tobz102
+11|5909|UK
ok so new build, set up my striped raid array its all good. put in my vista x64 disk and loads. then a screen comes up asking for drivers for the raid. theyr on a usb stick and i slect them. however whenever i do it says it cant find any drivers. whats going on???
jamiet757
+138|6592
Dunno, search google for vlite, slipstream your raid drivers into the windows installation disc, I find that it is easier than putting drivers on a disc or whatever.

Quick question, did you just copy the .exe file that you downloaded, or did you extract the files from it?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
What's your motherboard? (I am running RAID0 on Vista fine right now...it was so easy to setup on my ASUS board, no drivers or anything like that needed..)
tobz102
+11|5909|UK
got an asus m3n ht. new board
jamiet757
+138|6592
do what I said and see if it works.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6497|Portland, OR USA

jamiet757 wrote:

do what I said and see if it works.
slipstreaming can be a pain - but to his point - did you extract the drivers or just copy the installer onto your USB drive?  Also - are you sure Vista is detecting your USB drives in setup?
tobz102
+11|5909|UK

jamiet757 wrote:

Dunno, search google for vlite, slipstream your raid drivers into the windows installation disc, I find that it is easier than putting drivers on a disc or whatever.

Quick question, did you just copy the .exe file that you downloaded, or did you extract the files from it?
simply the .exe as when i try teo extrarct it doesnt allow. i will try vlite and get bak to u
tobz102
+11|5909|UK
its detecting it yh. its letting me browse it.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6497|Portland, OR USA

tobz102 wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

simply the .exe as when i try teo extrarct it doesnt allow. i will try vlite and get bak to u
just copying the exe will never work.  If it doesn't allow you to directly expand the exe to the usb drive, expand it on your hard drive then copy the entire expanded driver set over.
tobz102
+11|5909|UK
cheers guys. +1s for you. got it sorted now. ill get sum pics up after its finishedi

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard