, it would be no hassle getting one of those instead. Really I'll choose on what is more practical for me.

Does the PS3 have region coding aswell? Because if it doesn't, that could be the deciding factor.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
Sony scrapped region games for the PS3 from what ive heard. So no its doesnt use region coding. Atleast I dont think so, might need a confirmation on that.
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5825
That's awesome, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for all the answers so far
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6130|North Tonawanda, NY
This article is from 2006, but it seems to agree.  http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697656p1.html

Be wary of PAL/NTSC standards though.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

Vilham wrote:

Sony scrapped region games for the PS3 from what ive heard. So no its doesnt use region coding. Atleast I dont think so, might need a confirmation on that.
I can confirm it doesn't (use region coding), my CoD 4 is for Yankistan but it works on my PS3

https://i31.tinypic.com/28lxmjt.gif

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-05-28 09:40:10)

Defiance
+438|6671

Poseidon wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

Oh lord. Will you shut up? Seriously. He's getting a 360, don't use your fanboy tactics to try to swing him another way.
The melodrama in this post is palpable.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California
In standard def for TV PS3 uses the regional codes I think? Any ways your talking DVI, standard def is for poor people.
loop eneg
Banned
+51|5817|Crossroads, Barrens, Dreamaul
My completely unbiased opinion as a PC gamer is you're better off going with a PS3

Pic sorta related

https://i29.tinypic.com/1z1a4h1.jpg
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5825

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I can confirm it doesn't (use region coding), my CoD 4 is for Yankistan but it works on my PS3
So if I were to buy a PS3 from Newegg, it would play Australian games, blueray and dvds?

Last edited by Mattimus (2008-05-28 23:30:45)

joker8baller
+68|6667
Haha, take Bioshock off the list of exclusives for the 360... Comin to PS3

Honestly, coming from a PS3 fanboy. Get what you want. I owned the xbox and while it was fun, their exclusives weren't my gaming style... Anything that's not exclusive is played on my PC .

Last edited by joker8baller (2008-05-28 23:44:55)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

Mattimus wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

So if I were to buy a PS3 from Newegg, it would play Australian games, blueray and dvds?
No, only games. DVDs and Blue-rays still have regions. Still, if you haven't bought a console already, I would reccomend getting a PS3. Mostly because of Blue-ray, GT5 and better "foreign periferal" support (wheels, joysticks, etc). I'm not bringing in the stability issue, because the new XBox models are much better.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard