BlackJackBob
+2|6756|Canada
That's right.. I play to lose. Not to win.

"What?" you say...

"wouldn't you want to play to win?" you ask.

Well.. in a sense.. i do both. I play to lose, but i try to win. I don't play to win.

I was recently invited to join 101stcorps clan, given a week to think about it. I thought about it. Even asked and tried to get my good friend Zaun42(ranked#5with the rocket..check if you must) to consider joining also.
But after a week of evaluation i've come to realize that the clan consists of players that play in a style that is really not very sportsmen like. No matter what happens 101st members end up on the winning team. Now, i understand that the war college ribbon is a prized ribbon to get...but is being a poor sportsman one of the requirements? Numerous times i destroyed 101st members.. sometimes knifing 2 or 3 of them at a time.. laughing all the way of course but no matter what, they always win. Sure i play for badges and ribbons.. but i take them as they come.. if i don't deserve a ribbon, why should i get it?

So that's right.. i play to lose. I'm a good sportsman and a good loser. I lose with pride. If i get my ass handed to me without being spawnkilled the entire round then i feel like i've made my game worth while...  I never play my single player stuff on easy.. what's the point?

Basically i guess what i'm trying to say is... what's the point in playing a game if you know you're going to win no matter what?

Last edited by BlackJackBob (2006-01-09 15:11:52)

wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6742|England
^^pld
I dont mind whether I win or Lose either, so long as the teams are fair and theres no foul play. (my win/loss is 1.0 lol so thats as even as it gets)
I also dont go all out for my badges, I just play the way I play and IF I can be arsed and I am close to one then I may go for it, but not while playing with friends in a squad.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6776|Nova Scotia, Canada

If I'm on the losing team with a score of 100, I'll certainly take that loss!
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6742|England
I'll take the loss all the time as long as its not 17 vs 5 or something stupid and everyone baseraping you and ignoring calls of "even the teams please"  when that happens I'll just find another server.
BlackJackBob
+2|6756|Canada
If preserving your win:loss ratio was so important then the least you can do is just disconnect...you won't get the win.. because you know you don't deserve it.. and you won't get the loss to mess your ratio up. But no.. apparently fair gameplay is a thing of the past.
xaven
+25|6735|Berlin
not for me.

if there are only rapers and teamkillers and winning team joiners out there, its no reason to become one of them...

Last edited by xaven (2006-01-09 15:33:59)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839

wooly-back-jack wrote:

I'll take the loss all the time as long as its not 17 vs 5 or something stupid and everyone baseraping you and ignoring calls of "even the teams please"  when that happens I'll just find another server.
I play to have FUN. that cow does rock.
ronin1942
+-1|6845
what do you mean by poor sportsman ship? hacking and gliching? or bunny hopping and noobtubing? because the later is not poor spoortsmanship.it may not be your style of play but not cheating. there are reasons for what they do. bunny hopping helps avoid splash damage and some gun fire.The gl is a one shot kill weapon.Sound tactics for compitition. the problem is all the true "noobs" out there keep crying because there getting there asses kicked all the time.as for realisem.......dont kid yourself this is a video game if you want to get a realistic feel to something go play paintball.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands

BlackJackBob wrote:

Basically i guess what i'm trying to say is... what's the point in playing a game if you know you're going to win no matter what?
You re very right! I really couldnt agree more! I dont really care if i lose or win, as long as i m having fun playing. I guess the most interesting games are the ones when you allmost get a draw and the ticketloss is really close. It not much fun to win or lose a round with 250 tickets left.
xaven
+25|6735|Berlin
yeah, balanced teams, no kiddie playin' styles, good teamplay on both sides, skill and tactics decide the map. thats fun!
KosmoKramer1
+0|6692|USA
clans in general... silly
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6755
The only way I know of ending up on a winning team in BF2 is by switching teams, this is a bug/glitch/exploit that EA needs to address. I know one server that kicks and bans for doing that because its stat padding.

If you got 6+ people on vent/teamspeak working together on the same team on a 64 player server, you are just bound to be more likely to win. The more players you have working together and the more information you have going around, especially if one of the teammates on ts/vent is the commander, the sadder and sadder the other team starts to look.

Clans can be fun, and there are some "clans" which are mistaken as clans because they wear tags but are actually just communities where players hang out, and play together.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6725|New Hampshire

BlackJackBob wrote:

If preserving your win:loss ratio was so important then the least you can do is just disconnect...you won't get the win.. because you know you don't deserve it.. and you won't get the loss to mess your ratio up. But no.. apparently fair gameplay is a thing of the past.
Even if you disconnect you still get the loss if you've played the round long enough.
wiez
+1|6711
I am also against the team switchers that are after their ribbon. On one game it quite possibly cost me my pistol badge. I was in a great postion to get it after 3 kills when I respawned, only to get switched because the tickets were running low and someone on the other team obviously didn't want to loose.

I think a simple fix for this (and something that should have been in the game from the start) is that you are attributed a win/loss depending on how much time you played for each team. Then if you played 90% of your time on the loosing team you will get a loss even if you finished the round on the winning team. That way maybe people that REALLY wanted their team switching...ooops I meant War College ribbon might actually try to affect the result of the round instead of just switch teams at the end of the round.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6847
I play for fun,

If you play to win (or in your case lose) then there's bound to be cheating and unethical actions, but where you do draw the line at a ethical game?
I'll sum it up in one phrase:
"If a military personal has done it, then do it"

Simply, slapping C4 on a veicle and driving into a tank is ok, Al-Queda do it all the time. You don't see Al-Queda or the US Marine corp. jumping into thier knees or guts like spastics dodging bullets. You don't see US troops flying the same last jet on a aircraft carrier for 45 hours. I don't mind if you stay in it and you don't die but if you die and there's someone waiting there for it, let them have it, don't be a child molesting cheapskate stealing planes over and over.

I play for tactics, I run the field, lay cover fire, creck all corners, cover my teamates, as soon as someone decides to take advantage of it (use me as a shield, run away in the heat of battle) then I start a kickvote or tell them to fuck off.

We really need some "tard free" or "anti tard" measures put in place from Punbuster to teach peopel to play ethically.

In short: I'm lookign forward to the 1.2 patch, if EA doesn't do thier trademark thing and fuck it up or put a price on it.
cocoasdad
+0|6744
The best servers are the one that switch the entire team after each round.

If you are USMC on Oman this round, you will be Mec on Oman next round. It gives you a chance to see both sides of the battle and to use equipment from both sides.

I have seen many people that will leave a server because they can't play a particular side or get a specific piece of equipment-good riddence.

My win/loss is something like .98. To me it is a useless stat as I will never see a war college ribbon.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands

cocoasdad wrote:

My win/loss is something like .98.
My win to loss ratio after 797 rounds is 0.96, i guess you hardly ever switch teams like me.
BlackJackBob
+2|6756|Canada
MAN! I was playin there again today with different members i hadn't met and sure enough.. they switch right at the end of the round.. and oh yea.. people that are on the winning team get switched to fill the space on the losing team... really fair eh?

That shit pisses me off.. i mean i had fun there.. i'd kick their ass....but then they'd end up on my team..and being it they are supposed to be "skillful" players..the teams end up being retarded for the next round and we destroy the other team with ease.. so wtf.. they only play to win... it's not a clan.. it's a bunch of people helping eachother pad their win ratio.

It's disgraceful.

Every single member in the 101stcorps "clan" switches teams right at the end of the round specificly to get the win and ensure that they'll win next round.
They don't lose because they can't handle it....

Sore Losers.

I'd drop my monitor out my 27th story window before i joined their cheesey clan

p.s. i suppose this could be in the complain forum so i apologize.

Last edited by BlackJackBob (2006-01-10 11:56:25)

Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6839|Finland
Im quessing youre friend isnt joining that clan either
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6742|England
nah, keep it in BF2 Chatter its a good topic
BlackJackBob
+2|6756|Canada

Landepaukku wrote:

Im quessing youre friend isnt joining that clan either
No.. he will not be joining them either..

the only reason it rubs me the wrong way is because they're mostly the same rank as me...I guess that just goes to show that rank really doesn't mean much.
BlackJackBob
+2|6756|Canada
So here's an update... I finally opened my mouth about their gameplay style on their forum. And wouldn't you know it.. they admit to switching teams at the end of the round.. infact they encourage it .. because how else are you going to get the war college right?

If you wanna win all the time, Join 101st. Because they're the biggest bunch of sore losers in the bf2 community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard