DaveOnrefni
+1|6647
Heh, sniping has always been my thing, taking accurate shots and supporting my teammates who continue to believe I'm not doing anything. 

Ever since 1.2 came out, I've noticed people starting to use my sniping spot at mashtuur.  Too bad they don't know how to use it correctly though and outline themselves against the sky any time I see someone there. 

I love taking those 150+m headshot kills...  it's satisfying, killing someone only by their sillhouette.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6676|Kingswood Country
The new sniper unlock is awesome. I thought I would try it out on a 16 or 32 player server (it had been a LONG time since getting off 64). Partly to thin out the numbers a little bit, and partly to have a few less vehicles vs infantry (the rifle is not great against tanks, no matter how often I hit em).

The rifle absolutely owned. On the dalian plant I picked a little hill near the south dock and held up 2 squads solo - they did sneak a tank past a couple of times, but everytime the squad crept up on foot they got drilled. Having run out of rifle ammo, and with claymores gone - I keep calling for a supply drop; only to realise the commander has quit.

Yes, I could have volunteered - but by this stage half the enemy squad in front of me has spawned sniper. I get down to the water, swim around to the ladders at the back of the dock and climb up. There are 3 guys camping there with their scopes pointed at where I had been parked. 2 knife and 1 pistol kill later and I have flogged a fresh pack of ammo.

Retreating back to my spot, I drop the claymores (they eventually hit something), and then spot all this random gunfire at my feet. One of the guys has respawned with a squad automatic and is unloading all over the place trying to hit me. I bring the scope up and put a single shot kill into him.

I get the 'THIS IS BULLSHIT' messages coming up on the screen. It turns out he had just become my favourite victim.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
I love SF sniping too, mainly because of the zipline. On warlord, spawn at the TV station and zip down to a roof. Pick off some targets, go to the next. repeat. No one ever knows where you are, and you get kill after kill.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
I was sniping the other day on FuShe Pass, as USMC with the M95. I went to enemy uncappable, and sat in various spots so that I could shoot the pilot/gunner out of the heli. I was successful with the pilot a few times, but never did shoot the gunner out. Each time they came looking for me, didn't find me till the 6th or 7th time... I was so sure they couldn't see me, as I was in a very odd spot, but they probally had me spotted so they did get me .

I had also been shot down to between one and three bars serveral times, but my commander kept giving me a supply crate.
acidkiller187
+123|6631
well i agree that sniping is cool but you get these noobs that go crazy with claymores and i personaly think thats pretty gay!!!!!!!!!!!
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
How about a three person squad that has decided to hold a spot on top of a building (in Mashtuur City)while you repeatedly kill two of them at a time (from the watertower) as they keep switching squad leader and respawning back on the building, lol, i unloaded all of my ammo on them and was down to three bullets left, when lo-and behold an enemy sniper climbs up the watertower... hahaha so i knifed him and took his fully loaded m-95 for some more killing
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
all this talk of sniping has made me want to play bf2 now

i swore i wouldn't play it all weekend..

*grabs M24*

(all the sniper unlocks are great but i still prefer my m24)
LemonChicken61
+0|6718|Minneapolis, MN USA
Nothing funnier than when you're sniping and you get into that "tunnel" vision mode.  In a flash you see something blur into your scope and you think, " Oh shit."  You just have time to start pulling your pistol out before ..."Stab!"  You're dead by knife kill.  Hillarious.  Always makes you piss in your pants.

Funny the other way too.  I've crawled up to snipers from behind with my blade out...slowly crawl up right next to them and slowly do a 180 around him until I'm just about in front of him.  Wait...wait...wait...type a message "Stab...you're dead buddy" and stick him.  I had one guy sending me a message laughing his head off.  He had to stop for a minute, he said he was laughing so hard.  Guy had a good sense of humor.
coldfyre99
+-2|6628
My Fav sniper story: I was perched on a rooftop on a map having a sniper duel with someone.  I use that term loosely as I killed him four times in a row, after the third kill I began making my way to the flag for a quick cap, thinking there was no way that he would spawn there again.  I was standing at the flag and he spawned right in front of me, facing away from me.  I just had to point my M95 at his head, anyone want to imagine 1. how pissed he was being killed like that and 2. what the shell from an m95 will do to a human head from 1 foot away?
CatSoup
+1|6641

coldfyre99 wrote:

My Fav sniper story: I was perched on a rooftop on a map having a sniper duel with someone.  I use that term loosely as I killed him four times in a row, after the third kill I began making my way to the flag for a quick cap, thinking there was no way that he would spawn there again.  I was standing at the flag and he spawned right in front of me, facing away from me.  I just had to point my M95 at his head, anyone want to imagine 1. how pissed he was being killed like that and 2. what the shell from an m95 will do to a human head from 1 foot away?
[img]http://www.dot.state.tx.us/trafficsafety/images/Misc/watermelon.jpg[/img]
Don't worry it's just a picture of a watermelon, but you get the idea.
Mudman
+0|6720|Portugal
Well I used to hate snipers very very mutch. All this hate started with Delta Force BHD, where I used to go and knife all I could find, or maybe a nice M203 and boom, really loved to see them fly. But all as changed now.
In BF2 snipers can really help the team/squad so I started using it, really a lot now, and it seems that I'm really good at it. Things that really put a smile on my face are:
1-Owning all chopper pilot in one round, after them owned my team, lets just say no one was flying chopper after 5m, I was getting all, sitting, entering or flying, just love that M95, my favorite unlock now.
2-Head shots while someone rides the ZipLine, runs, or drives vehicle.
3-Giving cover shoting and spoting for my team.
4-Having more than 1 K/D either has snipers or with rifle
5-Last but not least, owning some guy with sniper on nick, thats a bit of my previous hate showing, ROFLMAO.

PS. Claymores are fun, and usefull too, but I'm waiting for new patch where you can have only 2 at any one time, that would calm things a lot. I usually put 3/4 at a time and check them when I get a clay kill to put another if support nearby. Also its a very easy way for the explosive badge, I got Vet that way so call me clay whore
Also best and the more IAR kills I had sniping, I was in Ghost town prone in floor next to upper bridge killing snipers on roof top and chopper pilots, or should I say whanabee pilots. Just got to love the M95

Last edited by Mudman (2006-03-07 00:51:48)

vassili_zaitsev
+1|6627
I like crawling next to enemy snipers and spamming 'Enemy sniper spotted' over and over again until they turn around, then STAB!
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
I can play for hours at a time, i can get killed 10 times in a row by some armour, but being a sniper and taking that headshot the instant the guy in your scope guys prone..... that makes it all better
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6648|Under the River

LemonChicken61 wrote:

Couple of things:

It would be AWESOME if we had a sniper rifle w/a silencer!  May not have the distance but they'd never know where the shots were coming from!  No muzzle flash, no sound.  Just the little red flash on your HUD.  It would make the Sniper even more deadly.

I love it when you're laying in the grass somewhere and an enemy sniper lays down right next to you and never sees you!  You look through your scope, watch him for a while just to relish the moment as his head fills up the entire sight!  BLAM!!!   Gotta love it!
Hey the L96A1 happpens to be silenced and I wished I had unlocked it instead of the last two that I needed
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6626|Britain and Damn proud of it!

E7IX3R wrote:

On vanilla, I'm not a sniping fan at all, I like to go assult or medic (if you look at my stats, I have more kills with the gun itself than the GL launcher) but since I got SF I've been pretty much sniping every round.

Now, I know a lot of people dislike snipers, but a lot of the maps on SF are PERFECT for sniping.

I know I'm not the best at sniping and I do enjoy it very much. I've also had a lot of people (after I've killed them) call me a "noob" because "snipers are gay and scared to face a real head on fight". After a few hours playing on one of the UK servers, I had a guy calling me all sorts of names because he didn't like snipers and I kept killing him.
Heh, we are a hated Breed, killed a guy 5 times in a row and was named mainly a 'pussy who cannot fight like a real man'............  i knifed him 3 times after that xD
Chao2
+8|6715|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Heh heh I just love killing heli pilots, yesterday I was trying to stop the sas capping a heli spawn on ghost town, they got it and jumping in the heli. Got 2 pilotsa nd 2 gunners with headshots before some bright spark threw me a nade to play with
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6644|Cumberland, MD, USA
Sniping is not a skill, yet, an art.

Sniping is not merely killing one from far away, but doing so in a concealed location. A marksman kills from far away. A sniper uses his enviornment to his advantage to stay out of sight.

I first got into sniping when I wasn't allowed to play online. Yes, that's right. Way back in the day when Battlefield 1942 has just came out my brother played it. Since he knew I wanted to acquire the skills necessary to play PC games he let me play single-player for a few hours one day. Hook, line, sinker. I was mediokre at close quarters, but one day a computer player sniped me without me knowing from where. That is what I wanted for me. Well, for a few hours a day for months I played Scout in single-player, commonly getting 50+ kills and MAYBE 1 death. Needless to say he let me delve into the world of online gaming. My life has never been the same since.

I was good to say the least. I would get the Tobruk (Desert Combat) and head to the U.S. base. I'd use my ammo supply and have roughly 40 kills. People would be running to get to their jets so I'd wait for them to get close to make the thrill of the kill greater. Once they got within 10 or so feet I'd pop off a headshot. Boy did they get mad!

Sadly I lost my headshot skills when I quit gaming for 6 months soon after the Battlefield 2 demo was released (That's why it looks like I never play.), but I still enjoy grabbing the rifle and go popping off a few quick ones every once in a while. It reminds me of a simpler time when people died like a man instead of all this hopping and flopping and popping and locking and all that crap.
coldfyre99
+-2|6628
Pretty entertaining to kill guys that are gunning from the top of a vehicle when they have your team pinned down.
DeathCalibre
+0|6744
My Sniper stories are simple - yet effective.

I am a staunch Assault Soldier - I have 114 hours raked up with the kit. I use the Grenade Launcher whenever necessary! If there is more than one Soldier coming after me or if it is a long to medium distance shot, I will get the GL out. I couldn't give a rats ass if anyone calls me a n00b tuber. All I hear is pig squealing whenever they get owned with it.

How is this relevant?

I note every lamer which consistently labels me a n00b tuber, and that I have no "skill" in aiming guns.

The next time I'm in a map where I see them as Sniper, I deliberately pick the Sniper kit and pop them off. One player in particular - "TheVidia" witnessed just how "n00btube" I am when I capped his ass 6 times sequentially with the M95 when he was trying to Snipe me. For some reason, I don't get called a "n00btuber" anymore - I get a user who leaves the server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard