Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng
Having recently bought CS:S, just for the hell of it, it installed Steam aswell. I think it's ridiculous that you have to start Steam to play.

And from having used it the few times I have, 5 out of 6 times it has frozen and crashed. And when it's running "perfectly fine" it's buggy, unresponsive and takes ages to load.

Without a doubt the worst program I have ever used.

PS: Don't join me on CS:S, I fucking suck at it..
#rekt
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

I think there is a steam issue today. Normally is works great (for me anyway).
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
Steam >
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6467

You suck.

Seriously speaking, Steam is awesome.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Brasso
+1,549|6629

steam is the best, wat u talkin bout

what's your steam name btw?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
csmag
+92|6445|Canada
I like steam!

Btw haffy, thats a sexy comp that you're getting in june.
Zefar
+116|6648|Sweden
Automatic updates to my games and no the way EA handle them where you need to go into another user account to be able to install it without problems.

Quick system of joining people in a game if they are in the Steam Cumminty chat or just in your friend window.

Overall a small program that barely takes any power and keep all of your games in one place.

Easy to re-install all the games you have by just backup all of those gfc files at SteamApps folder.

My Steam Nick is either Zukabazuka or Zefar. If the first one don't get you to my account the other will. Also those two names are so rare that I have yet to see another guy us it on Steam. Sweet imo.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

csmag wrote:

I like steam!

Btw haffy, thats a sexy comp that you're getting in june.
thanks dude.  i want to really enjoy my games now, no moar medium settings for me.  my computer is pretty old anyway, so i'm going all out (without overspending the money i anticipate for my birthday).
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6434
The pros outweigh the cons. Along with a update system and unified steam community system you also have the ability to redownload at any time you want to at no extra charge. The steam store is also great for buying games as (now) they have a very wide selection of games at (mostly) reasonable prices.

If you said it was bad four years ago, I would have agreed with you but its changed completely for the better.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2008-05-21 12:08:08)

d.Luxe
Banned
+64|5850

NooBesT wrote:

You suck.

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng
My Steam is mint_sauce_41

But seriously, I just think it is so bad. Waste of memory tbh.
#rekt
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Mint Sauce wrote:

Dont use it then? Simple no?

Steam work great for me...never had problem.

Easy to patch/re-install game.

Steam is win tbh.
Eldu
+62|6106|Belgium

NooBesT wrote:

You suck.

Yeah, I'm with the Fin on this one.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
Steam is great.  Today the server was down.  It runs smooth 99.9% of the time.
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
Steam is fantastic. It doesn't use many resources, patches games automagically, gives you a steam rating (SCREAMING EAGLES!!!), and is matched by the bf2s color scheme. What's not to like?
agent146
+127|6385|Jesus Land aka Canada

Mint Sauce wrote:

Having recently bought CS:S, just for the hell of it, it installed Steam aswell. I think it's ridiculous that you have to start Steam to play.

And from having used it the few times I have, 5 out of 6 times it has frozen and crashed. And when it's running "perfectly fine" it's buggy, unresponsive and takes ages to load.

you know what? lol zomg my cs s and dod s had been crashing recently as well.

but it worked before for years fine but now...its ...freezes and crashes. and i am like...screw it i am goign to play bf2!
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

haffeysucks wrote:

steam is the best, wat u talkin bout
Willis.
csmag
+92|6445|Canada

agent146 wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

you know what? lol zomg my cs s and dod s had been crashing recently as well.

but it worked before for years fine but now...its ...freezes and crashes. and i am like...screw it i am goign to play bf2!
Do you have an ati card?

Last edited by csmag (2008-05-21 18:57:29)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

Steam is a godsend to Australian gaming. 1/3 price games are

Except when the distributors turn into dickheads.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5833|Australia
TF2's fucking D3D errors are a joke. Steam/Valve and nvidia need to reach an agreement to fix it, its fucking annoying as half the people with 8 series cards cant even play properly.

I used to think it was good, but now its a bloody joke.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
David.P
Banned
+649|6272

Acreta wrote:

TF2's fucking D3D errors are a joke. Steam/Valve and nvidia need to reach an agreement to fix it, its fucking annoying as half the people with 8 series cards cant even play properly.

I used to think it was good, but now its a bloody joke.
Yeah no Shit! And all the bullshit bugs they say are fixed have just been reduced slightly.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I've never had an error with my 8600 GT.

..If that's what you're talking about.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
Put simply:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Steam is win tbh.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland
I'd rate steam amongst my top 5 applications on my computer. Fantastic application!
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Dont use it then? Simple no?
You have to use it to run CS:S.

Otherwise I wouldn't.
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard