HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC
First time I was working in Tech class (tech theatre tbh, build shit for the school plays anw what not). I decided to hop out of the orchestra pit (through a big hole in the stage... a man-made one for getting in there that is) by doing a sort of dip maneuver. Thing is, I was leaning forward too much and lost my balanced and nearly faceplanted. It would've made for a great epic fail .gif if someone had recorded it.

Second time was when I was working out doing some weird ab exercise with a medicine ball (the small heavy kinds). I slammed my thumbnail into it really hard and it started bleeding... I didn't notice until I actually saw it.

Anyone got some good injury stories?
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada
Poor thing, you need a band aid and some warm milk then its off to bed with you.

Last edited by Stimey (2008-04-28 19:07:53)

­
­
­
­
­
­
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Stimey wrote:

Poor thing, you need a band aid and some warm milk then its off to bed with you.
also cookies.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

I rolled my ankle, too much volleyball, but i can suck it up
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

Stimey wrote:

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ
oh on saturday night at a party I was sprinting from the kitchen, and my friend has a little step thing by the stairs into the living room, anywho I planned on jumping onto the steps whilst running (bout 5 feet)

I forgot about the step, tripped, hands behind me, flying through the air, faced it on the wall

I dont think my hands touched the wall, and I was running so damn fast i just slammed my face

It too, would have made an epic fail .gif

only two people saw it though :\
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5934|United States
last time i hurt myself was when i was running. I think I sprained my ankle; it was painful to walk on for a few days. But that didn't mean I had to post that here!!!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

argo4 wrote:

last time i hurt myself was when i was running. I think I sprained my ankle; it was painful to walk on for a few days. But that didn't mean I had to post that here!!!
lul

It's more of an injuries thread tbh
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6264
Basketball. Went up to block a shot, friend pulls my leg, land of my foot awkwardly, sprained a ligament in my foot.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
tech theater ftmfw.

I've got a couple of burn scars from some fucking light fixtures.
EE (hats
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

Morpheus1229 wrote:

tech theater ftmfw.

fuck focusing lights... i hate going up on this wobbly a-frame ladder we have...i always try to delegate those jobs to the underclassmen
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

I bet you would feel better if you were playing GTA4 ............................... oh nvm
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

HurricaИe wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

tech theater ftmfw.

fuck focusing lights... i hate going up on this wobbly a-frame ladder we have...i always try to delegate those jobs to the underclassmen
hahaha

I love how theater ladders go from "eh" to "pretty fucking sketchy".

And Source 4's are soo much better than Strands.
EE (hats
Lynx14
+41|5972
Yeah I got my dick caught in my zipper twice after I went to the bathroom. FFS.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
i was sledding fell off and broke my hand. The day i get my cast off i fall over a hurtle, got up and came in 3rd and i didnt rebreak my hand but it was funny cuz i have never fall over a hurtle before. lol
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

Morpheus1229 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

tech theater ftmfw.

hahaha

Our main lights are Source 4s, Shakespeares, Lekos (spelling?), and Fresnels. Lots of fresnels.

We have a few other funky ones but they're few and far in between.

Most of our ladders are good actually... I just don't like being on the stick on the A-frame, and on the lumber rack ladder

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-04-28 20:42:35)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

HurricaИe wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

hahaha

Our main lights are Source 4s, Shakespeares, Lekos (spelling?), and Fresnels. Lots of fresnels.

Most of our ladders are good actually... I just don't like being on the stick on the A-frame, and on the lumber rack ladder
Half of my college's inventory is 20 years old. We have a ton Fresnels as well.

I also mainly stick to sound work, or I use the Genie lift on the pipes.
EE (hats
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

Morpheus1229 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

hahaha

Bastard... we're a high school so we don't get any scissor lifts I'm telling our teacher that when they renovate our theater center, they should 1) get a scissor lift and 2) get a motorized fly rail system... our is slightly screwy, so the electrical pipes are bloody heavy even though they have enough weights to be balanced

edit: I prefer working the light board

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-04-28 20:54:05)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
Thread should be renamed to "your epic fail.gif moments" TBH

Went over the handlebars of my bike because i took a corner too hard and my rear brakes dont work.  Landed square on my right elbow, couldnt move it without it feeling like a rusty nail was jabbing it for 3 weeks.

left handed fap FTW!
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

HurricaИe wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Bastard... we're a high school so we don't get any scissor lifts I'm telling our teacher that when they renovate our theater center, they should 1) get a scissor lift and 2) get a motorized fly rail system... our is slightly screwy, so the electrical pipes are bloody heavy even though they have enough weights to be balanced

edit: I prefer working the light board
You don't need a motorized fly system, just a good one.

You probably have a better light board than us though.
EE (hats
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
I tore my Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) during football once.

Got hit on the right side of my right knee, felt a big POP noise, intense searing pain, then it was gone after ten minutes.

Because I had completly severed the ligament. haha. My knee was so loose after that I could lift it up and wobble it left and right from the joint. It was pretty cool

for those who don't know what an MCL is...

https://www.ptclinic.com/medlibrary/images/v2/a26a.gif
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space

Bulldogz wrote:

Got hit on the right side of my right knee, felt a big POP noise, intense searing pain, then it was gone after ten minutes.

Because I had completly severed the ligament. haha. My knee was so loose after that I could lift it up and wobble it left and right from the joint. It was pretty cool

http://www.ptclinic.com/medlibrary/images/v2/a26a.gif
ACL is worse i heard.
jason85
Banned
+58|5998|Mesa, AZ

Lynx14 wrote:

Yeah I got my dick caught in my zipper twice after I went to the bathroom. FFS.
twice? holy crap, man. you ought to treat your pecker with care.
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Bulldogz wrote:

http://www.ptclinic.com/medlibrary/images/v2/a26a.gif
ACL is worse i heard.
Yeah, you tear that, you are gonna need some pretty serious surgery and 8-10+ months of rehabilition. Thankfully for me, the injury happened early on in the season, so I was able to come back just as we entered the playoffs.

After the injury when I was sitting in the trainers room, I thought I had just tweaked my knee and I was going to be able to play the next day, because the injury didn't hurt anymore. Then my trainer informed me that I had torn my MCL pretty bad. I was like...whoa. After the initial injury, it was the least painful injury I've ever had. (that is till later, when I had to wear a splint and it got all stiff. thats a completely different story -_-; )

Last edited by Bulldogz (2008-04-28 21:56:19)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
My friend tore his ACL completely, now he has to wear a knee brace every time he is going to be running around.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard