comic_chimere
+-1|6732|England, UK
I read the manual but cant get this to work. I never hear anyone talking in all the hours I have played. Im guess its the way my settings are or somthing. Is there a guide anywhere on the voice comms program and using it?

I noticed everyone name has a speeker next to it and so on

I turn it on in options but wen i get in game then check back in options it turned off again

Thanks for any help

Last edited by comic_chimere (2006-01-09 15:42:58)

oberst_enzian
+234|6784|melb.au
Can we get a VOIP sticky up in the Help section, given how many people keep asking about this, mod dudes?

edit:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=9606
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=9378
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=8616

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-09 15:42:53)

comic_chimere
+-1|6732|England, UK
well it has worked before im sure.

If i enable it, save. Then click on another tab, go back in and it reset, all of the VoIP settings. My mic works fine on all other comms programs like ts and vent. Just having the probs on BF2 :@
oberst_enzian
+234|6784|melb.au
i had this exact problem - it turned out in my case that it was because i was using onboard sound, which bf2 doesn't like. all the problems went away when i got a soundcard. suddenly everyone was talking, and I could too. are you using onboard sound or soundcard?
comic_chimere
+-1|6732|England, UK
im not sure.

im using this;

Realtek AC97 Audio

how can i check if its onboard or not? :s

soundcards is the onlything i never bothered learning

nope looked in my pc and cant see a soundcard. I'll just buy somthing like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-1-Surround-Soun … dZViewItem

should do the trick aye?

Last edited by comic_chimere (2006-01-09 16:15:39)

oberst_enzian
+234|6784|melb.au
LOL - realtek AC97 Audio is exactly what I was using!!!! Yeah, there's your problem alright.

not at all sure about the card you mention - but that's because I don't know anything about soundcards, not because it looks dodgey. Dunno, anyone else know anything about soundcards? (judging by how many sound threads go unanswered, I'll guess not, or that they can't be bothered helping out).

i bought one of these and now I have all the sounds settings maxed out, all VOIP problems are gone, and everything sounds sweeeeeeeet. Just got get a set of 7.1 surround headphones to go with it
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6807|Cambridge (UK)

comic_chimere wrote:

im using this;
Realtek AC97 Audio

oberst_enzian wrote:

LOL - realtek AC97 Audio is exactly what I was using!!!! Yeah, there's your problem alright.
Just to confuse matters, I'm using on-board Realtek AC97 Audio and I've never had a problem, however, I don't use the Realtek drivers - my mobo's an nForce2 board, so I use the nVidia nForce2 audio drivers...

As for the soundcard - be carefull - you could find it's just a Realtek AC97! Hard to say from the complete lack of any info on the ebay page...

If I were you, comic_chimere, if you also have an nForce2 mobo, I'd try installing the nVidia nForce Audio driver first...
comic_chimere
+-1|6732|England, UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

comic_chimere wrote:

im using this;
Realtek AC97 Audio

oberst_enzian wrote:

Just to confuse matters, I'm using on-board Realtek AC97 Audio and I've never had a problem, however, I don't use the Realtek drivers - my mobo's an nForce2 board, so I use the nVidia nForce2 audio drivers...

As for the soundcard - be carefull - you could find it's just a Realtek AC97! Hard to say from the complete lack of any info on the ebay page...

If I were you, comic_chimere, if you also have an nForce2 mobo, I'd try installing the nVidia nForce Audio driver first...
thanks for the info. Im not sure what mobo im using but ill try the driver u mention. lol, as for the ebay page. I only posted it coz its looks funny and is very cheap, and as u say, has no info lol.

the problems seems to be that the AC97 is onboard and using their drivers. SO if the ebay card is AC97, it isnt onboard so I guess it would work anyway. I dunno, dont no anything about soundcards

Last edited by comic_chimere (2006-01-09 17:11:54)

comic_chimere
+-1|6732|England, UK
update - with VoIP disabled (not by choice) I actually heard somone talk for about 2 seconds. So now I am totaly confused

to be safe I have ordered a soundcard

Last edited by comic_chimere (2006-01-11 14:54:14)

IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6778
I have a system that works just fine with onboard card and its using AC97 Audio. I had a problem where my card was saying that it was on but windows was saying that it wasnt so i tricked windows into thinking it was on by using a usb mic and an analog one at the same time. now it works just fine with both......
StickyBombs
+8|6798|Sacramento, CA (USA)
Here's an idea download the newest audio drivers for the AC 97' audio drivers.  www.realtek.com

Last edited by StickyBombs (2006-01-11 15:05:00)

Hummeth
+4|6686|Wisconsin
i had the problem where the settings keep resetting too. I don't know what to do. The voip worked before, then I stopped using it for a while and now it keeps resetting. Can anyone offer any solutiong, besides getting a sound card, because it worked before.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6673|Derby, England

comic_chimere wrote:

I read the manual but cant get this to work. I never hear anyone talking in all the hours I have played. Im guess its the way my settings are or somthing. Is there a guide anywhere on the voice comms program and using it?

I noticed everyone name has a speeker next to it and so on

I turn it on in options but wen i get in game then check back in options it turned off again

Thanks for any help
Check make sure your Mic is not Muted in control panel. Also have you looked at this? Make sure you set up VOIP in settings first ( root BF2 ) also have a look at this thred.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22188

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard