z.krypts
+0|6675|New england, USA
Who else here thinks that the guys at EA should've put the a-10 in the game.....
The rotory cannon on the front that makes a humming noise when you shoot is AWESOME!
idk why i posted this cuz i KNOW that they're not gonna do anything...
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6687|Howell, Mi USA
It would make sence to have an A-10. it's a low flying anti tank jet.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6704|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
It would be cool but it might be a bit overpowered, the A10 is my favourite plane in the whole world but i certainly wouldn't want to be blown to pieces by one in half a second in AA. Besides all this the US side in the game is the USMC and they don't use the A10. Check out the smoking habit on those bad boys

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a10_1.jpg
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6764|Atlanta, GA USA
Yeah A10s are badass.  You can blow the shit out of them and they don't go down.  I've heard of instances where like half the wing was blown off and the jet made it back to base.  And the minigun!  Holy shit, people bitch about the BHs!   That thing would shred everything.  I read somewhere that the Army was thinking about ditching them, and the USMC said "We'll take 'em if you don't want them".  Don't know if it is true or not...
JesusElSavior
+0|6724
Not only can they fly with half a wing missing, but an entire engine as well.  Badass jets they are!
shazbot101
+1|6696|Massachusetts
yea the warthog is indestructable. if EA ever put it into the game people who just absolutely whore with the chain gun, which in real life is about the size of a car!!  yea i did hear something about the army scrapping it too, it is starting to get pretty old.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6705|Hong Kong, China

JesusElSavior wrote:

Not only can they fly with half a wing missing, but an entire engine as well.  Badass jets they are!
Although this has been discussed before, you have your facts wrong, nothing can fly with only half a wing, it can fly with two thirds of its wing missing, not half.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6684
The A-10 would be great but wont a minigun that fires depleted uranium bullets bet overpowered. No one would use missles when you can just shread tanks apart. I think this would unbalance the game as much as trying to put LOSAT humvees in the game.

For the people who don't know what LOSAT is
LOSAT = Line Of Sight Anti-tank, which is a KEM (kenetic Energy Missile). Basically a guided missile that goes 5000 feet per second that kills tanks in one hit and fired from a expanded HUMVEE.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2006-01-11 14:48:39)

Charmin
+1|6686
Ya'll overlooking one GREATLY missed FACT

The A-10 can only fire two bursts at a time then needs a minute to cool down + adding the loss of a lot of speed would make it an easy target to whatever is left to shoot back.

And please dont call it a MINIGUN, its everything but mini, just think about it, 30mm 2 pound rounds, 7 totating barrels, the whole plane was designed around that gun.

AND, we already have that exact same gun on the USMC ship! Goalkeepers or Phalax is what they;re called, same gun just better cooled. And those in game kinda really suck ass. Takes forever to bullet down a heli.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6705|Hong Kong, China

Charmin wrote:

Ya'll overlooking one GREATLY missed FACT

The A-10 can only fire two bursts at a time then needs a minute to cool down + adding the loss of a lot of speed would make it an easy target to whatever is left to shoot back.

And please dont call it a MINIGUN, its everything but mini, just think about it, 30mm 2 pound rounds, 7 totating barrels, the whole plane was designed around that gun.

AND, we already have that exact same gun on the USMC ship! Goalkeepers or Phalax is what they;re called, same gun just better cooled. And those in game kinda really suck ass. Takes forever to bullet down a heli.
It's not the same gun. The things is about the size of a car, the USS Essex's anti air are acutally 20mm cannons.
Mini-gun = Blackhawk
20mm cannon = Fighter Jet gun
30mm cannon = A-10

Here's a short info on the A-10.
1) Can survive direct hits from armor-piercing and high-explosive projectiles up to 23mm

2) Self-sealing fuel tanks are protected by fire-retardant foam.

3) The cockpit are protected by 900 pounds (400 kg) of titanium armor

4) The placement of the engines partially shields them from anti-aircraft fire behind the wings and tail

5) Can fly even after the loss of one side of the tail, 2/3 of a single wing, and one engine.

6) Ugraded with Pave Penny laser sensor (marked target seeker) pod that allowed the pilot to direct laser-guided bombs against targets marked by friendly forces. ((Snipers really do need a lser to "light armour up".

7) Primary built-in weapon: 30 mm GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling gun, which is thehe most powerful aircraft cannon ever flown. Fires large, depleted uranium armor-piercing shells at a rate of 4,200 rounds per minute.
4200! 4200 rounds! Woot!

8) Principal weapon of the A-10 is the AGM-65 Maverick air-to-surface missile, with electro-optical targeting + better range

9) Additional weapons include: cluster bombs, rocket pods (like the helos), conventional and laser-guided bombs, ECM pod (jams missiles) and two AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles. Will be ungraded to carry smart bombs.

10) In the 2003 defeat of conventional Iraqi forces, captured Fedayeen terrorists referred to the A-10 as "the Devil's Cross" a name that was also used for it in Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising (1986). Captured Taliban and Al-Qaeda fighters referred to it as 'the silent gun'. The rounds hit their target before the target can hear the report of the gunfire.

What overkill. You can hear it, when you're dead, You can take out a engine, and he still has another engine and continues to fly. Fighter's can shoot it, but there's the two air-to-air missiles to worry about. The armour needs makes it so powerful that you can't blast it out with cannons and you can't even lock on with a damn Stinger! And they can bomb the crap outta the troops with 30MM CANNONS, GUIDED missiles, rockets and cluster bombs...900 gernades raining down on some very dead troops.

Estimated time EA will release A-10 on a map: 999999999999.9squared years.
Reason: Airplaning whoring would be unbearable and MEC and China would be complaining too much.

We have a threaad like this already.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=8245
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6747
Thought I might mention that in March with the second booster pack we probably will get it:

http://eagames.co.uk/news.read.asp?id=6200

"Armored Fury will be released on March 28th and the focus is on large mechanized battles, harking back to the El Alamein style maps on BF1942. There will be 3 new maps – "Midnight Sun", "Operation Harvest" and "Operation Road Rage" – but also 2 new vehicle classes. Attack Jets and Recon Helicopters, which can spot nearby enemy units, will make their debut."

Not Please 'Attack Jets' Could be it
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6705|Hong Kong, China
If one side has those, then MEC and China would need a equivilant. (Frogfoot, maybe?)
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6759|Arizona
Depleted uranium...yummie.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6705|Hong Kong, China
The A-10's gun firing sounds always struck me of a very dumb kid saying "TWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT."
Charmin
+1|6686
more like a 4-stroke without exhaust, whorethog
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ

shazbot101 wrote:

yea the warthog is indestructable. if EA ever put it into the game people who just absolutely whore with the chain gun, which in real life is about the size of a car!!  yea i did hear something about the army scrapping it too, it is starting to get pretty old.
They already scraped the manufactoring of the A-10's so they pull good parts off the old plains. I saw it on the History Channel. Also cause of there weight they have a problem with wing fractures.
section9
+9|6840|USA
maybe we'll see it in a future expansion or booster.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6747
http://totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51154 <--- As my earlier post stated

One A-10 & its MEC, PLA & EU Counterparts for the new Booster Pack
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6726|Oslo, Norway
in the beggining of the second gulf war there was this A-10 that got shot by an AA missile or something at the beggining of the  mission and flew the whole mission trough and back to base with one engine.
i would love the A-10 ingame, and the B-52, and the B-2 but those are definetly not coming
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

Cubanpenguin
+35|6670|Kingston, Canada
As much as I would love the A-10, It is currently been decomissiond and since BF2 is based in the future it shouldn't be in the game. As to the other sides not having it there is a plane called the "Frogfoot" i belive that the  arabs and chinise could have it instead. It has a similar sized gun the the GAU on the A-10

Here is the Su-25 Frogfoot, Its a russian jet
https://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hall/5777/su25_frogfoot.jpg
H0ly(rap
+10|6713|Nebraska
god the one thing that always amazes me about the A-10 is its 30mm cannon firing, GOD it is sweet just one big whoosh of a bullet barrage, damn that would be sweet to hear in action
Kniero
Banned
+1|6739|AZ
Well, guess it never phased them that the A-10 is going out of commission, and I didn't know it til some here said so. But anyways, the A-10 will be tight as hell, and by that time I'll have a joystick (as well as my computer) runnin'. OoOoOoOooooOO....
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6713|California

are you dissing the A10? cause i wont have any of that
Corrupt
+0|6833

Aquastorm wrote:

JesusElSavior wrote:

Although this has been discussed before, you have your facts wrong, nothing can fly with only half a wing, it can fly with two thirds of its wing missing, not half.
Wrong. One Inranain F15 Jret made it abck to base with the entire wing gone. (the pilot just left the burners on and used it as an impromptu rocket)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard