David.P
Banned
+649|6296
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command
Pretty horrible.

It's amazing that the Chinese are so awful. I really try to avoid the made in china sticker, but alas if you gotta buy stuff you got to do business with China.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6578
Tibetans need to get tough on China without going so far as to illicit the same response the Chechnyans got from Russia. I don't know whether a Gandhi approach or a Guevara approach is required here.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6780|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

Tibetans need to get tough on China without going so far as to illicit the same response the Chechnyans got from Russia. I don't know whether a Gandhi approach or a Guevara approach is required here.
What approach can Tibet use against China?

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-04-25 11:48:53)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6758|Salt Lake City

Well, since we seem to be in a war making mood, we could announce that we are backing Tibet and Taiwan as independent countries, and then tell China if they want to collect on the money we own them, to get their ass over here and try to collect it.

Yeah, I know, I know...ain't gonna happen.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

sergeriver wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

What approach can use Tibet against China?
Kung Fu, but, that's about it.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6857|Kubra, Damn it!

sergeriver wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Considering they're best known for the Dalai Lama, the Gandhi approach seems like a natural fit. The difference is that passive resistance won't work against the Chinese government's lack of regard for human life the way that it did against the British.
ATG
Banned
And if anybody wants a chicom mail order bride, check out the ads.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6780|Argentina

chittydog wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Considering they're best known for the Dalai Lama, the Gandhi approach seems like a natural fit. The difference is that passive resistance won't work against the Chinese government's lack of regard for human life the way that it did against the British.
Therefore they have no choice until the UN decides to do something.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6738|USA

ATG wrote:

Chicom???????
Commie Killer
+192|6409

SFCCDailey wrote:

ATG wrote:

Chicom???????
Its actually ChiCom, short for Chinese Communists, not a good phrase to use anymore though as it is not Politically Correct...
mikkel
+383|6623

ATG wrote:

I get google ads for ATV accessories and parts, Mil-Spec integrated circuits and semiconductors, and a book endorsed by the Dalai Lama.

Would this be some sort of paradoxical fembot?
FallenMorgan
+53|5936|Glendale, CA
Buddhism is a religion of peace - the Chinese government is violently supressing them.  I honestly hope that somebody blows up the Great Hall of the People in Beijing or something.  I have to say though that China isn't that bad if you don't count the opressive government - they have the world's largest economy and army.  If they were to be brought down, the entire rest of the world would probably need to declare war on them.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6652|Mexifornia, USA

ATG wrote:

I'm going for the Buddha ringtones, myself.
link52787
+29|6544

ATG wrote:

Pretty horrible.

It's amazing that the Chinese are so awful. I really try to avoid the made in china sticker, but alas if you gotta buy stuff you got to do business with China.
I would normally defend my heritage from generalized comments but I can not longer do that anymore because all it does is fall on deaf ears.

The Chinese are not bad people,  its the government.  You have no idea what it is like to be afraid of your own government who has eyes and ears following you everyday of your life.

My grandparents were victims of the government, my father doesn't like to talk about what happened to his father.   

Sometimes I do feel ashamed to be Chinese but I am an American, I am fortunate to live here instead over there.
ATG
Banned

link52787 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Pretty horrible.

I would normally defend my heritage from generalized comments but I can not longer do that anymore because all it does is fall on deaf ears.

The Chinese are not bad people,  its the government.  You have no idea what it is like to be afraid of your own government who has eyes and ears following you everyday of your life.

My grandparents were victims of the government, my father doesn't like to talk about what happened to his father.   

Sometimes I do feel ashamed to be Chinese but I am an American, I am fortunate to live here instead over there.
Bro, by ' Chinese ' I figured it was understood that I meant their leadership.

Understand, I'm white, anglo saxon, middle class. Do I secretly wish a plague would kill 80% of the Chinese people? sure, but it's from a purely logistical point of view; the world simply cannot sustain the current population. I have no beef and mostly profound respect for asian culture.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6857|Kubra, Damn it!

link52787 wrote:

You have no idea what it is like to be afraid of your own government who has eyes and ears following you everyday of your life.
We will soon enough.

link52787 wrote:

As you said, it's just the government. China has a very long history of culture and innovation. There's no reason to be ashamed.
zeidmaan
+234|6437|Vienna

I come from ex-Yugoslavia. I dont remember much from the times of the Communist Regime but my older brother and sister do. You could say something "wrong" as a kid on the playground and the next day you father is jailed. You never know who heard what and told to whom. Its usually just for a day or two though but it would definitely lower your standard in the society. Parents would regularly instruct their kids on what not to say or about what not to joke. I remember those conversations with my dad.
But if someone openly criticised the Government he could get 10-20 years in prison. Prisons had more politicians, writers, activists, teachers etc than normal criminals. It was crazy. So its very hard to blame the normal citizens in a country like that.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6251|NSW, Australia

build another great wall, or at least a "shitty/city wall"
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6413

CameronPoe wrote:

Several Tibetans already tried a Guevara approach.  With guns.  Suffice to say, it was quite brutal on both sides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_Tibetan_uprising

In a side note, see that the CIA trained the Tibetans.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2008-04-26 03:32:21)

David.P
Banned
+649|6296
Wow guys i'm surprised at the Lack of responses to this thread.
CC-Marley
+407|6851

some_random_panda wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Tibetans need to get tough on China without going so far as to illicit the same response the Chechen's got from Russia. I don't know whether a Gandhi approach or a Guevara approach is required here.
Several Tibetans already tried a Guevara approach.  With guns.  Suffice to say, it was quite brutal on both sides.

Another side note. They didn't get much support from the populous.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

David.P wrote:

Wow guys i'm surprised at the Lack of responses to this thread.
Put Israel in the title
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6643|London, England

ATG wrote:

link52787 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Pretty horrible.

Bro, by ' Chinese ' I figured it was understood that I meant their leadership.

Understand, I'm white, anglo saxon, middle class. Do I secretly wish a plague would kill 80% of the Chinese people? sure, but it's from a purely logistical point of view; the world simply cannot sustain the current population. I have no beef and mostly profound respect for asian culture.
What is this shit, what if someone said that 80% of Anglo Saxons should be wiped out. No, don't answer, I know you wouldn't allow it. So if you're not prepared to kill your self and your family off for the "greater good" why should someone else do it?

Oh yeah and fuck the Chinese government. They're the ones that are destroying Chinese culture the most, yet alot of brainwashed Chinese seem to think otherwise. Hong Kong has shown that China doesn't need a Peoples Republic to be successful.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-04-26 11:17:58)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6413

CC-Marley wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Tibetans need to get tough on China without going so far as to illicit the same response the Chechen's got from Russia. I don't know whether a Gandhi approach or a Guevara approach is required here.

Another side note. They didn't get much support from the populous.
So in short, the CIA were trying to incite a revolution.  Your statement just condemned America's actions.

https://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/12/12/borat_thumbs_up_narrowweb__300x504,0.jpg

Glad to see someone agrees.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2008-04-26 17:00:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard