TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5989|Toronto
congrats man, always fun to move. I can relate to the stress--and moving is always a bit of the straining thing on what is commonly referred to as cash. My best wishes to the missus.
I like pie.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6482|6 6 4 oh, I forget

This got interesting right about now. It came up that the building has not humidity, but water under it. The people who sold it, knew about it but didn't say anything although it has been known for 2-3 years. The deal I signed says nothing about this, but other minor faults that are under construction since the guarantee is still valid because the place was built for around 5 years ago. The deal also says that the seller has presented all things that may or may not have influenced the decision of the buyer. This is also not true. If I had known that there's water under the fucking house I never in a million years would have bought the place. We'll just see what the law has to say about this little deal...
Right now I'm a big goddamn bag of TNT and my fuse is so short.

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-09-09 11:23:33)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6754|Houston, TX
Went thru the same water-under problem when I bought my 1st house.  Bloody mess to fix too.  Drilling, limestone, $$, blah blah blah....

Good luck too you.  Keep your head on your shoulders too, I can remember wanting to go postal on a few contractors.

KJ
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma
Sorry to hear that.
Best of lucks.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2008-09-09 11:37:14)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
13rin
+977|6487

Ultrafunkula wrote:

This got interesting right about now. It came up that the building has not humidity, but water under it. The people who sold it, knew about it but didn't say anything although it has been known for 2-3 years. The deal I signed says nothing about this, but other minor faults that are under construction since the guarantee is still valid because the place was built for around 5 years ago. The deal also says that the seller has presented all things that may or may not have influenced the decision of the buyer. This is also not true. If I had known that there's water under the fucking house I never in a million years would have bought the place. We'll just see what the law has to say about this little deal...
Right now I'm a big goddamn bag of TNT and my fuse is so short.
Those sons-of-bitches.  That's fucked up.  My house had a flood due to asshats not keeping the fence clear of debris.  A tidal wave rushed through the house.  Mold got into the drywall.  They had to gut the place.  But was any of these tidbits of info made available to me at the time of sale?  Shit no.  I found out when my neighbors told me six months after move in.  Man was I pissed.  Too late to do anything about it and if I kick the previous owner in the nuts, I'll go to jail for the fucker is a cop.  Great, now I'm pissed off again.

Is there any way of digging a hole and installing a pump?  Good luck man.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Ultrafunkula

Kung Jew wrote:

Went thru the same water-under problem when I bought my 1st house.  Bloody mess to fix too.  Drilling, limestone, $$, blah blah blah....

Good luck too you.  Keep your head on your shoulders too, I can remember wanting to go postal on a few contractors.

KJ
Yep. And that is something I'm not planning to do at his place. Since this is a row house we're not the only suckers in this litterally sinking boat. But that don't ease the fury in me. One funny part is that the contractor is stating that there's nothing wrong with the place and the seller has known this too but hasn't mentioned about it in any way. One good thing is though that when eventually some day we're building our own house (or buying a package) we have a few trustworthy either relatives or otherwise good friends who own a contruction company, and they know how to build and where. Good thing the missus is a fantastic bookworm and is atm going through laws on this kind of thing. She's been studying this for a good 45min and there has not come up any single bit of law that would be on the other peoples side in this case. All things she has read out loud speaks for us. So far looking good. except that the house is a fucking Titanic
Ultrafunkula

DBBrinson1 wrote:

if I kick the previous owner in the nuts, I'll go to jail for the fucker is a cop. 

Is there any way of digging a hole and installing a pump?  Good luck man.
Now ain't this something. Same thing here. A cop...

What is it with these honest men of the government?

It's still under investigation what needs to be done to get the water away from the house. The place is built on some sort of steel elements so there is a good one meter < crawling space. That is well airconditioned but the water still exists somehow. Since the building is on elements there has been no need for these underground dikes (or what you call the in english) that collect the water in the ground and flow it away from the house. So they were left away and now it's under investigation where the water is coming from, how deep it is and how it should be transported away. One thing is the angles might be wrong so the water just flows in the wrong direction, towards the house instead of away from it.
kptk92
u
+972|6416|tc_london
sue their white/black asses
Ultrafunkula

kptk92 wrote:

Aaaaand done. Man, I wish I had seen the look on the bastards face when he opened the letter from the lawyer. Now just to find out how much the repairments and thingies cost and we're ready to make demands to them. I feel so damn good I think I'm growing horns.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAAA !!! Evil666

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-10-21 00:36:43)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Aaaaand done.
Kickass!
I need around tree fiddy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard