Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Less irritating than you'd expect thanks to his self-deprecation and candor.

Ballla!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5958|Places 'n such
"this video is no longer available"

Now it is... I fucking hate orange internet

Last edited by presidentsheep (2008-05-04 11:36:40)

I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Soooo much better than listening to Babs rant.

+1 to Tom.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6471|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Love tom hanks, so go him i guess.
Vax
+42|5849|Flyover country
"...Kennedy , and EVEN Ronald Reagan"  

Wow

I like Obama

but  man , Tom realllllly likes him.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6477|Somewhere else

Nicely done.  Even pokes a little fun at himself, using the "celebrity status".
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6719|Eastern PA
"As an official celebrity, I know my endorsement has just made your mind up for you."

Lawlz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina
That is an endorsement.  Wow.  I think he likes Obama, lol.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6462|Melbourne - Home of Football
Is it just me or does he have some kind of miniature typewriter collection behind him?
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6515|USA
meh
i didn't know the Green Party endorsed Obama -> thus Hanks making this vid
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6693|NJ
But he has the mind of a child and AIDs??

But then again he did serve in WWII and found that poor womans only living child.. So what to do, what to do?

Oh I know, I'll make up my own mind..

Edit; I personally hate celebrity endorsments and think it's bogus.. Hi I'm an Actor and being someone who has money for pretending to be someone else I choose this person for this reason. Who cares. Too much of our election process is based on other peoples views and not the matters.

The Rock the Vote and every other Voter system is horrible, Vote because you looked into what's going on don't vote because a celebrity told you to..

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2008-05-05 11:31:08)

howler_27
+90|6684
I'm still going to look for the "NONE OF THE ABOVE" area to check on my ballot. They all fail IMO.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

howler_27 wrote:

I'm still going to look for the "NONE OF THE ABOVE" area to check on my ballot. They all fail IMO.
Vote for the one who fails the least.  Whether you vote for them or not, one of them will be the next president of America anyway.
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ
Honestly there is such a push from the entertainment department towards voting because they need more people to do so..

People not voting = Politicians failing.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida

cpt.fass1 wrote:

But he has the mind of a child and AIDs??

But then again he did serve in WWII and found that poor womans only living child.. So what to do, what to do?

Oh I know, I'll make up my own mind..

Edit; I personally hate celebrity endorsments and think it's bogus.. Hi I'm an Actor and being someone who has money for pretending to be someone else I choose this person for this reason. Who cares. Too much of our election process is based on other peoples views and not the matters.

The Rock the Vote and every other Voter system is horrible, Vote because you looked into what's going on don't vote because a celebrity told you to..
So if I made a vid and said the exact same thing as Tom Hanks, it'd be alright?

He didn't tell anyone else who they should or shouldn't vote for... he gave his reasons, and they're good ones.  He was being SARCASTIC in the begining.  Wow.

I dont really care if Tom Hanks or any other celebrity endorses anyone either but jesus the man has the right to do what he wants.  I think the reasons he gave for supporting Obama are good enough.
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ
Nope if you made a video about who to vote for it wouldn't be alright.. It's still be silly, I'm very glad that he's voicing his opinion..

It would be nice for people to take an interest in politics, voted and we wouldn't need celebrities to get votes up..

Also I'm a strong fan of "If you're voting for the lesser of two evils you're still voting for an evil". I think Reform is necessary in our US Government and accountability for our elected officials to actually do what they say they're going to do.
IRONCHEF
+385|6488|Northern California
Dang, I was gonna vote Nader until I saw this!  Gotta stick with a fellow "East Bayer" (Hanks, from Pleasant Hill, CA) and vote along the hollywood lines!

Ironchef approves of Obama.
FEOS
+1,182|6408|'Murka

sergeriver wrote:

Vote for the one who fails the least.
Unfortunately, that's been the reality of our Presidential elections since 1988.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
howler_27
+90|6684

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Unfortunately, that's been the reality of our Presidential elections since 1988.
So true.  I'm looking for a candidate that has been around the burocratic BS and knows a thing or two about staying true to the course of the counties needs, as opposed to the parties needs.  I honeslty was hoping that in some light, Colon Powel would attempt a run at the White House, but unfortunately his name will always be tied to one of the most corrupt administations that the world has ever seen.  The saddest thing about this is that I feel that for all of those who have sacrificed their lifes, families and carriers to defend what we hold highest, it's just another wasted vote on yet another corrupt person.  Hopefully, the one who gets in will prove me wrong, but for now, I'll vote for note of them and my concious will be better for it. The one who I feel should be president will get my vote.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Bill was a good president.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6826|Grapevine, TX

sergeriver wrote:

for China but thats a differant topic.

GG Tom. Nicly done...still has to be a better choice on November 4th imo
FEOS
+1,182|6408|'Murka

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That's merely reflective of how low the bar has dropped...
― Albert Einstein

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Does he endorse Barak as Forrest Gump, Robert Langdon, Jimmy Dugan, or Buffy from Bosom Buddies?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

FEOS wrote:

That's merely reflective of how low the bar has dropped...
Maybe the bar has not dropped, you just have great expectations.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6703
That was incredibly predictable and vague, even for an Obama supporter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard