ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6402|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
I just got back from a track meet and was wondering if anyone here pole vaults.  I started about two weeks ago and its sweet.

also, anyone do high jump/long jump?
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6174
https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6189/polevaultju7.jpg

Last edited by NateWiese (2008-04-19 10:04:54)

ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
photo is currently unavailable
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|6006|London, England

ceslayer23 wrote:

photo is currently unavailable
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6780|Toronto | Canada

Mutantsteak wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

photo is currently unavailable ridiculously hot
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6397|England - Kent
Hell she borrowmy pole! :p
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6273
I used to back in high school.  It was pretty fun, but I sucked.  Never got more than 13'6" though.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR

sexecuti0ner wrote:

I used to back in high school.  It was pretty fun, but I sucked.  Never got more than 13'6" though.
dude thats pretty good.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6365|New Haven, CT
I long jump.

Pole vaulters are lazy at my school. With the exception of those on relay teams, they never run.

Ever.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

You would win our district with a mark like that.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6271|NSW, Australia

i tried with a broom stick once on our tiles in the kitchen. didnt work

i used to be good at high jump, i got up to the state comp and came 4th
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6662|London, England
Shit, we never had awesome things like Pole Vault at our school. I used to be quite good at Long Jump and High Jump though. Javelin, Javelin was fucking stupid because the fucking teachers never taught anybody how to do it properly. And Shot Putt is stupid, but fun.

I'd rather play real sports like Football than Athletics. I hate running around a track but I love doing cross country running

Oh yeah all of that was during High School - I've barely even played Football since going to Uni

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-04-20 05:56:47)

ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR

nukchebi0 wrote:

I long jump.

Pole vaulters are lazy at my school. With the exception of those on relay teams, they never run.

Ever.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

lol yeah, thats basically how it is here, too.  the vaulter just lay on the pit and get a tan.= while everyone else runs.  it's awesome.

how far do you jump?
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6398|CA, USA
I used to pole vault in high school.  never could get used to the 'bend' so i was relagated to straight poling it and as such never got over 10'6".  i pretty much just muscled my way up and over since i wasn't the fastest guy.  to be really good, you have to be extremely fast AND acrobatic and i was neither.  haha 

There was a guy at districts who could easily best 14'6" and the pole bent nearly in half.  he also shot so far that one time he landed on the ground towards the back of the mat!  i've seen several poles actually break.  sounds like a thunderclap.  Looking back, it was fun but i actually had more fun doing shot put.  it was also alot less running involved.  am i lazy.  you bet your sweet azz i am. 
tyme414
+29|6683
I used to high jump 2 years ago. Hit 6' as a sophomore but stopped track after that due to work
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6681|Your moms bedroom

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

I used to pole vault in high school.  never could get used to the 'bend' so i was relagated to straight poling it and as such never got over 10'6".  i pretty much just muscled my way up and over since i wasn't the fastest guy.  to be really good, you have to be extremely fast AND acrobatic and i was neither.  haha 

There was a guy at districts who could easily best 14'6" and the pole bent nearly in half.  he also shot so far that one time he landed on the ground towards the back of the mat!  i've seen several poles actually break.  sounds like a thunderclap.  Looking back, it was fun but i actually had more fun doing shot put.  it was also alot less running involved.  am i lazy.  you bet your sweet azz i am. 
same here, first time i bent the pole i said fuck this shit and quit
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6365|New Haven, CT

ceslayer23 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I long jump.

Ever.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

lol yeah, thats basically how it is here, too.  the vaulter just lay on the pit and get a tan.= while everyone else runs.  it's awesome.

how far do you jump?
18'6.5" is my best, although I have scratched jumps of 18'7, 18'9 and 18'10.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard