wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Wow. Shows what people can achieve if they actually try, unlike 99% of Wii devs.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
It's all and well doing it for one room with not much going on, but could they pull it off with a proper game with a lot of shit going on at the same time as all those effects?

But that's pretty good, although the Wii is not about graphics
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

That's great but the wii is still 480p @best. This is still amazing they can get this out the system.
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6351|Bromley, London

Does look very impressive.

I wonder what they could get out of PS3/360 if they really tried hard.

Like I believe with the PS2 the best graphics were achieved with God of War.
I wonder how long we will have to wait for someone to use 100% of the potential in the current next gen consoles.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

It's all and well doing it for one room with not much going on, but could they pull it off with a proper game with a lot of shit going on at the same time as all those effects?

But that's pretty good, although the Wii is not about graphics
Well it said somewhere the game runs at 30fps but are aiming for the "holy grail" of 60fps.
I'm glad someone commented on this thread my threads fail.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Wow. Shows what people can achieve if they actually try, unlike 99% of Wii devs.
It said somewhere that the wii uses some weird unconventional graphic mumbo jumbo which most of the 3rd part developers don't know how to utilise.

Last edited by wah1188 (2008-05-15 10:19:23)

Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5836

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

It said somewhere that the wii uses some weird unconventional graphic mumbo jumbo which most of the 3rd part developers don't know how to utilise.
Now once they get the graphics right, they just need to fix the shitty aiming system that you see oh so often in FPS on the Wii.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville
I love the Wii. I just need to stand away from my projector. I almost smashed my hand into it playing Wii bowling. That looks good.

Last edited by Obiwan (2008-05-18 12:08:26)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

teek22 wrote:

Does look very impressive.

I wonder what they could get out of PS3/360 if they really tried hard.

Like I believe with the PS2 the best graphics were achieved with God of War.
I wonder how long we will have to wait for someone to use 100% of the potential in the current next gen consoles.
Yeah, it'll be awesome when devs finally get that with these newer consoles.  One game comparison that really shows off their attained knowledge is Final Fantasy X and X-2 on the PS2.

I was playing X and then I put in X-2 and the framerates went up noticeably and the detail was heightened as well.  The characters had much more detailed facial expressions and movements which was absolutely amazing.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2008-05-21 14:58:31)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
killzone was pretty amazing for the ps2, if a little unloved.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6351|Bromley, London

FatherTed wrote:

Ditto. It was one of the best FPS on it, yet for some reason it was never a best seller.

I think with all the hype Killzone 2 is getting things will change.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Ah update save me making a new thread
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/887/887708p1.html

Scroll down to the video looks pretty decent can't wait to have it!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

FatherTed wrote:

Really? I almost bought a PS2 for it. The demo I played at a mate's house was epic.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5804|Australia
The physics looked a bit iffy, like that swaying chain thing, but getting that out of the wii? its impressive, hopefully it will have the gameplay to match.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard