max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6583|NYC / Hamburg

Recently I've been messing around with stylish. I've always wanted the forums to be full width, so after some searching I came across this. With that style alone, the text of the post itself is still fixed to the standard width of the forum as you can see here:
https://i26.tinypic.com/2juus3.jpg

as a simple solution I added

div.postcontent { width: 85% !important; }

Code:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.bf2s.com") {
body.inner #page-1 { width: 100% !important; }
body.inner #page-1 { background: #474642 !important; }
body.inner #page-2 { background: url('http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6083/bf2sforumheadertq9.gif') top right repeat-x !important; }
div.txtarea { width: 100% !important; }
div.postcontent { width: 85% !important; }
}
now this works nicely when my window is maximized
https://i26.tinypic.com/2cdir6.jpg

but when I resize the window everything goes to hell
https://i29.tinypic.com/2gvlq1v.jpg

anyone have a smart idea?

Last edited by max (2008-05-24 16:24:10)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6647

my post
']['error
Banned
+630|6659|The Netherlands
Bought an 22" monitor today (19" 4:3 monitor died ), so this is very nice .
aimless
+166|6140|Texas
The site does what your second picture illustrates for me automatically. Is it opera thats doing it?
max
Vela Incident

']['error wrote:

Bought an 22" monitor today (19" 4:3 monitor died ), so this is very nice .
t'is

aimless wrote:

The site does what your second picture illustrates for me automatically. Is it opera thats doing it?
I didn't know opera could do that *bow*
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6508|N. Ireland
Yeah, run your windows in windowed mode. It's so much better once you get used to it.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

The forum CSS is designed so if you shrink the site, the posts shrink with it; so in essence, what you have done is that it stick to a certain width and breaks the forum. The width of the posts doesn't stay at 85%, so you can't add that in and hope it works when you resize.
max
Vela Incident

Thats what I feared, oh well

I'll just stick to maximized then
CrazeD
+368|6688|Maine
What you can do is just make it a fixed width based on your screen resolution and then when you shrink it makes a scrollbar (like it does now).
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

CrazeD wrote:

What you can do is just make it a fixed width based on your screen resolution and then when you shrink it makes a scrollbar (like it does now).
Then there would be no point in resizing.

But yeah, that does work. Just put in width: 1700px !important; instead of a %.
max
Vela Incident

Zimmer wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

good idea but it doesn't work either

https://i29.tinypic.com/r1c03c.jpg
CrazeD
+368|6688|Maine

Zimmer wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Well what's the point in resizing anyway?
max
Vela Incident

CrazeD wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Well what's the point in resizing anyway?
fair enough. I'm a bit of a perfectionist but I suppose it will have to do. I can switch off the style with 2 clicks anyways
/thread
/close
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

lulz, I know why it does that.

It's not POSTCONTENT you should be changing.

It's .postreply

So put in div.postreply { width: 90% !important; }
and you should be fine.
Brasso
+1,549|6645

that's what happens when i resize too.  but whatever, i never resize anyway.  and now i have full screen forums!
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
max
Vela Incident

https://i27.tinypic.com/24e2esh.jpg

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

ok
do this
.postreply { width: 100% !important; }
.postcontent {width 90% !important; }
.postmsg { width: 90% !important; }
.usermeta { width: 10% !important; }
max
Vela Incident

Zimmer wrote:

ok
do this
.postreply { width: 100% !important; }
.postcontent {width 90% !important; }
.postmsg { width: 90% !important; }
.usermeta { width: 10% !important; }
https://i27.tinypic.com/294jdec.jpg

Last edited by max (2008-05-24 18:00:23)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

Ok, it's working.
Just change .usermeta
To this
.usermeta { width: 200px !important; }
max
Vela Incident

https://i26.tinypic.com/x0sccg.jpg

EDIT: changing the 90 to 85 fixes full screen but resized is still buggered

EDIT 2: playing around with usermeta doesn't seem to change anything

Last edited by max (2008-05-24 18:09:39)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6771|Scotland

Meh, tomorrow I'll set up my own css to fix it all. I am just working on guesswork here.
max
Vela Incident

Zimmer wrote:

Meh, tomorrow I'll set up my own css to fix it all. I am just working on guesswork here.
thanks a lot
<3
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

That's sweet, cheers Max. I'll have a play with that on other sites I frequent. +1
max
Vela Incident

ghettoperson wrote:

That's sweet, cheers Max. I'll have a play with that on other sites I frequent. +1
thanks. 95% of the credit should go to Viper007Bond though. I only made the text full width which doesn't even work properly
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

Meh, I hadn't seen Vipers thread so it's handy you revived the idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard