Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6539|Adelaide, South Australia

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It's worth signing the petition, however.
They dont work my friend.
I really hope this one works
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5951|Somewhere out in Space

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It's worth signing the petition, however.

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6539|Adelaide, South Australia

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

;_;
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

The petition was enough to bring it to the attention of all of us, and the thousands of others who signed it, and passed it on.

Which, when you think about it, is what the aim of the petition was really for.

Your too quick to label things as failed.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Wallpaper
+303|6013|The pool
Thus proves further that modern art is horse shit.

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/1wallpaper1/portra_dreierduchamplg.jpg
Sgt.Gene
+215|6783
wow...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6488

S.Lythberg wrote:

I've heard that this is, in fact, a Hoax, the artist just wanted to show how the suffering (true or false) of a single animal can galvanize more people to the cause than a genocide in some far off country can.
Indeed, and I find aforementioned galvanization more disgusting than the exhibit, even if it is not a hoax.
brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6757|IL

liquidat0r wrote:

That's one of the first online petitions I've actually signed. I normally don't bother, but that really is a disgusting thing to do.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6561|Washington

brickZ28 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

That's one of the first online petitions I've actually signed. I normally don't bother, but that really is a disgusting thing to do.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I've heard that this is, in fact, a Hoax, the artist just wanted to show how the suffering (true or false) of a single animal can galvanize more people to the cause than a genocide in some far off country can.
Indeed, and I find aforementioned galvanization more disgusting than the exhibit, even if it is not a hoax.
As Stalin said:

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6239|Phoenix, AZ
Ive been to San Jose, Costa Rica...

Its pretty bad there as far as dogs

People cant afford to feed them...

Poor bastards

PS: I signed
']['error
Banned
+630|6664|The Netherlands
signed! I don't see the art that djphetal sees, I just think it is animal cruelty...
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

djphetal wrote:

Yeah, I guess I may be the outsider here, but I, personally, find this incredibly artistic, and quite brilliant. As I said before, it's very sad, and certainly not ethical, but I find the "art" in this to be what you're seeing here.
Discussion, anger, compassion, love, violence, movement...
This guy has created an exhibit that has gained more exposure than anything like it for a while now. Whether intentional or not, he has rallied people against a common cause. And not only that, why are people so easily united against a relatively minor tragedy? It not only says something about the nature of people, it is practically a case study on the sociological impact that "cruelty" can have on a large population.

If I met the artist, I'd shake his hand, tell him I thought it was tragic but brilliant, and ask him what he thought about the reaction it was getting.

The art here is us, that petition, your friends... and how we're all reacting to this.

+1 Guillermo Vargas Habacuc. You have the world captive.
Yes.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6152|Carnoustie, Scotland

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Sick bastard.

I signed.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6675|UK

djphetal wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

no matter what your argument THIS IS NOT ART, there is no possible way you can call this art, this is a man trying to make a buck and get him self fame, i am sure that he does not give a shit about what happens to all those dogs that are starving and alone, you try to take the argument about us eating a nice steak as being the same, you're so so wrong, cows and other animals are bread for the purpose of eating, that dog was Humiliated and tortured for the sake of what you call art, if however any meat i ate was tortured in that way then i would not eat meat, that's why i eat free range eggs and chicken and anything else. WHAT that guy should have done is made a vid took some pics of the dog before, then took it in and cared for him then a few months later took some pics and a vid when the dog was healthy and cared for, then placed them in the art gallery, that would have made an impact too.  OK so he has done a good job of highlighting a serious problem, but bringing it to the forefront of conversation does not solve the problem, in my mind all this guy has done is put him self on my list of dead men walking.
art is subjective.
period, end of discussion.
nope its not, everything has limits, and that my friend is way beyond the limits.

Any ways thanks to all the have signed the petition, had some great ADULT for once discussions. think someone needs to make a WHAT IS ART THREAD. Djphetal seems to know a lot about art maybe you could do one
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6786|UK

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

You still have yet to explain what is so precious about human life.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England
Oh my, think of the animals

*Eats Hamburger and Chicken nuggets*

/The World

Although that is pretty sick, I think what's worse is that:

- Nobody did anything, they all just let it happen
- The Museum allowed it

Maybe we just have to appreciate other cultures, where dogs are seen as a pest and shit. Like over here, if it was done to a Rat, nobody would give a damn. Whereas there is some country that's saying "how the fuck could these guys not care, I mean, why would you do that to a rat" - and then you guys would be like "it's just a rat"

"It's just a dog" - Whatever country this artist is from

Too many hypocrites around these days. Too many people that prefer to shit on other cultures, because they don't understand them one bit.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-04-24 02:34:06)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6786|UK
Agreed, like the killings in other countries, "It's just a person".
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England
Hmm, I think killing a human is universal around the world. Seeing as it's one of our own species, and thus, there's a pretty natural all round bad reaction to it. Compared to animals, it's totally different.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6355|Oregon

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

Any ways thanks to all the have signed the petition, had some great ADULT for once discussions. think someone needs to make a WHAT IS ART THREAD. Djphetal seems to know a lot about art maybe you could do one
It really has been a good discussion! I really do respect that everyone has intelligently responded to the few of us who disagree with the masses.
And really, I don't want any of you to think that I think you're "wrong," because I totally see where you're coming from. That's what's amazing to me about this... it's deeper than "that's awful" or "that's brilliant."

If it weren't so late here, I would make that thread... if nobody beats me to it, I might do it in the morning...

Hahaha... I don't claim to know more about art than anyone. My belief is that all art is subjective, and that's that. There is a lot of stuff I would argue "is not art," such as genocide or other things... so I know there's a line, as you said before. I just don't think that this crosses it.

An analogy may be something like this: What makes a good guitarist? Is Slash a good guitarist? Is Steve Vai a good guitarist? Jimi Hendrix? ... None of them are "good," because you can't qualify an artist... or their art... in that way. I happen to hate Steve Vai. I dislike Slash. I love Jimi. Someone may love what Vai does, and who am I to say Vai is "bad" if someone else really gains something from him?

This exhibit, whether you acknowledge it or not, has obviously affected everyone discussing it here in some way, and while it may anger someone, it may fascinate another. Maybe it makes you sad, maybe it makes you think. I think that because of this, I consider it "artistic."
If you don't think it's artistic, that's fine! We don't agree but we can still discuss it and come out better people either way. You grown not by making "wrong" nor "right" choices, but rather by hearing as many perspectives about anything that you can.

And I also signed the petition. I can see how much this cause means to so many people and I don't have anything to gain by not signing it... so I figured I'd give my signature in honor of all you guys and everyone else who is coming together for this.
THAT SAID... there are other tragedies far more worth protesting, in my opinion...
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6805|Perth, Western Australia
Hey look now everyone is concerned about dogs.

You realise this means he wins right?
_raab
+28|6253|Western Aust.
804023 Signatures Total

Signed. Hope he/they get what they deserve. Karma motherfuckers.

Edit*
Actually, read the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Vargas
Not sure what to beleive, but the pictures don't lie I guess.

Last edited by _raab (2008-04-24 05:02:46)

Tumleren
+6|6406|Denmark

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Hey look now everyone is concerned about dogs.

You realise this means he wins right?
Is that a bad thing? and how can he win - I didn't know there was a competition.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/00d43ece1de685cd75c3c7a92ae5a204fa8b7ded.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6414|The Gem Saloon

djphetal wrote:

Parker wrote:

my dog.....my best friend should be able to get out of the fire like i did.
opposable thumbs FTW!!!!!!
Talk about "weird views..."
You're arguing semantics... the point is that if you were placed in a situation where you had to choose between saving a dog and a human... which would you pick?
If you chose the dog, I think you would receive quite a bit of ill will.
i know, right?

weird views.....YOU are OK with watching an animal die, so that you might find the "artistic value" in that experience.
now THAT is a weird view. of course, why go with the "norm", huh? you can be SUCH a rebel and find the beauty in something like this.
what i find funny is that your view of artwork is based on your education and experiences in life.
i would LOVE to know what experiences in your life have led you to believe this is art......on second thought, thats probably something you keep between you and your therapist, so nevermind

fucking kids these days....theyll like anything just to be "different".
jsnipy
+3,276|6542|...

Whatever happened to a good ole crucifix in a jar of piss?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard