Poll

What sort of video do u like most?

Full roundS30%30% - 9
All cutted and edited70%70% - 21
Total: 30
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6305|Netherlands
I have footage of a few rounds, but what do u like more, the full round (with a few parts fast forwarded) or all cuts?
Moist.Niek
+11|5975
cuts,dont want to see you walking..
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

What about story based vs frag vids?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!
Frag vid with long kill streaks and kills vs 3+ enemies, sped up or cut as long as the streaks are good.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

The whole round in 4x speed.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6676|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
karkand 1 kill scene spray and pray and nade spam plz
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA
I love Stored Based productions with fantastic editing, great player acting, and high action scenes with car chases, some mild-medium humor, and something unique/creative.

Unfortunately, they are pretty hard to come by these days.  A perfect example is "Chase at Fushe: The Movie"
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6294|The | Netherlands
Real action shots from public ownage, fun shots, epic shots and those things. Srsly, I do not enjoy watching some random person in a chopper server soloing and shooting other choppers all the time, if I'd want to see that I'd go play myself.
Safrguns
+105|6122
I like to see videos which clearly demonstrate a serious amount of effort in their production,
and a certain level of uniqueness and/or artistic flavor.
The best videos are those which are well rounded in all aspects which make them entertaining to include:
1. Uniqueness
2. Plot or Theme
3. Music and flow (timing)
4. Humor and/or Drama
5. skill and/or action
6. graphics and editing effects

I'm sure there are other aspects as well... but of these, 5 and 6 to me represent
two of the easiest parts of making a great video, while contributing the least amount to the overall value.
And, anytime one aspect is overused to compensate for a lack of others,
it becomes a detractor.

I would say focus on the more valuable aspects such as plot, theme, humor, etc.
Take "Mine" for example....  individually, many of the scenes while amusing were nothing spectacular.
BUT... their combination into a well rounded format with a humorous theme and plot made it one of
the most popular BF2 videos of all time.

On uniqueness...  Desktop battlefield comes to mind.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth.
LiGaLiZe
k?
+82|6111|sweden

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Frag vid with long kill streaks and kills vs 3+ enemies, sped up or cut as long as the streaks are good.
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6305|Netherlands
Video is going to be mostly piloting (not gunning) with dodging, ranging and some good action

Last edited by SamFisher199 (2008-05-21 11:26:50)

pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6396|Earth
Full round is only good for jet/heli videos. I like longer clips or kill streaks, with a wide variety of weapon usage. Drag shot videos and medic videos are cool for the first 45 seconds and then they just make me want to kill myself. The perfect example would be the video RiceKrispie made awhile back. Just search for Rice on a Roll in the media and you will see, it is the best frag video I have ever seen. Usage of every kit, long kill streaks, sniping and medic in the same video. What more could you ask for. Also, no shitty techno music. It is like everybody gets together and has a vote on what the worst possible music they could put in a frag video, and then use what gets the highest vote.

Btw, Cutted is not a word. Cut would be the proper form of the word to use there.

Last edited by pyscofrawg (2008-05-21 13:16:57)

Signature
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6305|Netherlands
Full round is only good for jet/heli videos.
Ok...

Also, no shitty techno no music.
No music???

Btw, Cutted is not a word. Cut would be the proper form of the word to use there.
I rly dont care, but thanks anyway
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6305|Netherlands

Safrguns wrote:

I like to see videos which clearly demonstrate a serious amount of effort in their production,
and a certain level of uniqueness and/or artistic flavor.
The best videos are those which are well rounded in all aspects which make them entertaining to include:
1. Uniqueness
2. Plot or Theme
3. Music and flow (timing)
4. Humor and/or Drama
5. skill and/or action
6. graphics and editing effects

I'm sure there are other aspects as well... but of these, 5 and 6 to me represent
two of the easiest parts of making a great video, while contributing the least amount to the overall value.
And, anytime one aspect is overused to compensate for a lack of others,
it becomes a detractor.

I would say focus on the more valuable aspects such as plot, theme, humor, etc.
Take "Mine" for example....  individually, many of the scenes while amusing were nothing spectacular.
BUT... their combination into a well rounded format with a humorous theme and plot made it one of
the most popular BF2 videos of all time.

On uniqueness...  Desktop battlefield comes to mind.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth.
Well im not really a creative guy, and i already recorded most of the video, its mostly about piloting a heli (public) not like a tutorial, just gameplay. It also has solo-blackhawking on 1.41. Its more a skill/action video then a video with a sotry, which is also not my intention. I still have to learn how to properly edit a video so its fun to watch.

About music, is it better to use english music, or doesnt it really matter?
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6396|Earth

SamFisher199 wrote:

Also, no shitty techno no music.
No music???
Oops, I just mean for it to be no shitty techno. Music is good, but nobody seems to put good music.
Signature
Safrguns
+105|6122

SamFisher199 wrote:

Well im not really a creative guy, and i already recorded most of the video, ...
I still have to learn how to properly edit a video so its fun to watch.
Making a video fun to watch REQUIRES creativity.

Maybe you should focus on that first before you waste all that valuable editing time.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6438|Chicago, IL
how about not a pwnage vid?

nobody cares
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6305|Netherlands
And how do i become creative?
I know its stupid question...

Last edited by SamFisher199 (2008-05-22 09:09:58)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6454|A W S M F O X
Pub streaks, no bf2pro failure, streaks, good beaty music, and a mix of inf and F35/chopper stuff, in particular solo chaingunning.
Safrguns
+105|6122

SamFisher199 wrote:

And how do i become creative?
I know its stupid question...
Everyone is creative, just as everyone has the capacity for leadership.
However, developing it requires effort.
Creativity begins with inspiration... an idea... and grows as you build
upon and around that central idea to make it happen.
Frequently, an original inspiration or idea spawns even bigger and
better ideas that require the abandoning of the original, so you have to
be open to that possibility.

Again, originality is key.

Its not a stupid question.
i g
Banned
+876|5855|GA

full rounds but speed up the [parts with no action
Nakamp
+25|6186|Czech Republic
No public, all cut and edited.