Titan Attack Pin

Yes, give me more of an incentive to attack81%81% - 53
No, I will just sit on my Titan thanks :D12%12% - 8
Don't know6%6% - 4
Total: 65
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6572|UK

A Titan Attack pin?  (Yes I searched)  I thought this from the begining, but never actually seen it brought up, atleast not in here.  Usually when I play Titan, as soon as those sheilds go down, the majority of the team gets set up ready for anyone who tries to attack.  These defenders have the edge, and are also awarded for there defending by receiving a pin as we know.  But what about the boys who actually try for the win?  I find my self on the receving end of APM's constantly, and anyone with them can easily get an additional 20 points (I believe) for there 'efforts'.  I was just wondering if you think there should be a similar pin for those who attack?  To my knowledge theres no such reward.......  After all it is only a pin, but do any of you think there should be a similar pin atainable for attackers as well as the defenders?  I'd have it worth more, maybe 30-40points, to keep it varied, nothing worse than attempting to storm a Titan and theres 5+ of them in the corridor waiting on you   What you think?

Martyn
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6787|mansfield
yes
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6411|New York
agreed, there is really no incentive for attacking, not like the titan defender pin. i think this sort of addition would make for much better games.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
wrx_sti
+2|6495|USA
To attack a Titan is harder than defend, there should be a pay of for attacking.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6522|so randum

wrx_sti wrote:

To attack a Titan is harder than defend, there should be a pay of for attacking.
This man speaks truth
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Magius5.0
+106|6404|UMass Amherst
Most people just sit on their ass on their own titan, just whoring up points.  Its one thing to coordinate an unstoppable defense, its completely different to coordinate an attack that can kill even the most determined titan defenders and blow the consoles.  But hey, I've got my titan attack gold badge, so there is no true motivation for me to get slaughtered anymore...except for winning and insta-killing the core with about 20 packs of RDX.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6664|The Netherlands

wrx_sti wrote:

This is so true. Yes, there should be an attack-pin.

And the kills made with nade/apm/rdx/sentrygun while defending should be 0.5 pts per kill.
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6568
As long as it is of equal value so that people don't just leave the titan undefended. Plus it is annoying when 24 people fly on to the titan and get held off by 5 scrubs with APMs.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6572|UK

Pretty clear cut then lol, to bad we probably wont ever actually get the pin

Martyn
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6767|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
There on about a new pin in this Booster pack lark..... Perhaps this is it?
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6564|Doncaster UK
i dont think there should be a titan attack pin, The problem solver pin is the one that people should be going for if they are attacking. I know its hard to get but to get one is a great feeling, its the only pin you truly have to work for.

Also attackers get badges taking down consoles and the core, defenders dont get badges for defending the consoles or core they get pins, so in the grand scale of things i think its pretty even.

IMO
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6549|Singapore
yes, why not?
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6733|Sweden
Of course should there be a Attack Pin and it would´nt be wrong if it was worth 30 points. A trained monkey could defend.

Edit: Or they remove the defend pin

Last edited by madmurre (2007-01-23 02:51:30)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6815

Bell wrote:

A Titan Attack pin?  (Yes I searched) 
  What you think?

Martyn
I think you didn't search very well.  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51127
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6671|Hong Kong

The_Guardsman wrote:

Actually, the pin is the Conquest Assualt Pin that you get from the new game mode in the booster pack.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6398|Inside the AR Rockets.
Omg definatly... it's like Ying without Yang
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6522|so randum

SmilingBuddha wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

Actually, the pin is the Conquest Assualt Pin that you get from the new game mode in the booster pack.
Source? im not critisisin, just aint read that
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6572|UK

aardfrith wrote:

Bell wrote:

A Titan Attack pin?  (Yes I searched) 
  What you think?

Martyn
I think you didn't search very well.  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51127
Yet no poll so bite me mofo

Martyn
Commando
+8|6624
It makes sense to have one, but then I think those who defend would be tempted to attack because its more exciting and more points are on offer. It might make defending your titan a bit unappealing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard