Poll

How do you rank GTA IV, amonst the GTA series?

Easily the best GTA22%22% - 23
It's the best GTA, but it could be better31%31% - 33
Vice city was better6%6% - 7
San Andreas was better13%13% - 14
SA and Vice city were better4%4% - 5
As good as the previous GTA's1%1% - 2
Haven't decided yet18%18% - 19
Other0%0% - 1
Total: 104
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York

Vilham wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It's like talking to a wall.

Poseidon wrote:

You have the kind of "I'm right, you're wrong, end of discussion" elitist attitude that I've seen from quite a few members here.
Guess I was right, eh?
So lets see.. what have you proved so far...

You have an opinion apparently, but this opinion involves no statements of opinion.
You fail at searching to see what a site actually is.
You base whether a game is good on metacritic.

I think thats a few to name. You have zero debating skills. After 2 pages of arguing that you have an opinion on these games you have yet to actually post any evidence for such an opinion. You sir fail, on an epic scale. There is no "end of discussion" to end with you, your not having a discussion as your not debating unless slighted comments are debate...

And if you still manage to not post any reasoning behind your "opinion" you claim to have in your next post im gunna have to assume exactly what i have from the start, that you have no opinion of your own. Lets go back to the start and see if you can debate with your own opinion you claim to have...

Poseidon wrote:

...Uncharted? Bioshock? Um..
Please dont tell me you think bioshock had better gameplay than system shock or deus ex, because it doesnt. Uncharted is very good though, but only once through and therefore automatically gets knocked off the list.
This time lets try to see if you can reply as to why these games are amazing with some detail on your opinion rather than just a metacritic score and a claim its amazing.

epic fail post is epic...your whole arguement is based on semantics

But, just to shut you up...

Bioshock - one of the best FPS's in a long time with an amazing story, amazing graphics and amazing detail.
Crysis - incredible graphics, amazingly fun gameplay with the different suit modes and an interesting Sci-Fi/War storyline.
Gears of War - pretty much created the cover system, great graphics, awesome sci-fi storyline, amazing multiplayer

Don't wet yourself now.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-05-07 16:03:12)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6894|OctoLand
Crysis single player, is one of the best games I've ever played, same goes for everyone else I know that has played it. Granted multiplayer is shit, but for a game like crysis, you judge on single player first.

Bioshock- Great game

Gears of war - great game

And you ask everyone who has played them and the MAJORITY will agree, so Vilham your side of the arguement sort of falls over at the first hurdle.
I know fucking karate
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

justice wrote:

Crysis single player, is one of the best games I've ever played, same goes for everyone else I know that has played it. Granted multiplayer is shit, but for a game like crysis, you judge on single player first.

Bioshock- Great game

And you ask everyone who has played them and the MAJORITY will agree, so Vilham your side of the arguement sort of falls over at the first hurdle.
-nods-

Exactly. His argument is that I get my opinions off of Metacritic, which I don't. Do I use Metacritic to back up my opinions? Yes...who doesn't use reviews whether it be from a major online gaming site or just a friend to back up their opinions on something? I've played all the games that I said were good and loved them...like I said, I'm not going to say LoZ: OoT (lozoot looooooooool) is the best game ever although people have rated it such, because I've never played it.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK
wow... poseidon i think you finally did it, you came up with something of your own opinion.. /golfclap

You can come join the adults at the debating table if you want now. Im sure daddy and mummy will be very proud.
----------------------------

Although you still have as yet to provide a counter as to how bioshock is better than deus ex aside from graphics... Bioshock < deus ex, they cut out many of the RPG elements and ALOT of story which was what made the series and the system so good. So I still stand on the fact that games with high graphics are generally watered down. If people stopped moaning for amazing graphics gameplay would increase greatly, I believe the Wii's success is all I need to show that such a business model works.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-05-07 16:21:16)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

wow... poseidon i think you finally did it, you came up with something of your own opinion.. /golfclap

You can come join the adults at the debating table if you want now. Im sure daddy and mummy will be very proud.
Further proving your maturity. Good game.

https://img368.imageshack.us/img368/631/golfclapfq7.gif

I'll take that as an admittance of defeat. Even others see how absolutely silly your opinions are.

https://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1048/thyoulosegooddaysirsq9.gif

And now, do us all a favor.

https://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6/gtfosmallwu1.gif

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-05-07 16:24:48)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK
lol i love the fact that you are unwilling to try to bring up a counter to my points. It took you seventy five posts to finally come up with your so called "opinion" I would say its a pretty deserved mocking. In future instead of arguing about how you have an opinion PROVE IT straight up rather than waiting 24 hours.

I dont see anyone bar you and one other claiming my opinions are silly... I think you might want to invest in some reading lessons.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-05-07 16:28:05)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6894|OctoLand
My beautiful thread

Anyway, back on topic.
I know fucking karate
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

lol i love the fact that you are unwilling to try to bring up a counter to my points. It took you seventy five posts to finally come up with your so called "opinion" I would say its a pretty deserved mocking. In future instead of arguing about how you have an opinion PROVE IT straight up rather than waiting 24 hours.
I reiterate my statement. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Or Terry Schiavo.

And why would I come up with a comparison of why Bioshock is better than SystemShock when I've never played it (SystemShock)?

Your whole arguement is fucking stupid.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-05-07 16:28:43)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I reiterate my statement. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Or Terry Schiavo.

And why would I come up with a comparison of why Bioshock is better than SystemShock when I've never played it?

EXACTLY YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED IT! Thank you case closed.

You try to claim Bioshock is better than its predecessors in graphics and gameplay, yet you have NEVER played them. The simple fact is that games in series are going down the drain because of graphic whores. If you havent played the previous games how can you have an opinion on it. You dont. You just spent 3 pages arguing about something you just admitted you have no clue about!

lol Poseidon I love your arguments, you such a fan boy you dont even know what your arguing about.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK

justice wrote:

Bioshock- Great game

I think you will find actually if you ask anyone who played Crysis and played Farcry which one is better they would nearly all say Farcry.
I think you will find actually if you ask anyone who played Bioshock and played Deus Ex/System shock which one is better they would nearly all say Deus Ex/System shock.

Gears yeah fair enough, I personally dont think its that amazing it, the cover system was good, it certainly didnt invent it though, if you knew anything about games you would realise that has been in games for a long time.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

And why would I come up with a comparison of why Bioshock is better than SystemShock when I've never played it?

You try to claim Bioshock is better than its predecessors in graphics and gameplay, yet you have NEVER played them. The simple fact is that games in series are going down the drain because of graphic whores. If you havent played the previous games how can you have an opinion on it. You dont. You just spent 3 pages arguing about something you just admitted you have no clue about!

lol Poseidon I love your arguments, you such a fan boy you dont even know what your arguing about.
Were you dropped on the head as a baby or can you just not read?

Not ONCE, not ONCE did I EVER say that Bioshock was better than SystemShock. I simply said that saying Bioshock is bad because of "good graphics" is a daft statement, which it is.

If I haven't played the previous games I can't have an opinion on it? What the fuck kind of stupid comment is that? Do you know how many people hadn't played SystemShock before playing Bioshock? So just because of that, their opinions are invalid? What a stupid, stupid, stupid comment. Then again, that's expected of you.

A fan boy, eh? Really? Oh yeah, even though I have a 360 as well as a PS3 and like them both almost equally, I'm a fan boy. You got me. Times like these I really wish I could see what's going inside people's heads when they post uneducated things like you do.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-05-07 16:35:41)

dan673
+46|6136

Vilham wrote:

justice wrote:

Bioshock- Great game

I think you will find actually if you ask anyone who played Crysis and played Farcry which one is better they would nearly all say Farcry.
I think you will find actually if you ask anyone who played Bioshock and played Deus Ex/System shock which one is better they would nearly all say Deus Ex/System shock.

Gears yeah fair enough, I personally dont think its that amazing it, the cover system was good, it certainly didnt invent it though, if you knew anything about games you would realise that has been in games for a long time.
IMO, Crysis is better than farcry, mabye because I have the hardware to play it on great settings, but over all, i think its better. But then again, thats just me. I can't say anything about Bioshock or Deus Ex/System as I've never played them, but Gears of War is a fantastic game.

Last edited by dan673 (2008-05-07 16:36:42)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK
lol clearly you didnt actually notice my first post. Ill end it on that, I suggest, one you read properly, two dont comment on things you admit to know nothing about. And where did I say anyones opinions arent valid, I didnt, I merely stated you didnt have one! Which based on what you posted is pretty accurate as it took 3 pages for you to finally post your opinion.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

lol clearly you didnt actually notice my first post. Ill end it on that, I suggest, one you read properly, two dont comment on things you admit to know nothing about. And where did I say anyones opinions arent valid, I didnt, I merely stated you didnt have one! Which based on what you posted is pretty accurate as it took 3 pages for you to finally post your opinion.
"I'll end it on that" pretty much admits that you know you're wrong. Thanks for admitting it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6895|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Not ONCE, not ONCE did I EVER say that Bioshock was better than SystemShock. I simply said that saying Bioshock is bad because of "good graphics" is a daft statement, which it is.

If I haven't played the previous games I can't have an opinion on it? What the fuck kind of stupid comment is that? Do you know how many people hadn't played SystemShock before playing Bioshock? So just because of that, their opinions are invalid? What a stupid, stupid, stupid comment. Then again, that's expected of you.

A fan boy, eh? Really? Oh yeah, even though I have a 360 as well as a PS3 and like them both almost equally, I'm a fan boy. You got me. Times like these I really wish I could see what's going inside people's heads when they post uneducated things like you do.
Vilham never said it was bad, he was just saying that with the iprovement of graphics, gameplay and storyline (what really counts) have steadily decreased from sequel to sequel.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

"I'll end it on that" pretty much admits that you know you're wrong. Thanks for admitting it.
Wrong it means that until you buy yourself some glasses theres no much point trying to have a debate with you.

Might want to check what miggle wrote, as clearly you need more than one person to show you what someone has stated.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Vilham never said it was bad, he was just saying that with the iprovement of graphics, gameplay and storyline (what really counts) have steadily decreased from sequel to sequel.
And there's absolutely no proof of that. None. At all. And I, the critics, and many MANY other users will disagree with you. As I said, to say that gameplay and storyline has decreased from graphics is an incredibly daft statement. You know...computer technology increases over the years...it's not like they have to take ages to make better graphics. You're both underestimating the gaming industry heavily.

Do you think GTA 2 was better than GTA: Vice City just because of graphics? Didn't think so.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6894|OctoLand

Vilham wrote:

justice wrote:

Bioshock- Great game

And if one game is better than another, does it mean the other one is shit? no, it just mean it's not as great. I've never played Farcry, but I've played Crysis SP, and it's amazing, regardless of how good Farcry is or isn't, it's amazing....My whole clan played it, and everyone thought it was great, 90 % of people I've seen talk about it or state opinion about it, they've said it's great....so that is a majority actually (SP im talking about here)

Bioshock, most people say it's good, comparing to another game is irrelevant, again a majority if you ask me.

However, I think you need to stop comparing games and take them on their merit.

my 2 cents, I'm not getting involved in your dispute anymore....carry on, please do, preferably over PM's.
I know fucking karate
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK

justice wrote:

Vilham wrote:

justice wrote:

Bioshock- Great game

And if one game is better than another, does it mean the other one is shit? no, it just mean it's not as great. I've never played Farcry, but I've played Crysis SP, and it's amazing, regardless of how good Farcry is or isn't, it's amazing....My whole clan played it, and everyone thought it was great, 90 % of people I've seen talk about it or state opinion about it, they've said it's great....so that is a majority actually (SP im talking about here)

Bioshock, most people say it's good, comparing to another game is irrelevant, again a majority if you ask me.

However, I think you need to stop comparing games and take them on their merit.

my 2 cents, I'm not getting involved in your dispute anymore....carry on, please do, preferably over PM's.
Indeed. I never said any of those games were shit, I merely stated they werent as good as their predecessors because content was chopped for the sake of having flashy graphics. Just like content has been chopped from GTAIV for the sake of graphical improvements, which is why the game isnt as good as it could have been.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6895|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

And there's absolutely no proof of that. None. At all. And I, the critics, and many MANY other users will disagree with you. As I said, to say that gameplay and storyline has decreased from graphics is an incredibly daft statement. You know...computer technology increases over the years...it's not like they have to take ages to make better graphics. You're both underestimating the gaming industry heavily.

Do you think GTA 2 was better than GTA: Vice City just because of graphics? Didn't think so.
because back then the entire industry was completely different.

With the next generation consoles people are coming to gaming because it looks good, why waste time and money on gameplay and storyline, when you make just as much money for good graphics and shitloads of advertisement?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

With the next generation consoles people are coming to gaming because it looks good, why waste time and money on gameplay and storyline, when you make just as much money for good graphics and shitloads of advertisement?
You seriously think Take 2 just focused on graphics and didn't care as much about the storyline and gameplay? Please don't tell me you think that. That's such an ignorant statement, Miggle. I'm sorry, but it is. To think that all gaming companies care about is graphics nowadays is really, really stupid.

Do you think EA only cares about graphics when they make the next Madden? If so...well, I just don't even know what to tell you.
dan673
+46|6136

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

The industry was neither entirely different, nor did it ever change. Although, many goals of gaming company's have changed since the early days. With a game like GTA, the graphics have never really improved, at all, but could easily have improved if Rockstar wanted it too, but yet again, it proves that graphics don't matter as much as game play does.

Last edited by dan673 (2008-05-07 16:54:19)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6919|UK
No EA cares about pumping out the exact same game with new players so that they can make even more money off the stupid people who buy the game.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6895|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Do you think EA only cares about graphics when they make the next Madden? If so...well, I just don't even know what to tell you.
Are you joking?

They haven't added shit to madden in years. I stopped buying them when they added Create-A-Fan.

Poseidon wrote:

You seriously think Take 2 just focused on graphics and didn't care as much about the storyline and gameplay? Please don't tell me you think that. That's such an ignorant statement, Miggle. I'm sorry, but it is. To think that all gaming companies care about is graphics nowadays is really, really stupid.
They aren't only focused on graphics, but they are less focused than they were for the predecessors, which is obvious from the lack of things to do.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

No EA cares about pumping out the exact same game with new players so that they can make even more money off the stupid people who buy the game.
You've obviously never played Madden. Many, MANY new features with gameplay are added each year, the most notable being the juke stick. And graphics over the years in Madden have improved VASTLY.

NHL '08 this year was also amazing. It has AMAZING graphics, and it also is one of the best hockey games I've played in my entire life.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard