jason85
Banned
+58|5986|Mesa, AZ
what is the difference between the SABOT round and the HEAP round?
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6275|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
SABOT is for lightly armored vehicles like cars and such, while HEAT is for tanks and APCs; its that or the other way around.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6498|Los Angeles, California
Uh, no. Backwards there buddy. SABOT is for heavily armored vehicles (tanks, apcs, etc), HEAT; everything else.
jason85
Banned
+58|5986|Mesa, AZ
Ah ok. Thanks. I was thinking the HEAP rounds were for taking out stuff in the air. Every time I use the HEAP on a jet or a heli it goes down, but hardly ever for the SABOT. Maybe just coincidence.
ExLonghorn
+2|6645
Just so we're clear, it's HEAT, not HEAP.  It stands for High Explosive Anti Tank, and is essentially a shaped-charge warhead.  Ironically, as another poster stated, the HEAT round is NOT typically used for defeating heavy armor.  That task is left to the Armour-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot (APFSDS) round (commonly referred to as a Sabot round).  The round is actually a depleted uranium alloy penetrator rod with a diameter much smaller than, say, the 120mm main gun of an Abrams.
Abize
+1|6122|Australian Yellow Zone

ExLonghorn wrote:

Just so we're clear, it's HEAT, not HEAP.  It stands for High Explosive Anti Tank, and is essentially a shaped-charge warhead.  Ironically, as another poster stated, the HEAT round is NOT typically used for defeating heavy armor.  That task is left to the Armour-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot (APFSDS) round (commonly referred to as a Sabot round).  The round is actually a depleted uranium alloy penetrator rod with a diameter much smaller than, say, the 120mm main gun of an Abrams.
It IS HEAP, High Explosive Anti-Personal, in PoE2 or maybe it was just a typo, who knows?
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
Nobody ever uses HEAP, and I'm with Army guys every weekday.
Abize
+1|6122|Australian Yellow Zone

jord wrote:

Nobody ever uses HEAP, and I'm with Army guys every weekday.
I never said anything about whether the armys use it irl, i just pointed out that it is HEAP in PoE2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard