Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
nice.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

underpowered?  HAH!

maybe in one circumstance: light enemy soldier on fire, soldier turns around, shoots rocket at your feet and rocket-juggles you.

otherwise, pyro fucking rapes.

i'd love some pyro unlocks.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada

haffeysucks wrote:

underpowered?  HAH!

maybe in one circumstance: light enemy soldier on fire, soldier turns around, shoots rocket at your feet and rocket-juggles you.

Pyro especially fucking rapes on 2Fort when the enemy team is getting into your base.

Drop off the battlements, dodge sniper fire, go back into your base, and rape them all from behind.
Then repeat.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

underpowered?  HAH!

Pyro especially fucking rapes on 2Fort when the enemy team is getting into your base.

Drop off the battlements, dodge sniper fire, go back into your base, and rape them all from behind.
Then repeat.
yep, or that part in dustbowl with the ditch?  ubered pyro = 5 kills easy.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

underpowered?  HAH!

Then repeat.
On his own, a pyro is underpowered.  The game developer thinks so too.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

sergeriver wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Then repeat.
underpowered against skilled soldiers, yes, but against any regular other class, no.

oh and engineers.
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6383|Bromley, London

CANT fucking wait for pyro unlocks!!!

Do you think it will take valve as long as it did with the medic unlocks to release them? or much shorter time period due the fact that they are not going to make a map?
Brasso
+1,549|6632

teek22 wrote:

CANT fucking wait for pyro unlocks!!!

Do you think it will take valve as long as it did with the medic unlocks to release them? or much shorter time period due the fact that they are not going to make a map?
i hope shorter, please
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
As someone else said, I'm guessing it'll take less time, because they already have the equipment screen released.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
What 36 achievements could they make?  The medic plays most of the time in cooperation with another guy but the pyro doesn't.  And which unlocks?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
Oh no! I feel a massive surge of pyro's coming on! Pyro's are devastating not when I'm one though.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I'm going to stop playing the Spy for awhile if they do come out with Pyros next..

They're like bloody magnets.

I always run into them around corners.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655

haffeysucks wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

underpowered against skilled soldiers, yes, but against any regular other class, no.

oh and engineers.
Sentries can make an entire area a deathtrap for pyros. They have no weapon to fight it like the demoman, soldier, heavy, sniper, or spy do.

Medics outrun pyros, and with their blutsaugher they can now force a pyro to give up the fight as soon as the medic is out of range or the medic will heal himself more than the fire hurts him.

pyros can not do anything against a heavy that has the tiny bit of skill needed to, you know.. aim at them.

pyros can not do anything against a demoman that sees them coming and has the space to use stickies. And even in sticky range, a skilled demoman will be able to score plenty of hits with his regular grenades.

pyros can not do anything against a soldier that sees them coming, and even if you do manage to get a sneak attack they can still often react quickly enough to survive the fight.

pyros can not do anything against a skilled sniper from even a medium distance, and any sniper with some sense will run as soon as a pyro starts to get any kind of close.

pyros are barely an equal match for scouts, as a scout can force the pyro to use a shotgun and then get close for just long enough to deal massive damage.

even a spy can do a lot of damage if he uses his revolver.

So, point made: the pyro will not win in a fair fight. I fucking love playing as a pyro, it's awesome fun to set people on fire, but if the enemy is even halfway good I need to hide or run way more often than not, as I simply have no way of surviving a fair fight as a pyro.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
Oh man - if this is the case, it'll spark my interest in playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 again. Pyro is just so cool! I'd love to see some sort of bigger pyro gun (ie fire spreads more) as an unlock.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
Oh man - if this is the case, it'll spark my interest in playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 again. Pyro is just so cool! I'd love to see some sort of bigger pyro gun (ie fire spreads more) as an unlock.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

be nice to see the fire rockets from the old tf/tfc days
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Lucien wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

oh and engineers.
Sentries can make an entire area a deathtrap for pyros. They have no weapon to fight it like the demoman, soldier, heavy, sniper, or spy do.

Medics outrun pyros, and with their blutsaugher they can now force a pyro to give up the fight as soon as the medic is out of range or the medic will heal himself more than the fire hurts him.

pyros can not do anything against a heavy that has the tiny bit of skill needed to, you know.. aim at them.

pyros can not do anything against a demoman that sees them coming and has the space to use stickies. And even in sticky range, a skilled demoman will be able to score plenty of hits with his regular grenades.

pyros can not do anything against a soldier that sees them coming, and even if you do manage to get a sneak attack they can still often react quickly enough to survive the fight.

pyros can not do anything against a skilled sniper from even a medium distance, and any sniper with some sense will run as soon as a pyro starts to get any kind of close.

pyros are barely an equal match for scouts, as a scout can force the pyro to use a shotgun and then get close for just long enough to deal massive damage.

So, point made: the pyro will not win in a fair fight. I fucking love playing as a pyro, it's awesome fun to set people on fire, but if the enemy is even halfway good I need to hide or run way more often than not, as I simply have no way of surviving a fair fight as a pyro.
You just proved over and over what the developers wanted the Pyro to be: a sneak attack class.

Anyone who only goes head-on VS other classes is a fucking idiot.

Also: Heavies don't do shit VS a decent Engi. Neither do soldiers.
..Maybe two soldiers, but not one.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.

DefCon-17 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

oh and engineers.

You just proved over and over what the developers wanted the Pyro to be: a sneak attack class.

Too true, a engi sitting behind a sentry repairing it and having a dispenser heal him can't be taken out by one soldier, sentry will absorb most of the damage, get insta-repaired, and dispenser will heal the engi.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

PBAsydney wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Too true, a engi sitting behind a sentry repairing it and having a dispenser heal him can't be taken out by one soldier, sentry will absorb most of the damage, get insta-repaired, and dispenser will heal the engi.
I held off two ubers at once doing that.

They got me in the end, but not my SG, and by then the last guy's uber ran out, so my SG finished them off.

..Then I ran back down and repaired my loveable SG.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6471

DefCon-17 wrote:

No?

Pyro excels at close range combat. Of course ambushing your enemy helps but if you can get close enough as pyro you should be rewarded with the kill. But for now that often isn't the case.

Also single soldier can take out engy camp. Maybe you should aim at the engy not the sentry? The dispenser won't heal him fast enough. Or just destroy the dispenser and he'll run out of metal soon enough.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

sound bruv sound
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

NooBesT wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

No?

Pyro excels at close range combat. Of course ambushing your enemy helps but if you can get close enough as pyro you should be rewarded with the kill. But for now that often isn't the case.

Also single soldier can take out engy camp. Maybe you should aim at the engy not the sentry? The dispenser won't heal him fast enough. Or just destroy the dispenser and he'll run out of metal soon enough.
Maybe there's no way to hit engy fast enough to kill him if he's right behind the SG?

The only time I've been taken out by a rocket when I was tanking, was by a fluke critical rocket.

But then again, I don't choose (overly) retarded positions to put my SGs.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

DefCon-17 wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

No?

Maybe there's no way to hit engy fast enough to kill him if he's right behind the SG?

The only time I've been taken out by a rocket when I was tanking, was by a fluke critical rocket.

But then again, I don't choose (overly) retarded positions to put my SGs.
Engie tanking => demo using stickies => engie taken out

Engie tanking => decent soldier out of sentry's range => engie taken out
Stimey
­
+786|6122|Ontario | Canada
molotovs
please o god molotovs.
­
­
­
­
­