fannwong00
+6|6663|Paris, France (Sporean)
Hi!

I have the same issues, crash to desktop or crash to black screen. Running a Asus A8n SLI with AMD 4400+ 4GB Ram 7800GTX (it's a image editing machine primarily), I have TRIED everything (CPU affinity, switching off firewall, auto update, etc, etc, etc, etc), including the new Microsoft Hotfix for AMD x2 CPUs. Still get laggy or disconnected. Prior to this patch I was running on 1.03 with NO PROBLEMS at all. After trawling through tonnes of forums, it seems that the x2 cores have some issues with the 1.12 patch? sighz...

I have also tried running it at 800x600 LOW to 1024 HIGH, sound on Hardware or Software (Audigy card). Lag happens for all settings. Btw, I have BF:SF installed also. Any tech guru that can dispense some advice, I will BUY YOU A BIG LUNCH if you are in Singapore.

Fann
fannwong00
Seems to me like it's related to the Ethernet connect by elimination. I'll try some experimenting myself tonight. Btw, you might already done this but have you tried switching it to the Marvel Yukon (?) ethernet port instead?
Strykker.se.
+0|6697|Nova Scotia, Canada

fannwong00 wrote:

Hi!

I have the same issues, crash to desktop or crash to black screen. Running a Asus A8n SLI with AMD 4400+ 4GB Ram 7800GTX (it's a image editing machine primarily), I have TRIED everything (CPU affinity, switching off firewall, auto update, etc, etc, etc, etc), including the new Microsoft Hotfix for AMD x2 CPUs. Still get laggy or disconnected. Prior to this patch I was running on 1.03 with NO PROBLEMS at all. After trawling through tonnes of forums, it seems that the x2 cores have some issues with the 1.12 patch? sighz...

Fann
Oh Man, I was looking getting a machine very similar to that (except I was going to have twin 7800GT's and A8n SLI Premium), after seeing this, depending on how you guys make out, I may have to reconsider the purchase.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6719|Netherlands
io got the same problem with my new system but on my old system i didnt had that roblem

i even have to restart my pc when i wanna play bf2
fannwong00

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

the second port you mean? What's the difference?
there are 2 ethernet ports on the motherboard, think 1 is controlled by the nvidia and the other marvell yukon, it's in the device listing. maybe you can try that. nothing to lose. Fyi, I'm usually the 1st guy in a new map that loads first time.

Strykker.se. wrote:

fannwong00 wrote:

Hi!

Fann
Oh Man, I was looking getting a machine very similar to that (except I was going to have twin 7800GT's and A8n SLI Premium), after seeing this, depending on how you guys make out, I may have to reconsider the purchase.
I've been on most of the forums, feel that it's an Asus thing with 1.12. The 7800GTX rocks on HIGH everthing with x2, when it works of course. :-)

Btw, there are folks who are NOT happy with Asus quality, you can check out forums regarding this board and the Deluxe version. But to be honest with you, it worked PERFECT on the 1.03 patch, feel that it's due to hardware tolerances built into the patch.

You know what's the funny thing, my friends playing in a LAN gaming shop with crappy pcs with super low rez DO NOT CRASH, sighz sighz sighz. Cutting edge bleeds. But I love this game, so once in a while (1 out of 3 games) when it works, it smokes.

Last edited by fannwong00 (2006-01-05 02:17:46)

Strykker.se.
+0|6697|Nova Scotia, Canada
Thanks for that, please keep us informed on how you guys make out.
gunnaboy
+26|6688
The computer i am building at the moment is:
Athlon64 x2 3800+
A8N32 Sli Deluxe Mobo
1GB Corsair DDR400 PC3200 Ram (unbuffered)
XFX 7800GTX 256MB Graphics Cards O/C X2
160GB SATA Seagate HDD X2
550W Antec PSU
Thermaltake Tai Chi Tower (water cooled)

I've seen this system in action on BF2 and their were no lag problems. The internet provider has a high download rate which also helped. The computer was using the onboard 8ch H/D Audio aswell.

Last edited by gunnaboy (2006-01-05 02:32:36)

Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia

Strykker.se. wrote:

fannwong00 wrote:

Hi!

Fann
lol you should i built a system for my house mate.. pretty much the same deal but 2x7800GT-SH and only 1 gig ram and it works fine!.. Its great actually and none of that lag crap at the start!

how ever my puter lags at the start lol NFI why.. but doesnt bother me really its only like 10-20 seconds. lol so really i got no idea on why or how to fix it lol so i shouldent really be posting
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
Heres a long shot.. but people with lag what HDD setup have you got?
the computer i built has 2x160gb 7200rpm SATA 300's RAID Stripe, where as mine only has a cruddy 7200rpm ide and its crunching for them 20 seconds or so.. anyone supose that could be the problem? slow HDD?
fannwong00
Hey!

Change your performance optimization to CPU Utilization - got this working
Disable Remote Wakeup - got this
Enable Checksum Offload - got this
Enable TCP Large Send Offload - couldn't find this

If it's not too much trouble, could you a screen shot? btw, i got everything for nvidia installed except for nvidia firewall.

Thanks!
fannwong00
hey dude,

thanks!!! will try it out later. :-)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard