notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center
So by now I'm sure most of you have heard about the FLDS polygamist organization in Texas.  I just found this video on Youtube, and honestly, I'm creeped out by it.  These women seem incredibly detached, distant, brainwashed, and extremely...robotic.

Creepy.  As.  Fuck.
FallenMorgan
+53|5913|Glendale, CA
The FLDS is the biggest bunch of sick fucks on earth.  Perfect example of how fundamentalists brainwash their offspring.  I think we should set up re-education camps for these types, for their own good.  They should NOT have their kids back to be raped and forced to marry old men.  Fuck these sick fucks.

Last edited by FallenMorgan (2008-04-22 15:25:07)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
I'm losing track of the times the word "fundentalists" has been used in Morgan's posts ...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

FallenMorgan wrote:

The FLDS is the biggest bunch of sick fucks on earth.  Perfect example of how fundamentalists brainwash their offspring.  I think we should set up re-education camps for these types, for their own good.  They should NOT have their kids back to be raped and forced to marry old men.  Fuck these sick fucks.
Hey, have you ever heard of the fourth amendment? The first?

I thought America was founded by people seeking the freedom to practice their own religion.

I think the reeducation camps would better better filled with brain washed youths who gleefully cheer as the government breaks up homes on false accusations.

They don't look like robots, they look like people getting smashed by the big hairy hand of the man, people who have had their children taken from them and paced in state custody for a phoned in impersonation.

The illegal  alien and drug smugglers probably enjoy this distraction on the border.

The debacle in Texas is an abortion of the legal system. And it saddens me that people like you want to have the government practice discrimination when it comes to the first amendment. Be careful what you ask for, the government never settles for just a little more power.
topthrill05
+125|6577|Rochester NY USA
Scary yes, although maybe thats an issue on my end not theirs.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
Nutjobs, who the fuck can handle having more than one wife?
FallenMorgan
+53|5913|Glendale, CA
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints marries young girls to older men right when they hit puberty.  They have the right to practice their religion, but they DON'T have the right to rape unwilling girls, force a 15 year old to marry a 40 year old man, and so on.  Warren Jeffs is a pedofile.

Girls are taught there that they can't go to heaven unless they have a bunch of kids.  They're taught that everyone else is evil, etc.

Last edited by FallenMorgan (2008-04-22 16:03:35)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
Wow, thats creepy...

I think the issue is that they have been taught to hate and fear modern society, and being on television is the epitome of that.
(but who here isn't a little scared of Larry King?)

I'm gonna have to agree with FallenMorgan on this one, FLDS does indoctrinate women from an early age to accept a life of inferiority, as well as condones practices that are illegal under federal law, including polygamy and underage marriage, and it's leaders should be sent to prison.
FallenMorgan
+53|5913|Glendale, CA
Don't forget about rape, assault, and so on.

I hope these children get loving, normal homes.  I'm watching a Dr. Phil special about it right now.

The right to freedom of religion doesn't go this far.

Last edited by FallenMorgan (2008-04-22 16:11:01)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina
Much like any other animal, humans can be trained to obey commands and various other conditions, regardless of how illogical or demented they might be.

For all intensive purposes, these people are damaged goods.  Only the younger ones can hope to break free of the brainwashing they have received.  The adults are beyond help, for the mind grows rigid past a certain age.
Stingray24
I find it disturbing that law enforcement rolled in like they were taking on a small army on unproven accusations.  Those who have committed crimes should be prosecuted, but the whole group doesn't deserve their children snatched by the government because they have weird views.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Turquoise wrote:

Only the younger ones can hope to break free of the brainwashing they have received.  The adults are beyond help, for the mind grows rigid past a certain age.
Not always true.

Stingray24 wrote:

I find it disturbing that law enforcement rolled in like they were taking on a small army on unproven accusations.  Those who have committed crimes should be prosecuted, but the whole group doesn't deserve their children snatched by the government because they have weird views.
A religion that relishes marrying pre-teen girls to middle aged-men goes beyond having weird views. Age of consent in Texas is 17.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-04-22 17:01:06)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Hmm, you guys condemn when Saudi Arabia treat women like shit (Rightly so), where is that for this. I know 100% that if you replaced FLDS with Islam, and left everything else exactly the same. A huge shitstorm would occur, possibly violence outbreaking against all Muslims across the nation etc..

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-04-22 17:02:57)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Hmm, you guys condemn when Saudi Arabia treat women like shit, where is that for this. I know 100% that if you replaced FLDS with Islam, and left everything else exactly the same. A huge shitstorm would occur, possibly violence outbreaking against all Muslims across the nation etc..
How long until an FLDS version of this film?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-04-22 17:02:36)

Stingray24
The concept certainly is foreign to our modern day culture, but there are many cultures around the world which do so.  As I said before, anyone committing crimes should be prosecuted, but beyond that, leave em alone.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

FallenMorgan wrote:

I'm watching a Dr. Phil special about it right now.
ugh...that guy is a leach...a publicity whore at his finest...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

I'll let Phil Hendrie sum it up for me.
Have a Ball
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned

FallenMorgan wrote:

Don't forget about rape, assault, and so on.

I hope these children get loving, normal homes.  I'm watching a Dr. Phil special about it right now.

The right to freedom of religion doesn't go this far.
Warren Jeffs was not at the ranch, he is in prison.

I agree with age of consent laws. I'm not opposed to laws against incest.

I hope Dr. Phil fills you in on all the facts.
Turquoise
O Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

The concept certainly is foreign to our modern day culture, but there are many cultures around the world which do so.  As I said before, anyone committing crimes should be prosecuted, but beyond that, leave em alone.
Most of the time I'm all in favor of leaving people be, but indoctrinating people into cults such as this one is where I draw the line.  There comes a point where you must intervene to prevent children from being molded into drones.
ATG
Banned
Wow.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

but ........but ............... they look soooooooooooo hawt
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Creepy.  As.  Fuck.
Dude.. they lost their kids. I'd go nuts if I lost my little girl. Shit, I'd  probably even put on one of those blue dresses. As it stands right now we don't know exactly what was going on. If they are proven guilty it's a different story.

SEREMAKER wrote:

Not bad for laying sod all day.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Stingray24

Kmarion wrote:

If they are proven guilty it's a different story.
Problem is, those who are innocent have very little chance of getting a fair trial because of exactly what we've seen in this thread.  They've all been lumped together and labeled as so weird they deserve to lose their kids.  I doubt we'll ever really know what happened.
FallenMorgan
+53|5913|Glendale, CA

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Creepy.  As.  Fuck.
Dude.. they lost their kids. I'd go nuts if I lost my little girl. Shit, I'd  probably even put on one of those blue dresses. As it stands right now we don't know exactly what was going on. If they are proven guilty it's a different story.

SEREMAKER wrote:

Not bad for laying sod all day.
So a few fundamentalist wackos are more important than the welfare of 400-something children?

You do realise that if the girls go back, they will grow up to be raped and abused if they aren't fully brainwashed.  In that big church, there was a bed with female hair on it - I can only imagine what sexual abuse went on.  The women in that group were probably brainwashed to believe in that stuff through frequent physical abuse.

On Dr. Phil they had a girl who escaped from the group with her mom in Salt Lake City.  Her mom cut her hair and whatnot, and they decided to get rid of her and whatnot.  I'm glad Warren Jeffs is in prison.  What I hope is that right as I type this, he's getting buttfucked by some guy named Molly.
Turquoise
O Canada
Polygamy is illegal, so it's inevitable that the families will be broken up.  Aside from that, keeping people isolated in a cult like environment should be something bordering on illegal in and of itself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard