Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
I'm finding my self spending less and less time playing video games even though I work the same amount of hours I did 3 years ago.  I tend to think more before I do anything.  I'm having much more desire to go out and do things.  I tend to read way more than I use to.  I mean i'll be 23 on May 11 and my first thought was w/e I just didn't care.  The funny thing about all this... I actually like it.  The prospect of finally getting my own place in 3 months is fucking awesome and can't way.  I'm getting ready to move to a new job.  I actually like working more than 40hours a week.  I don't know what else to say.  I just like doing different things than I did 3 years ago. 

- Naturn
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6827|Lithuania
You're a little late for puberty, no?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
Yep, apart from one race at rFactor and a couple of games of Day of Defeat: Source I haven't really 'played' in about...2-3 weeks now. I enjoy spending time away from the computer as much as when I am at it, if not more. I have sold my games, joysticks...the only hint left is my Logitech G25 which I think I may just sell and get myself a widescreen monitor as this one is getting dodgier by the second, heh.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Naturn wrote:

I'm finding my self spending less and less time playing video games even though I work the same amount of hours I did 3 years ago.  I tend to think more before I do anything.  I'm having much more desire to go out and do things.  I tend to read way more than I use to.  I mean i'll be 23 on May 11 and my first thought was w/e I just didn't care.  The funny thing about all this... I actually like it.  The prospect of finally getting my own place in 3 months is fucking awesome and can't way.  I'm getting ready to move to a new job.  I actually like working more than 40hours a week.  I don't know what else to say.  I just like doing different things than I did 3 years ago. 

- Naturn
W00t! We has the same birthday! I'm only 6 yrs ahead of you
You like working more than 40h a week? That'll pass. And the part that you tend to think more means just that you're getting older and slower like the rest of us Well anyhoo, happy bd in advance O, and lately I've been playing a bit less but that's just because I've been hassling with my moving project. But I'll be dead before I quit playing!

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-05-08 23:58:14)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6480|Somewhere else

I am 26.. and still play games.  But I think I lost that true lust for gaming a long time ago.

I remember just being in awe of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 (U.S) and loving the Super Mario world like they were family or something.

I basically play to kill boredom, and it's not working so well anymore.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, I just stopped too one day

I used to play a LOT, like a LOT, mainly FPS...

Now im just so damn busy, ive basically stopped playing with my clan, I dont have the time, and when I do have the time I spend it with RL friends and my girl...

I look back on those days and think, "How the fuck did I spend that much time on those games?"

In the end though, I dont regret it, I had some REALLY fun times on those games and some great laughs with the people I played with

I still enjoy BF2 and BF2142 though, I think it was the oldness of those games and the lack of re-playability of COD4 that led to this, I got rank 55 on COD4 and maybe played 20 minutes since then, this was a few months ago...

Last edited by GodFather (2008-05-09 00:50:30)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I'm 32, maybe 33 I'm not sure, born Aug 75 and if someone wishes to do the maths please do. (and tell me)  I'm maturing quicker than anyone I know yet act more and more immature as each day passes.  Due to be a Grandad in Sept (Step Daughter) and I will still be clubbing when the sprog pops out.

I play less BF2 now than ever but rushed to get Mario Kart (wii) asap, us men will always love our toys, them girls will always love their shoes, sometimes that gets mixed up but usually only if you eat Quiche

Enjoy what spare cash you have now if your moving into your own place soon as it swollows the money up but not as quickly as kids do, just you wait till that chapter comes along.  1. Its ok to do kids things again but 2. You have to pay for your fun and theirs, but its well worth it.

Good luck in the new job and good luck in the new apartment, long may the happy days continue for you Naturn.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Lol 40 hours a week.

Double it and you get a big week for me. Average is about 60.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6133|Carnoustie, Scotland
I can't way either.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6562|Southampton, UK

kylef wrote:

Yep, apart from one race at rFactor and a couple of games of Day of Defeat: Source I haven't really 'played' in about...2-3 weeks now. I enjoy spending time away from the computer as much as when I am at it, if not more. I have sold my games, joysticks...the only hint left is my Logitech G25 which I think I may just sell and get myself a widescreen monitor as this one is getting dodgier by the second, heh.
Yeah, bar Nations Trackmania I haven't been on in weeks/months.
I think GF, Exams, Social life has taken over my urge to game.
I just can't be fucked with it anymore.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

1927 wrote:

I'm 32, maybe 33 I'm not sure, born Aug 75 ... Due to be a Grandad in Sept (Step Daughter) and I will still be clubbing when the sprog pops out.
Heh. When I read that grandad part I was like "dammit man, what are you, a new Sean Connery!?! ". I assume that Mrs 1927 is a bit older than you?
avman633
+116|6365
I've been slowly parting from video games too. Didn't play this whole week but thats because of the AP Euro exam.

Ultrafunkula wrote:

1927 wrote:

I'm 32, maybe 33 I'm not sure, born Aug 75 ... Due to be a Grandad in Sept (Step Daughter) and I will still be clubbing when the sprog pops out.
Heh. When I read that grandad part I was like "dammit man, what are you, a new Sean Connery!?! ". I assume that Mrs 1927 is a bit older than you?
She nearly 4 years older than me.  The step daughter (I love her as my own and bring her up that way) is 16.
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

1927 wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

1927 wrote:

She nearly 4 years older than me.  The step daughter (I love her as my own and bring her up that way) is 16.
Dammit, I meant 32 in your karma

Also, my dad was born Aug 1950! You're 25 years younger n about to be a grandad! mad

Last edited by bennisboy (2008-05-09 05:33:36)

bennisboy wrote:

1927 wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Also, my dad was born Aug 1950! You're 25 years younger n about to be a grandad! mad
It's a crazy ol scenario.  I was packing this girl off to Uni next year or so and I have always said how if she did get preggers I dunno if I'd cope.  Ive had my sleepless nights, wiping of shitty arses, 3am bottle feeds watching C5 football with John Barnes but its going to happen again.  Its no longer a n "If".  Half my family reckon she should be dragged down the doc's and the thing aborted, but I'm not like that, my job is too show her both sides of the coin and be behind her 100% whatever she chooses.  Well she can't turn back now she's going to have it and I will never turn my back on her as her Dad did.  It wasn't planned but I know she'll be fine.  Her bf is a cracking lad, one I would be proud to call "Son".  The only sad thing is through all this is its her last day in school today before exams, and they should be her only worries like all the other kids on here same age.

Im going to be a Grandad at 33, my daughter an Aunty at 7, it's 2008 and time to stick ya head down and get on with it.  I just hope kids can learn from this.  Yes it was a mistake, it wasn't planned but the day the baby pops out will be a joyous one of celebration not one of sadness.

One thing for sure, we won't be consuming any Quiche in my house that day, thank you very much.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Playing games or not playing games has nothing to do with maturity. I think choosing to wipe your own ass (so to speak) over an all day playing  binge is a sign of maturity. First goal: make it so your bed and computer aren't in the same room
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland

1927 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

1927 wrote:

It's a crazy ol scenario.  I was packing this girl off to Uni next year or so and I have always said how if she did get preggers I dunno if I'd cope.  Ive had my sleepless nights, wiping of shitty arses, 3am bottle feeds watching C5 football with John Barnes but its going to happen again.  Its no longer a n "If".  Half my family reckon she should be dragged down the doc's and the thing aborted, but I'm not like that, my job is too show her both sides of the coin and be behind her 100% whatever she chooses.  Well she can't turn back now she's going to have it and I will never turn my back on her as her Dad did.  It wasn't planned but I know she'll be fine.  Her bf is a cracking lad, one I would be proud to call "Son".  The only sad thing is through all this is its her last day in school today before exams, and they should be her only worries like all the other kids on here same age.

Im going to be a Grandad at 33, my daughter an Aunty at 7, it's 2008 and time to stick ya head down and get on with it.  I just hope kids can learn from this.  Yes it was a mistake, it wasn't planned but the day the baby pops out will be a joyous one of celebration not one of sadness.

One thing for sure, we won't be consuming any Quiche in my house that day, thank you very much.
Thats a great way to look at it, I'm pretty sure my dad would go mad in your position! But I bet your step-daughter is glad she has you there for her
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Yeah since ive come to uni i definitely game a lot less. I still greatly enjoy games though. I would also never consider reading anything to do with maturity, I have been reading books for 15 years, I never stopped reading since I was a kid.

bennisboy wrote:

1927 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Thats a great way to look at it, I'm pretty sure my dad would go mad in your position! But I bet your step-daughter is glad she has you there for her
When I told my family my Dad took it the best (really suprised me as he is 76 and a traditionalist, my Step Dad told me he was proud of what I said to her, his gf went nuts (got fuck all to do with her) and both my Sisters were split down the middle.  I know my Mum would be the same about it as I am.  I wasn't overly pleased with the situation but when you see loved ones distraught whilst you no longer dealing with an "If" its gotta be very hard to turn your back on her or walk away yaself.
avman633
+116|6365

jsnipy wrote:

Playing games or not playing games has nothing to do with maturity. I think choosing to wipe your own ass (so to speak) over an all day playing  binge is a sign of maturity. First goal: make it so your bed and computer aren't in the same room
Well I think not playing games or doing something enjoyable frequently is a sign of maturity. I think that shows self-control which is sort of representative of maturity. But I can see where you're coming from, where cutting down on games could have little representation of maturity.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

avman633 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Well I think not playing games or doing something enjoyable frequently is a sign of maturity. I think that shows self-control which is sort of representative of maturity. But I can see where you're coming from, where cutting down on games could have little representation of maturity.
Don't get me wrong, when my wife and kid leave town; I throw down. Depending on the grass height, I might play all day
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
Wow here are some colorful comments.

Anyways, there is more to it than what I said.  You guys can take what I said however you like but my point still stands.  I've changed over the past year or so and didn't even notice it until I talked with a friend of 3 years ago.  I mean I still love to play video games I just don't have the desire to play as long as I use too.  I find that I not really willing to play alone ether I won't jump on XBox Live unless there are a few friends on.  Also, I tend to get very annoyed by ignorance now and I use to ignore it.  My step dads side of the family is strongly racist and say things like "I won't vote for a nigger.".

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

You're a little late for puberty, no?
Depends on were your from.  Here puberty is defined by the chemical change in a male/female's body during their teenage year.  Maybe there its defined by both but not here.

Spider1980 wrote:

Thank you for feeling the need to share this on a BF2 forum. You are officially a big boy now!
Do you honestly think the first thing I thought was "Oh lets post this on BF2s forums!".  I figured there were people in this community with a similar experience to me thats all.

If I think of anything else i'll probably post it.  I've got a coffee date with a chick in an hour. 
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

I don't get the idea. We all know video games AREN'T meant for little immature kids...So what's the deal? The M for mature on some games is an example...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
Well basically parents don't give to shits about their kids anymore.  They let the government raise the kids at school.  Sex ed and shit like that.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6133|Carnoustie, Scotland
How'd the date go?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard