Poll

Do you want IO in BF2142?

Yes52%52% - 37
No47%47% - 33
Total: 70
killaer
+41|6688
Personally, I think Infantry Only is a horrible cancer that will taint any BF game it infests since the entire premise behind the BF games is that they give you something that not many other Multiplayer FPS games do, Jets, Tanks, Helicopters, and Infantry all at once.

Although it is nice to try something new with a game of IO, especially on games with fewer players, I still think that it really ruins the entire Battlefield feel. The fact that so much servers are going to switch to shitty IO games makes me sad.
m0v3m3nt
+15|6128
Why not have the option for those who dig I/O? You haven't got to play it.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Nothing wrong with the option. Personally vehicles are what makes battlefield unique, but no harm in having the option.
Icleos
+101|6713
No.
IO is against the sole reason why this game is what it is.  It's a slap to Battlefield's name.
The Battlefield series was designed to include vehicles and that's the way it should be played.
If you want infantry work play a 5v5 match in a league/scrim or find a clan/squad that knows what it's doing.

Last edited by Icleos (2008-05-08 12:31:46)

kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london

jsnipy wrote:

Nothing wrong with the option. Personally vehicles are what makes battlefield unique, but no harm in having the option.
killaer
+41|6688

m0v3m3nt wrote:

Why not have the option for those who dig I/O? You haven't got to play it.
Sure I don't have to play it, and personally I think it would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that large portion of the servers are going to switch to IO. It's going to be the same as it is in BF2, where so many of the servers are IO that it becomes very hard to find city maps that aren't playing IO. It's even worse in SF where just about every server is IO Ghost Town/Warlord

Last edited by killaer (2008-05-08 13:45:40)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
IO is boring
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
In 2142, where you aren't constantly spawnraped by jets it is not needed at all. Well, actually in BF2 it wasn't needed too, because everybody who whined about jets and helis keep playing Karkand I/O, which was fine without I/O.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker

kptk92 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6748|Long Island

kptk92 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.  I/O is fun occasionally, but in 2142, its best with vehicles.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5902|Somewhere out in Space
I/o? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH un !

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-05-08 20:31:49)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6378|Somersetshire
i actually think bf2 wouldn't be going so strong if IO hadn't been introduced.

Yea, we all know it turned the game into mostly IO karkand medic whoring/nade infested, but I doubt there would be as many servers today if they hadn't made IO mode

Null vote, it can be really good if squad work happens (on both teams), but really bad if it doesn't, especially since Shingle has so many camping spots that IO could ruin it completely

it all coms down to the players/admin on the server.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
I love being infantry, I rarely use vehicles. But my favorite part is destroying the vehicles as engineer. I say fuck infantry only. It's incredibly easy to take down a vehicle. All the pussies that don't like them can go cut each others wrists.
Sambuccashake
+126|6581|Sweden
Since engys have a lot of fun stuff in 2142 (and the fact that vehicle vs infantry is very balanced) I don't think you need the IO option.

Even on the most popular "infantry maps" (Cerbere, Gibraltar, Tunis) armor is just a minor nuisance.
A couple of roller mines on strategic places does the job just fine.

Besides, Pilum sniping infantry is one of the most humiliating ways to kill someone!

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2008-05-08 23:28:13)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6681|Sweden

Sambuccashake wrote:

Since engys have a lot of fun stuff in 2142 (and the fact that vehicle vs infantry is very balanced) I don't think you need the IO option.
That, veichles have their part in 2142 they are needed in some maps cause of starting disadavtanges for one team. ( Cerbere for instance 1 walker PAC only ) But i would bet INF only would never be an option in this game since it´s so infantry focused as it is anyway.
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
Well the APC and walker always seems to be able to hold a line pretty darn good and most people don't want to be engies on those city maps. Then pod surfing is gone to in IO unless it can be used on Assault line.
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6643|The Real World

kptk92 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6378|Somersetshire

Sambuccashake wrote:

Besides, Pilum sniping infantry is one of the most humiliating ways to kill someone!
SAAW or Pod kills are most humiliating heehee
Sambuccashake
+126|6581|Sweden
You can kill infantry with SAAW?! 

Gotta get me some of that!
(Too bad I already got one SAAW kill, would be sweet if all my future SAAW kills would be inf)
Slickfish
+24|6594
I dont think its needed but if its there then what can ya do, its a option, vehicle servers will be around.

I doubt and hope it wont go like bf2 for the reason the vehicle's arn't as overpowered in 2142. It will be nice to get rid of the stupid servers that try to enforce no vehicle's rule when they are on the map. I've been kicked afew time for getting in a walker or jeep when theres been no warning and nothing on the loading screen. At least that should stop.
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
Every server I played on has always told it clear and spammed the msg box with that msg.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6214|TEXAS
It's a cancer once it starts its hard to stop and keeps infesting! I mean look at all the fucking karkands!
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5902|Somewhere out in Space

eaglecorps wrote:

It's a cancer once it starts its hard to stop and keeps infesting! I mean look at all the fucking gobralters!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

IO is boring
What he said.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6103|Scotland!

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I am boring