sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina
What is the purpose of achievements if they make servers where you can get them with no effort?  I joined a couple of them and started killing medics with my pyro.  I was banned of course.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Stat padding ftl.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
My brother joined one last night:

https://www.mario-kart.net/gamespy/images/3146achievementbox_b30013.jpg

I have mixed feelings about the servers. On one hand, they are extremely lame. On the other hand, it keeps people from playing as retarded achievement grabbing medics on proper servers, which always ruins it for everyone else. On the third hand, if Valve hadn't made a lot of the achievements have such ridiculous requirements, maybe people wouldn't have to resort to that to get new weapons.

I've never been on one. All my achievements are legit.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-05-13 07:53:46)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6702
Yeah, I caught a certain "awsm" group doing a lot of that.....
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6435
They're very funny to ruin. That's the main purpose I see in them.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
They are for you to get Achievements. Because I want to get the achievements but don't want to have to play medic all the time. Also they keep people from padding in real servers.
b.branscombe
+5|6201
Meh.  I'd much rather have people padding there than have a medic uber a scout on a map that I'm actually trying to win.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

Fat_Swinub wrote:

They're very funny to ruin. That's the main purpose I see in them.
Yeah the things we did last time was nice.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5834|Australia
stupid thing is they are releasing them all at different intervals, which was EXTREMLY stupid.

What happens when the pyros come out?

line up the dots.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

Acreta wrote:

stupid thing is they are releasing them all at different intervals, which was EXTREMLY stupid.

line up the dots.
Spies are going to have an even harder time! Fucken Valve! You nerf him halfway to hell already and now you're giving pyro his unlocks to finish the job? Seriously WTF? Spy was still a viable class to play even after the sapper nerf because we still had our trusty knives, Then you go and reduce our chances from landing a backstab from 1 in 2 to 1 in 9? Now you go and pull this shit? Fuck this man, Valve doesn't give a fuck about Spies. You can see it in all the updates they've released. And no removing the teleporter trail from cloaked and disguised spies is not a buff! Thats one of the stupidest things they have ever done to the spy! You're only helping those that cant play Spy, Because Spies do not use tele's! Seriously Valve WTF?

This is why scout is my primary class now. God Damn Valve nerfing everything Great!
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6381|Bromley, London

David.P wrote:

Spies are going to have an even harder time! Fucken Valve! You nerf him halfway to hell already and now you're giving pyro his unlocks to finish the job? Seriously WTF? Spy was still a viable class to play even after the sapper nerf because we still had our trusty knives, Then you go and reduce our chances from landing a backstab from 1 in 2 to 1 in 9? Now you go and pull this shit? Fuck this man, Valve doesn't give a fuck about Spies. You can see it in all the updates they've released. And no removing the teleporter trail from cloaked and disguised spies is not a buff! Thats one of the stupidest things they have ever done to the spy! You're only helping those that cant play Spy, Because Spies do not use tele's! Seriously Valve WTF?

This is why scout is my primary class now. God Damn Valve nerfing everything Great!
dude wtf.

Backstabs are still from behind. I have never once noticed myself not getting backstab from behind.

Maybe learn to play the game, and the huge influx of pyros will only be for a few days as you have seen with the medic unlocks. so stop complaining about a game you love to play and just play it.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6435

Acreta wrote:

line up the dots.
More like line up the crit rockets.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
I just joined one and built up a sentry. it cleared the server
joker8baller
+68|6667

teek22 wrote:

David.P wrote:

dude wtf.

Backstabs are still from behind. I have never once noticed myself not getting backstab from behind.

Maybe learn to play the game, and the huge influx of pyros will only be for a few days as you have seen with the medic unlocks. so stop complaining about a game you love to play and just play it.
... Do you play much?

Facestabs are relatively easy to get, and today I got 4 in a row.. lol.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
https://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2743/achievementboxb30002kh9.jpg

I got it up to 206 before everyone left, but i forgot the screenshot. my stats show it though. lol

edit: to see better: http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2743 … 002kh9.jpg

Last edited by Kamikaze17 (2008-05-18 01:02:01)

dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5834|Australia

joker8baller wrote:

teek22 wrote:

David.P wrote:

dude wtf.

... Do you play much?

Facestabs are relatively easy to get, and today I got 4 in a row.. lol.
ignore him, hes made about 10 threads on "what would you do to make this game better" (ie, what i would do so i can be the best at this game) and "Why this game sucks and why my opinion is the only good one"

imo ive never noticed a spy not excelling, ive been backstabbed in the face about 10 times now as engy, facing out of a corner.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6702
Hmmmm, I'm actually getting a bit annoyed with the whole achievement thing. I just want to do the hard ones and be done with it.

I'm very tempted to join one.

Should I?
Eldu
+62|6107|Belgium

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Hmmmm, I'm actually getting a bit annoyed with the whole achievement thing. I just want to do the hard ones and be done with it.

I'm very tempted to join one.

Should I?
Ask friends to do them with you, but otherwise, just join one .
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6702
Just wondered. Is it acceptible to stat pad for achivements when all the classes have unlockables? But on the ones where you don't play as the class, for me I never play as the demoman, but would still love his unlockables
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6676|respawn screen
Play what you like. It's just a game. And if you feel bad about achievement servers, you can still go there, work on your bonesaw achievement (kill x medics with your bonesaw) and ruin the game for everybody else.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6702
Good, point. I don't really mind going on those servers and trying to bonesaw other medics. Then it's fair. Also the Scout one. Only if they don't LET you kill them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard